Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which is more popular: boxing or American football?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Wow, the NFL is bringing in almost double of what the English Premier League does?
    doubt those numbers are accurate maybe that's how much it brings only in England EPL is most followed league in the world with total viewership

Comment

Globally: Boxing
      In America: Football
      But the most popular sport overall I think it would be soccer. I don't watch it but seems like a very popular global sport

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        NFL athletes have evolved into veritable supermen in the past few decades. While the legends of the sport that played in the 70s and 80s were excellent athletes, they pale in comparison to their more modern counterparts. The guys playing the sport today are pushing the envelope of human speed, power, strength and athleticism. Liking a sport is a matter of taste, but it can't be argued that NFL players in general are athletic specimens.
        Yeah, I think people would be extremely shocked at what they were witnessing if they were given insight to how these guys train. Imagine Adrien Peterson, torn ACL & MCL last year and now he is on the verge of breaking the NFL rushing record.

These guys are performing some killer stuff.

Last edited by mathed; 12-27-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

american football?! what a load of crap that is. iv always thought of it as rugby for wimps!

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            I think F1 being in there shows the pitfalls of ranking sports by revenue.

Incidentally, EPL is only one soccer league. La Liga and Serie A are the other big hitters.
            I would think bundesliga is much bigger then La Liga and SerieA but yeah if you look at UEFA leagues which is about the same size as USA it wouldnt be close at all

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
              The more proper question should be, which is more popular in America, FUTBOL, or Boxing? I think it would be a more even asked question...
              No one in the states cares about futbol. The only time you will ever hear someone say see that soccer match is during the world cup. It's like the olympics. No one gives a damn about that **** except once every 4 years and in america the only reason olympics gets as much hype as it does is because of basketball to be honest.

I think the superbowl is the most watched sporting event even globally though overall soccer is the biggest world wide, with american football second. He'll even england wants a football team (american) to play in the NFL.

If you're trying to compare Football to Boxing the US its not even remotely close, theres not a single sport in the US that can touch football atm.

US list probably looks like this...

Football
              Basketball
              Baseball
              Hockey
              Boxing

Though for championships (as far as I recall):

Football
              Baseball
              Basketball
              Hockey
              Boxing

To compare it to soccer, as a lot of fathers tell their kids in America...
              Soccer is for foreigners and ****. (not saying that to be mean, but it's a fairly well known quote here)

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
                I think the superbowl is the most watched sporting event even globally
                I believe it's the football (soccer) World Cup final, although that is every 4 years while the Super Bowl is every year (?)

To compare it to soccer, as a lot of fathers tell their kids in America...
                Soccer is for foreigners and ****. (not saying that to be mean, but it's a fairly well known quote here)
                I would have thought the latino and italian communities in the US would take an interest in 'futbol'. It's obviously well behind the other major US sports though I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                  american football?! what a load of crap that is. iv always thought of it as rugby for wimps!
                  nfl players would crush rugby players.

crush them.

nfl players are bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than rugby players.

Comment

Originally posted by DTMB View Post
                    nfl players would crush rugby players.

crush them.

nfl players are bigger, stronger, faster, and more athletic than rugby players.
                    thats nice. im not getting into my dad would beat your dad arguments!!!!!!!!

Comment

In America it's Football. By miles. In the rest of the world it's Boxing. By miles. Not many people watch American football outside of the US.

Comment

Working...
                      X