• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HBO should hire Angel as Larry Merchant's replacement. LOL

Comment

Why should lucas fight Khan?

Khan is nothing, a nobody.

Garcia holds the title, that lucas is the mandatory challenger for .

Garcia has had a gimme vs morales (that Khan would have got MASSIVE **** for btw )

And is now fighting judah for some unknown reason.

After that one, it's time to prove he deserves that belt, by fighting the man wwho earned his shot

Comment

Originally posted by mmainukraine View Post
        Mainly because this is the best way that he can succeed. And because he trains with Virgil Hunter to work on his defense. Actually let me re-phrase my earlier statement. Maybe he will not be a clear counter puncher but if he will work on this defense to the point where he is hard to hit (and that is very achievable with his speed) his jaw won't play that much of a factor. With his speed and improved defense I think that he can take Garcia no problem.
        Khan didn't show any improved defense in his last fight, in fact he pretty much looked the same with the exception of him stepping off after throwing a few punches and then moved and reset. The funny thing is that Khan was getting tagged frequently (I believe Molinas connect % was 28% iirc) by a guy with midget arms, and Molina didn't have the power to hurt Khan - it actually would have been the perfect opponent for him to use his old style of throwing a bazzillion punches and hoping atleast a third landed and could have probably gotten a legit KO. I understand Virgil is trying to teach him patience and they haven't been training together but for a minute, but so far as I can tell Khans defense was no better then it was before... he just got hit by a guy with no real power and it had no affect of Khan. Against Molina he actually stepped off at times when he would have done better to actually stand in try to take him out.

I say that as soon as Khan gets back in with the 'big boys', it's night night time. Interestingly enough in his win against Molina he actually admitted to 'sticking to the game plan'. Pretty much admitting to everyone else BESIDES himself **he just doesn't get it)) that he was doing whatever he felt like and not following the game plans he was given while he was with Roach.

Yep. Once Khan gets hit with a doozy, he'll revert back to his old ways (that he still has only they're more patient old ways now lol). I will say however, the proof is in the puddin, and if Khan were to pull some miracle rabbit out of the proverbial hat and actually KO Danny Garcia, then i will give him his just deserves. I just don't believe he can change (and stay with the game plan) when the **** hits the fan. Danny WILL hit him, but what does Khan do differently after that is the million dollar question. Khan might be more patient in the first half of the fight, making it harder for Garcia to catch him - but eventually Garcia will stalk Khan long enough to catch up to him and tire him out by hitting him to the body and then it's same game, different night. IMO, of course.

If Khan was smart, since he's just starting to learn under Hunter - he would take on a few more fights like the Molina fight to get used to practicing a new style. It's too soon for him to take on these hard hitters at this stage in the game. He needs two or three more Molinas before he should even be thinking of stepping back up to the 'big boys'.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          I didn't realize it until I saw Khan's record, but damn, Khan hasn't really had a decent KO or KD in a while. Salitas was probably the only one in a 4 year period. Barrera was stopped on cuts, which has more to do with Khan's hand speed than power. Malignaggi was one of those being outclassed type of stoppages, but he wasn't dropped. He got Maidana with a good body shot, but anyone can go down if hit in the right spot and isn't necessarily indicative of power. McCloskey was a crap cut stoppage. Judah was a weird body shot/low blow/quittage KO. The Peterson KD was bull**** and should have been ruled a slip. And he couldn't drop a blown up lightweight in Molina.
          The Barrera stoppage was nothing to do with hand speed, try head speed, was a headbutt that caused the cut and dodgy officiating that let it go long enough to not trigger a no contest, and yep Khan has zero pop, instead he has fluster power.

Comment

Khan can beat dude if he wears an old british knights helmet, together with a plume, shield and lance to poke and keep ol sleep fists away...second thoughts a horse and armour too!!!

Comment

lets have this right, in ye days of olde...there were no english pakistanis in this country.
              secondly, he would still lose because hes ****.

Comment

GBP is trying to groom Garcia to fight Floyd next

No way he fights anyone worth a damn until then

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
                  lets have this right, in ye days of olde...there were no english pakistanis in this country.
                  secondly, he would still lose because hes ****.
                  And the king of england would ave him thrown in the tower for bringing shame upon the nation

Comment

Khan would have get a rematch with Zab, cause Danny will be knocked out February9th

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      The Peterson KD was bull**** and should have been ruled a slip.
                      Weren't there two kd's? I can't really remember, but Khan's power is not great.

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                      I believe Khan has the ability to run all night long and pitter pat his way to a wideddecision, garcia is not a mobile fighter and needs you to stand in ffront of him.
                      I agree, but he needs to get the fcuk out of the pocket after he throws a combo. No one can cope with his handspeed but he stays in there too long and gets countered.

Comment

Working...
                      X