Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When people start saying Floyd is ducking the lineal MW champ you know he is great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
    doesnt martinez have a fight coming up already ??? How was floyd gonna chose him over guerrero if he has a fight lined up????? If martinez was even an option his upcoming fight would be at 154... Let it go man, at ww there is no one else to fight outside of the ghost... Bradley is top rank so forget about it... I myself dont like it but its reality
    If Floyd had offered him the fight I'm pretty sure Martinez would have taken it. I'm sure Martinez was aware he was not getting the May bout against Mayweather when he made his decision to fight in April in Argentina.

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
      If Floyd had offered him the fight I'm pretty sure Martinez would have taken it. I'm sure Martinez was aware he was not getting the May bout against Mayweather when he made his decision to fight in April in Argentina.
      Wasnt Martinez injured and had to have knee surgery man???you think he could have done that and gotten down to 154 in a healthy manner by May??ya'll are really reaching here

Comment

Originally posted by adp02 View Post
        man oh man, you floyd fans will never ever get it.

it's not because they weigh more its because of who is out there that possess the risk. Floyd avoids the risks especially now that he is trying to preserve his precious "0" losses.

Manny possessed a risk so people wanted to see that. Martinez also possesses risks because of his talents.

Floyd fighting cotto after cotto has been in so many wars and lost was not made because of the risk factor. It was due to the money factor. Prior to making the fight, even floyd thought that cotto was a flat-footed fighter that even lost to clottey in the eyes of many. Only after the contract is signed does floyd boost cotto as an undefeated fighter. Of course, floyd fans ate it all up because floyd said it.

The klitschko brothers have had very few risks recently because their division is so weak. So fighting a top hw contender does not mean its a huge risk factor. Similarly, beating even a ww champ that is named baldomir falls into that category ..... But we all know that you are a floyd fan that is trying to convince us that beating baldomir was an awesome feat ..... Lol!

cotto, lost to several fighters prior to facing floyd and also lost after that to trout. What are you trying to prove again? Lol!
        cotto had 2 loses coming unto the floyd fight

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
          If Floyd wants to move to 160 and fight for the lineal title then that is cool,id love it..but he is not obligated to do it and at 154 it is pointless and means nothing
          Nobody's obligated to fight anyone technically. It's a fight simply that could be the last big money option for Floyd when it comes down to it. There's only so many Robert Guerreros, Victor Ortiz's, Andre Berto's to throw around. The next big money fight outside a Canelo fight is with Martinez, and it would have to be at least at a 157-158 catchweight (which IMO is very doable for Martinez). Floyd saw his biggest payday go to waste. Fights with both Canelo and Martinez financially won't match up to what he could've made, but he'll still make big money and will get a lot of credit beating both these guys (IMO) to where not fighting Pac won't be as big a thorn in Mayweather's resume.
          Last edited by RL_GMA; 12-26-2012, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RL_GMA View Post
            Nobody's obligated to fight anyone technically. It's a fight simply that could be the last big money option for Floyd when it comes down to it. There's only so many Robert Guerreros, Victor Ortiz's, Andre Berto's to throw around. The next big money fight outside a Canelo fight is with Martinez, and it would have to be at least at a 157-158 catchweight (which IMO is very doable for Martinez). Floyd saw his biggest payday go to waste, fights with both Canelo and Martinez financially won't match up to what he could've made, but he'll still make big money and will get a lot of credit beating both these guys (IMO).
            i think this will be floyds last year fighting..Robert in May then Canelo in Sept.....

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire26 View Post
              It looked like a great win at the time, but that was likely only because Margarito had been cheating. He got caught before the Mosley fight, so I do have to seriously question just how effective Margarito was without the plaster.

The Mayweather fight was 2.5 years after the Cotto fight, so Mosley was getting older as that time passed. Even the Mayweather fight was over a year after the Margarito win. He was not getting better with age as someone like Martinez seemingly has. His performance against Mayorga before the Margarito fight also wan't too impressive.
              Did I say Mosley was getting better? No. I just said Mosley was performing at a high level when he signed to fight mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by rapidfire26 View Post
                if floyd had offered him the fight i'm pretty sure martinez would have taken it. I'm sure martinez was aware he was not getting the may bout against mayweather when he made his decision to fight in april in argentina.
                of course he was aware because him and floyd were never an option in the first place!

Wouldnt it make sense for this upcoming martinez fight to be at 154 so martinez could make a case? Martinez needs to fight andre ward, quillin, lara, direll, or someone around his weight class!

Canelo needs a least a decent name on his resume so the fight has more hype, he has yet to even fight a top 154lber yet

bradley is a top rank fighter....

So i ask, at ww where floyd is most comfortable and where he said he belongs, who should his next fight be against

emotions aside just answer it

Comment

lmfao that a funny sig should have increased the speed to it though

Comment

Manny and Floyd fight did not happen for manny reasons from drug testing to stadiums being built to ppv splits so lets leave that alone.....and people said floyd was ducking cotto until he beat cotto now it is a cherry pick..Martinez is a middleweight and floyd is not obligated to fight him..if he does then it is a treat for the fans
                    Why leave Manny out of it? Floyd put the roadblocks. Floyd's team was interviewed on many occasions stating that Floyd should avoid Manny.

Cotto vs Floyd, just like Floyd vs Manny had an expiry date on it. Once that date passed then it no longer is a risk.

Floyd had to fight Cotto prior to Cotto losing those wars.

Comment

Wasnt Martinez injured and had to have knee surgery man???you think he could have done that and gotten down to 154 in a healthy manner by May??ya'll are really reaching here
                      Probably not, but he may have tried. Thank you for pointing that out even though I usually disagree with you. I do think he would definitely take the September fight though if he is offered it.

Comment

Working...
                      X