Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lennox Lewis is one of the most underrated champions of all times. Shame shame shame.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
    Is your name George Foreman by any chance?
    He was dreadful that fight. Biggest cheerleader ever. Merchant checked him a couple times though. Foreman didn't concede until about the 9th round .

Comment

Anyone that has him outside the top 10 is ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        Agreed. And I agree with the late Manny Steward; at his best, Lewis could beat any heavyweight from any era. I watched about 6-7 of his fights again the other night and he was the total package, aside from a sometimes-iffy chin. Great ring general with the tools to implement any gameplan. An ATG jab. Great power, size and strength. Threw beautiful combinations to the head and body with force. And one overlooked attribute was his willingness to dig deep and engage in a war when needed.

It's sad but looking at that era, the contenders were world's better than they are today, and they weren't exactly amazing. But a motivated Ray Mercer could have ran through this era. Heck, a 41yr old Mercer bruised up Wlad's eye with that jab pretty bad. And he barely landed and was beyond shot. Anyway, Lewis was and is underrated but in my opinion is a top 10 heavyweight of all-time.
        Could not agree more with this.

Give me Lewis on his best day over any HW in history.

He wasn't as consistent as others which is why I'm NOT saying he's the best HW of all time, but he's definitely top 10, and in form there's no one he couldn't beat.

Comment

don't where to rank him exactly
          Lewis gone from underrated, to properly rated, to overrated
          the dearth of the HW era after Lewis has had a funny effect on his rep
          at first, him retiring and no one stepping up got him more respect
          people rated his dominance in hindsight and saw he was a great champ
          but as the Klits kept dominating, Lewis has actually become overrated
          he beat everybody around, won lineal title, and unified the titles
          give Lewis respect, but the next era being stale boosts him up too much

Comment

You have to remember Tyson was already a world champion 2-3 years before Lewis even had a pro fight.
            Tyson's peak was relatively short as well. I think timing had a lot to do with it.

Comment

Lewis an underdog against Golota Don't know where you get that from.

He was underrated throughout his career, but not now.

Comment

In before "The Facts" :chuckle9:

Poet

Comment

I think they both ducked each other at one point. Lewis at one point I think thought he wasn't ready for Tyson. You have to remember Tyson was peaking when Lewis was still green.
                  lewis was green, but was still higher risk-lower reward for tyson, than seldon and holyfield was...the ten to 13 million offer though speaks volumes about mike's willingness to fight him right off the bat though...by the time they fought, mike had been ko'd by holy, had irs troubles, and lewis was a complete fighter, but still needed a win on mike to secure his legacy...

Comment

Dont get me wrong I'm not saying no one on earth tabbed him to win I'm just saying he wasn't the overwelming favorite like the op was making it seem. Nor was he the favorite at all.

The odds, which opened two months ago favoring Lewis, 9-5, had dropped to 6-5 on the day of the fight.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...,d.dmQ&cad=rja

He should of fought tyson the first time I think it would of been an easier fight then Mercer who kicked his butt in my opinion.

He was a big under dog. Get over yourself. Do you want me to link quotes?
                    I will.

Odds don't mean much. Lennox was ONLY a 8-5 favorite over Tyson. I guess that means it was actually a 'close toss up' fight right. Lmao.

How am I exposing myself when Golota was tabbed to knock him the hell out. You educate yourself.
                    Hilarious predications of Andrew Golota vs Lennox Lewis done by boxing analysts

Pre Fight 'predication'

"Golota will turn the fight into a war. he can take a shot. Lewis will try to keep his distance but won't be able to for long. Golota KO" - Robert Seltzer, El Paso Times.

"Golota will put too much pressure on Lewis, who will make the mistake of slugging it out with him." - Steve Sneddon, Gannet News Service

My personal favorite
                    "Golota in two rounds - no contest. I think Lewis talks, but can't back it up with the the walk. Golota will absolutely be too much for him." - Dan Hirshberg, The Trentonian

"Golota will finish off Lewis." - Anthony Gargano, New York Post

"It'll be close through four, and then Golota hits and hurts Lewis in the fifth with a booming right. He then proceeds to wear Lewis down for a ninth-round win." - Chris Thorne, Newark Star-Ledger

Stay educated. Lennox's 6-5 favorite? That's a toss up fight. According to Bookie Odds. Did you know Bookies had Joe Louis as a favorite against Rocky Marciano? Odds don't mean ****.
                    Most insiders were picking GOlota to fuking Flatten Lewis.
                    Even if Lewis was honestly a 50-50 bet.. Won't you still consider a 50-50 fight that ended in one round impressive?
                    Let's say we go by the odds and it's 6-5 Lewis. Round 1 Ko? That's impressive no? So EVEN if Lewis was a 50-50 going into the fight (which he wasn't, not by boxing experts) a first round KO is STILL impressive.
                    Hating feels so good. It is a big part of the reason Lennox is rich and successful even to this day.
                    Holyfield-Broke
                    Bowe-Broke
                    Tyson- begging Hollywood for dimes.
                    Lennox Lewis?
                    Over 90 Million Euros..
                    Intelligence-it's not a gift. It's a trait.
                    Last edited by UnicornGirl; 12-24-2012, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Beating the walking corpse of Mike Tyson and taking 8 rounds to do so doesn't mean anything. Especially when Mike stopped throwing punches at that point was actually looking to get KOed so he could get out of there with his check.

Golota vs Lewis was a fiasco. Golota was suffering from local anesthetic toxicity and was clearly unprepared to fight.

Most of Lewis' opponents were either Tyson left overs, washed up guys, or drug addicts. The first time he fought a live opponent in years he was scared into retirement.

Comment

Working...
                      X