Collapse
No announcement yet.

May 4th card will have Mayweather, Canelo, and Broner fighting on it

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too mention on a Floyd undercard, I don't believe you need to pay as much as other cards.

Being on a Floyd card is essentially a self promotion, they can offer less money and fighters will still take it at an opportunity to be the biggest PPV of the year. Get their name and exposure out there and make their money on their next individual event.

AKA Broner.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
      Then again... how much does Broner really cost?

If you ask me, Floyd should pick up Broner under his own banner and groom him as "the next".
      Its not about bringing in fans it's also about reaching a new fanbase, Broner and Canelo are still somewhat unknowns, on a Floyd card they get exposure which increases their stock

Comment

Not too mention on a Floyd undercard, I don't believe you need to pay as much as other cards.

Being on a Floyd card is essentially a self promotion, they can offer less money and fighters will still take it at an opportunity to be the biggest PPV of the year. Get their name and exposure out there and make their money on their next individual event.

AKA Broner.
        Broner shouldn't be any less than the 2nd fight on a ppv card. His HBO deal alone guarantees him 3 main event fights. I agree he would get more expsosure but its one thing to act like floyds lil bro but how many people watch the 3rd fight on a ppv.

I think he's better of waiting until floyd/canelo and he can go to the 2nd main spot. Like Canelo with floyd or chavez with Tyson.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Broner shouldn't be any less than the 2nd fight on a ppv card. His HBO deal alone guarantees him 3 main event fights. I agree he would get more expsosure but its one thing to act like floyds lil bro but how many people watch the 3rd fight on a ppv.

I think he's better of waiting until floyd/canelo and he can go to the 2nd main spot. Like Canelo with floyd or chavez with Tyson.
          But if Broner costs 750k? or even a Mill... Why not?

If he brings in just 15k more people they get their money back.

Thats the difference between 1.2 million and 1.215 million

Comment

vs cotto at 154, I don't think ghost could either.

As for beating cotto, didn't you expect that? I had him beating cotto before the fight.
            I did expect him to beat cotto, but doesnt change the fact that trout is a more competitive fight than guerrero

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              Well it's like morons vs morons up in here.

I don't see Floyd ducking Canelo, Trout, or Sergio.

I see Sergio fighting Martin Murray for some damn reason, and Canelo ducking Trout possibly.
              Murray is a top 10 ranked, undefeated MW who is the Interim WBA champion. He is smaller than Martin and it should be a great comeback fight after an 8 month layoff and surgery.

Comment

But if Broner costs 750k? or even a Mill... Why not?

If he brings in just 15k more people they get their money back.

Thats the difference between 1.2 million and 1.215 million
                True, but from broner's standpoint I dont like it. Makes him look too small when he needs to look big. You don't want to look like you are riding floyds coattails, IMO.

Maybe just this once, in May I can go along with it I guess. But Broner's entrances amd post fight interiews are only good if people are watching.

I think in general more fans are watching on a BAD or WCB main then at 9:45 ish on a ppv.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oxn View Post
                  I did expect him to beat cotto, but doesnt change the fact that trout is a more competitive fight than guerrero
                  i'm just saying it wasn't some huge upset in him beating cotto. I figured he would but I didn't think of a floyd/trout next.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                    True, but from broner's standpoint I dont like it. Makes him look too small when he needs to look big. You don't want to look like you are riding floyds coattails, IMO.

Maybe just this once, in May I can go along with it I guess. But Broner's entrances amd post fight interiews are only good if people are watching.

I think in general more fans are watching on a BAD or WCB main then at 9:45 ish on a ppv.
                    For once i agree with you, its one thing to be 2nd string, but 3rd?

Comment

i'm just saying it wasn't some huge upset in him beating cotto. I figured he would but I didn't think of a floyd/trout next.
                      Neither did I, but then you see his options are guerrero who basically have 2% chance in my book, and you go looking for more credible opponents.

I honestly rather see a jmm 2, more than guerrero, no lies.

Comment

Working...
                      X