• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Berto is an elite beast"

"Margarito's resume is weak"

"Morales is a bum"

"Barrrera is overrated"

Gee, I wonder why TS says Berto is a beast but Margarito, Morales and Barrera are overrated bums. Can anyone tell me?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Bro, admit it, Margarito cherrypicked Shane Mosley.

It was a double duck, let's not change history now and make Margarito look like the big bad wolf. De La Hoya ducked Margarito to fight Pacquiao, and Pacquiao pummeled a weightdrained DLH. Margarito ducked Williams and picked on an old Shane Mosley, and in return got destroyed by Shane.

Paul Williams, who beat Margarito already, was calling out Margarito for an early 2009 showdown right after Margarito was on top of the world coming off the Cotto win. Nobody was fearing him like people say, Mosley and Williams wanted him. Only DLH didn't want him, and Margs wanted no part of Williams. He clearly and blatantly ducked him to fight an old Shane Mosley. Yes, Shane was old, 38 years old is old for an athlete. Floyd was old too at 34. Margarito was 31 when he was pummeled by an old Shane Mosley.

Hopkins is old.
      Martinez is old.
      Marquez is old.
      Vitali and Wlad are old.
      Mayweather is old.

Does this mean that a win over them means nothing? No, they are great old fighters. It just means what it means, that they are old. And Margarito lost to an old Shane Mosley, who was a very good old fighter at the time, but still old.
      I never denied he cherry picked him. I said he was already defeated before fighting in the ring against Mosley.

Margarito did duck Williams to fight Shane and Williams ducked a Margarito match as well. They BOTH ducked each other so I guess it was just a taste of his own medicine.

Now you're going with the age. Doesn't matter how old, Floyd fought Shane when he was old and INACTIVE. No way to sugar coat it son.

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=575925

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Margarito was SUPPOSED to beat Williams, he was favored, but he got upset and got his WBO taken from him.

Sorry but Margarito's first good round was round 5. Williams then won round 6 right after Margarito won his first round. That is already 5 rounds to 1. Williams won 2 more rounds after this, especially round 12.

Please guys, you are not talking to some 2011-2012 new boxing fan here, stop trying to change history or what happened. Margarito was the favorite coming in and was outworked by and upset by Paul Williams. Go back and watch the fight.
          Since you know history, you do know he could of fought Cotto for much more money but instead took the fight with Williams even when threatened to be sued by Arum. Since you hate Arum so much, Margarito had the balls to tell Arum to shove it. Margarito lost the fight to Williams but it wasn't clearly, it was a close fight thanks to Williams controlling the first half and Margarito the 2nd half of the fight.

Comment

What a loser!! Just as funny as threatening 50Cents cause he dissed Floyd in their fake fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
              "Berto is an elite beast"

"Margarito's resume is weak"

"Morales is a bum"

"Barrrera is overrated"

Gee, I wonder why TS says Berto is a beast but Margarito, Morales and Barrera are overrated bums. Can anyone tell me?

Comment

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

Comment

Scaring the ***** out of Froid is good enough for me.

Comment

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by Jack Napier
                    you again? :laugh:
                    we went over this in detail yesterday
                    Tony was frozen outta the big dance at WW
                    unified champs Spinks, Mayorga, and Judah weren't gonna fight him
                    he had to get his by beating the lesser known contenders at WW
                    no one said these guys were the cream of the crop
                    they were just ranked guys Tony wrecked en route to bigger things

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                    This. You can pretty much close the books on this one. I thought the same thing, too. Since Tony had the reputation of being the most avoided fighter, wouldn't it be hard to get fights?
                    But see fellas this is what i dont get. Tony doesnt fight the big boys in ww for whatever reason and he's considered "avoided", but nasseem (some say), hatton(140), cotto(140,147), Mosley(late 90's to 2010), frietas (early 2000's), lascano (early 2000's), cassamayor (2000's), pacquiao( 2009-10), didnt want to fight floyd at times when they could have and yet floyd gets the blame for the fights not happening and labeled "ducker" but not "avoided"? why is that?

Comment

Come on now fellas, floyd ducked margarito, im not a margarito fan but this is as clear as day,

Comment

Working...
                      X