Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people start saying Floyd is ducking the lineal MW champ you know he is great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    Why leave Manny out of it? Floyd put the roadblocks. Floyd's team was interviewed on many occasions stating that Floyd should avoid Manny.

Cotto vs Floyd, just like Floyd vs Manny had an expiry date on it. Once that date passed then it no longer is a risk.

Floyd had to fight Cotto prior to Cotto losing those wars.
    As i said both Manny and Floyd are to blame for that fight not happening,not going there

Cotto and Floyd could not be made until Cotto left Bob Arum and that is so damn obvious

Comment

Originally posted by adp02 View Post
      why leave manny out of it? Floyd put the roadblocks. Floyd's team was interviewed on many occasions stating that floyd should avoid manny.cotto vs floyd, just like floyd vs manny had an expiry date on it. Once that date passed then it no longer is a risk.

Floyd had to fight cotto prior to cotto losing those wars.
      just let that fight go brother, HE MENTIONED FLOYD AS ONE OF THE REASONS THE FIGHT DIDNT HAPPEN JUST LET IT GO

Comment

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
        just let that fight go brother
        exactly...im not even going into it about that fight

Comment

cotto had 2 loses coming unto the floyd fight
          Look, who doesn't like Cotto? It's the way that Cotto lost that changes things. Many thought he even lost to Clottey. The way he lost to Margarito and Manny was damaging in many ways.

Also, since then, Cotto beat fighters that he should have beat due to their handicaps. One was limping(Foreman), one was fighting with just one eye(Margarito) and the other was all bark no bite by that point in his career(Mayorga).

Once Cotto fought a decent fighter again, he lost (to Trout) .....

Comment

of course he was aware because him and floyd were never an option in the first place!

Wouldnt it make sense for this upcoming martinez fight to be at 154 so martinez could make a case? Martinez needs to fight andre ward, quillin, lara, direll, or someone around his weight class!

Canelo needs a least a decent name on his resume so the fight has more hype, he has yet to even fight a top 154lber yet

bradley is a top rank fighter....

So i ask, at ww where floyd is most comfortable and where he said he belongs, who should his next fight be against

emotions aside just answer it
            No it does not make sense for Martinez since he is the undisputed MW champion and there is no point in going down unless it is for a big money fight at his age. Just because he may be able to make 154 or even a little lower does not mean it would be particularly easy at his age, so he would only do it for a big fight. Lara is not a big fight at all. Martinez also wants a decent amount of time to lose the weight, so I don't know if he wants to invest that much time in losing it if the money is not guaranteed.

I'm fine with Floyd's fight with Guerrero, but definitely believe Martinez deserves a shot at Floyd before Canelo. Also, after Canelo who does Floyd fight?

Ward is moving up soon and has pretty much said a Martinez fight is not possible. Dirrell has not fought in a year and is currently irrelevant. Quillin could be an interesting match-up, but I don't think he is ready after seeing his fight against N'Jikam. He knocked him down 6 times, but could not finish the job and lost pretty much every round he did not get a knockdown in. He also doesn't bring in a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
              As i said both Manny and Floyd are to blame for that fight not happening,not going there

Cotto and Floyd could not be made until Cotto left Bob Arum and that is so damn obvious
              The point was that that Cotto was not the same Cotto. It was low risk, high reward(money). "Money" Floyd only cares about money so he was OK with that!

Comment

look, who doesn't like cotto? It's the way that cotto lost that changes things. Many thought he even lost to clottey. The way he lost to margarito and manny was damaging in many ways.

Also, since then, cotto beat fighters that he should have beat due to their handicaps. One was limping(foreman), one was fighting with just one eye(margarito) and the other was all bark no bite by that point in his career(mayorga).

Once cotto fought a decent fighter again, he lost (to trout) .....
                well i agree with you on some points but you said he lost to several fighters, it was actually 2 that he lost to, and we cannot forget that these ar professional fighters losing is a part of it but ur not saying much wrong!

Comment

Id just love if Floyd took on fighters he wasnt expected to toy with.

Comment

the point was that that cotto was not the same cotto. It was low risk, high reward(money). "money" floyd only cares about money so he was ok with that!
                    was floyd the same floyd? Lol jk

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
                      Did I say Mosley was getting better? No. I just said Mosley was performing at a high level when he signed to fight mayweather.
                      I didn't say you were. I was just pointing out that Mosley's performances were not as impressive as you made them out to be. There was also a big time gap in between the ones you mentioned and the fight with Floyd.

Comment

Working...
                      X