Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Best Fight in Boxing is a Blown Up Welterweight vs a 38yr Old MW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    Martinez is not an "undersized" middleweight. He walks around at 180 pounds and has not fought at 154 in years. If he could make the weight easily he would still be in that division.
    You realize...almost every fighter walks around at a significantly higher weight than they fight at? 180 is actually kind of low for a middle weight...

Hell...look at Brandon Rios... Chavez Jr, etc etc. There's welters walking around that weight. Not everybody is Bernard or Floyd who walk around at near their fighting weight.
    Last edited by NearHypnos; 12-23-2012, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldSugar View Post
      I agree with that. Martinez should actually move down and try a fight before looking for the Floyd fight.
      not really, he's he middleweight champion he doesnt have to put up with mayweathers cherry picking
      do you honestly think mayweather will ever fight martinez even if he campaigns at 154? the guy didnt even fought pacman who was more beatable for floyd imo

Comment

Hell yes it's the best fight in boxing. It's a hell of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          There are some weird Floyd fans & Pacman fans alive. I personally love when the fighters I support go after the greatest challenges.
          Well, that would be normal for a boxing fan and we all know they definitely aren't normal boxing fans.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldie View Post
            No, you just lack the brains to understand the politics of each situation.
            Please explain to me the politics of each situation. I would love the read the network of excuses you conjure up.

Floyd already avoided Pacquiao. Sure, Pacquiao didn't help the situation, but once Pacquiao offered to take less than half and Mayweather still refused, it become pretty obvious who was ducking. The majority of Mayweather fans eventually saw the truth; you are part of the dumb minority who can't piece together what's right before your eyes.

I'm not saying Floyd isn't a great fighter. I'm just saying he is a great fighter and a coward in equal measure.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
              You realize...almost every fighter walks around at a significantly higher weight than they fight at? 180 is actually kind of low for a middle weight...

Hell...look at Brandon Rios... Chavez Jr, etc etc. There's welters walking around that weight. Not everybody is Bernard or Floyd who walk around at near their fighting weight.
              Doesn't make any difference. Martinez is not an "undersized" Middleweight which was my point.

Those who are not blowing up between fights are the fighters who should be considered "undersized" if you're going to call it that.

A 5-10 160 pound middleweight is not small for the division no matter how you look at it.
              Last edited by joseph5620; 12-23-2012, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I doubt Floyd will take the fight with Sergio at 154 because it does nothing for him. To beat Sergio at 154 will leave too many excuses out there. I think he is reluctant to take a fight where someone has to move DOWN to fight him. Just like he mentioned that he thought ward should have moved up to take Dawson's strap. He believes the proper way to do it is to move up to someone's weight class and beat them where they are comfortable. As he did with de la hoya and cotto. I think he would fight Sergio at 160 but he prolly isn't sure he will carry the weight well. So seeing that they are really 2 weight classes apart, it is better not make the fight. Floyd couldn't even make the 154 pound limit so it's clear he is not a jr mdl weight.

Comment

Originally posted by The904star View Post
                  I doubt Floyd will take the fight with Sergio at 154 because it does nothing for him. To beat Sergio at 154 will leave too many excuses out there. I think he is reluctant to take a fight where someone has to move DOWN to fight him. Just like he mentioned that he thought ward should have moved up to take Dawson's strap. He believes the proper way to do it is to move up to someone's weight class and beat them where they are comfortable. As he did with de la hoya and cotto. I think he would fight Sergio at 160 but he prolly isn't sure he will carry the weight well. So seeing that they are really 2 weight classes apart, it is better not make the fight. Floyd couldn't even make the 154 pound limit so it's clear he is not a jr mdl weight.
                  Sure, beating Martinez does nothing for him, but ginger & the Ghost do more,lol.

Also did he (move up to fight Marquez)?? LOL!!

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                    not really, he's he middleweight champion he doesnt have to put up with mayweathers cherry picking
                    do you honestly think mayweather will ever fight martinez even if he campaigns at 154? the guy didnt even fought pacman who was more beatable for floyd imo
                    Why wouldn't Floyd fight him. He fights everyone else coming off of big wins.

Comment

Martinez is not a JMW. He hasn't been one for the past 8 fights now. Time to move on NSB. This is getting pathetic.

Anyone who says this is the best fight boxing right now is an idiot. Floyd at 160? Get real.

Martinez at 154 is even more far fetched.

Comment

Working...
                      X