No announcement yet.

Will Floyd ever fight Canelo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    I think Floyd will fight in September because Golden Boy said he would. Four months is more than enough time to prepare for a fight after Guerrero. Many assume his opponent in September will be Canelo but neither Golden Boy or team Mayweather has said the opponent would be Canelo. I think Canelo will fight a top ten contender or champion Trout on the Mayweather card. I don't think Mayweather will ever fight Canelo and I will be pleasantly surprised if he does fight Canelo.
    Given Canelos history, what makes you think he will face a top contender or Trout? I think Canelo will face another easy opponent (Mayorga, Maidana.etc) and the vile scumbags at the WBC will let him slide, AGAIN!

Comment

Also there is absolutely zero reason for him to duck an unproven Canelo. It is damn close to a cherry pick to me, but I know Canelo has skill.

The hope is that Canelo goes on to have a great career, but as of today he is unproven(Not completely all his fault). Well people like to play the "What if" game with Floyd's career at WW so I don't see the difference in clamoring for a Canelo fight. It is only a "what if" scenario as to if Canelo goes on to have a great career and beats the Trout's and Lara's of the world or if he falls flat on his face.

Comment

I think he will in Sep and prove Canelo is just a unproven hype job

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
          I understand some here are saying Canelo hasn't proven anything. But lets face some facts here. Canelo is the biggest fight Mayweather can take May 4, 2013 outside of Pacquiao. That fight would create the most buzz and Cash for "Money" Mayweather.

Mayweather goes after the Money fights, so why not make the biggest money fight possible? Does this not make sense? There's no reason the fight shouldn't happen. Canelo wants it, so make it happen, right?
          canela is unproven and unfortunately has a following

fighting canela is cherry picking for the easiest payday. according to floyd track record of course he want to make that easy money against canela. hes probably begging oscar & schafer for that match

truth of the matter those guiding canela career dont have any confidence in his abilities and are not willing to put him in with top guys at 154 lbs. if they did they would not be protecting him from the 154 lb division

what they want to do with canela is wait to match him up with floyd after he looks bad or just gets older

until then get ready to see canela in more matches vs 147, old marquee names (margarito / mayorga standby)

possibly cotto since he lost to trout

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
            canela is unproven and unfortunately has a following

fighting canela is cherry picking for the easiest payday. according to floyd track record of course he want to make that easy money against canela. hes probably begging oscar & schafer for that match

truth of the matter those guiding canela career dont have any confidence in his abilities and are not willing to put him in with top guys at 154 lbs. if they did they would not be protecting him from the 154 lb division

what they want to do with canela is wait to match him up with floyd after he looks bad or just gets older

until then get ready to see canela in more matches vs 147, old marquee names (margarito / mayorga standby)

possibly cotto since he lost to trout
            Who are the top guys at 154lb? Paul Williams? Kirkland? Cotto? Who the f do you want him to fight? Camelot is Floyd's biggest payday. It smells like a duck

Comment

If the fight does happen mayweather loses. Alvarez will pressure and keep him backing up. I don't think he stays on the ropes like he did with cotto and he doesn't seem to have the legs to box on the move for 12 rounds. I know alvarez is unproven but if takes floyds best and is unfazed it will be a long night for Floyd. ps to all Floyd fan boys I'm not hating its just an observation mainly from the cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Imatroll View Post
                Will the fight ever happen? Floyd's getting old and he doesn't have the hunger to challenge himself anymore. Floyd is content with fighting the guerrero's and Hattons.

What do you guys think?
                forgive if im thinking floyd is supposed to be one of the 5 best boxers on the planet and arguably the best american fighter along ward.

Then why is fighting Canelo seen as a challenge too much for Floyd? If SSm can fight canelo why cant floyd? if bh can fight uunbeaten p4p JC at 40 why is floyd such a charity case who needs protecting in cotton wool? The fact that he protects himself by not fighting much youd think that would be enouugh protection, but no?!?!

Retire then floyd is being unbeaten is all you ever wanted and youve achieved all u think u can

Comment

No Floyd will never fight him. It would be too much of risk for Floyd. He will not fight someone where there is a potential he could be beaten. His fans keep calling Ginger the hypejob and unproven but it doesn't mean that Floyd doesn't have eyes and can't see the speed, power and ability.

It is kind of similar to an outstanding prospect in football or basketball who is beating down the competition in college. The mental midgets on here would call that player a hypejob who is unproven. But the wise scout can see the potential and ability and project what he will do at the next level, and draft that player No 1. Floyd is that wise scout, that is why he is selective whom he fights.

I do think the Canelo-Trout fight will happen and will be a much more anticipated event than Guerrero-Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    Soooooo, what exactly has he proven??
                    So you are against a Cotto-Trout fight too then right? I mean after all Canelo hasnt proven himself and Trout has. Right? Is Trout cherrypicking?

Comment

if he does peoples heads will explode realizing everything they thought about mayweather is wrong. he supposed to be to scarred of fighters like that

Comment

Working...
                      X