Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the excuses are to duck martinez now..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's just a joke that people continue to have mayweather at #1? for doing what? being on vacation? he had one fight this year against cotto who hadn't really done **** at jr mw to begin with (only reason he was #1 was because of his name).. and on top of that mayweather didn't look spectacular in beating him. and before cotto he fought ortiz and won that fight by sucker punch....real #1 p4p fighter should be someone like andre ward. ward's win against froch >>> cotto, ortiz and old mosley ..

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
      "Floyd mayweather fights for Floyd mayweather... Look at the Ali situation, if Ali could take it back.. He shouldn't have taken the fights the fans pushed him to (the ones he lost). Floyd Mayweather won't be pushed into fights he doesn't want ... Without Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather is fine."

Reading this quote shows why Ali is considered one of the greatest ever and Floyd will never be in that same league. Not only did the GOAT take fights his fans wanted, he won them (Mayweather seems to be off beat yet again). His only legit loss came to a truly great Frazier.
      Floyd IS in the same league. The same sort of people as you were saying Ali would never be the greatest despite him talking so much. People of his generation hated Ali, booed him, trying to downplay his accomplishments and exaggerate his flaws. Same as you. Floyd is in that special league but the fighters who wish were there AREN'T. That makes you make and makes you want to spread lies like Floyd ducked him and him. Floyd at this point is 36 years old. He's in for the money but he admits it. I'm sorry if he's not in for taking punches to the head for your sadistic pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
        it's just a joke that people continue to have mayweather at #1? for doing what? being on vacation? he had one fight this year against cotto who hadn't really done **** at jr mw to begin with (only reason he was #1 was because of his name).. and on top of that mayweather didn't look spectacular in beating him. and before cotto he fought ortiz and won that fight by sucker punch....real #1 p4p fighter should be someone like andre ward. ward's win against froch >>> cotto, ortiz and old mosley ..
        Lol beating the #3 SMW is better than beating the #1 welter and the #1 Junior middleweight?

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          floyd claimes he is great, but what great fighter has he defeated?

hell has he ever defeated a fighter in his prime?

All I see here are excuses from guys like larry

Prime Kosta, Mosley, Margo, Cotto, Pacman and martinez

excuses to why he has ducked them, it is pathetic

he ducked pac but can save his legacy by taking out martinex at 154...yet all we hear are excuses
          the only thing that could make me happier than Martinez vs floyd match being signed

would be Martinez plank-quiaoing floyd (see the sig)

but i dont agree floyd ducked pac. pac was an easy fight for floyd and pac was never floyds rival. pacs rival was Marquez and he got destroyed by his daddy.

pacfans and maybe even pac himself thought that floyd was his rival. pac and his fans should have been concerned with their daddy Marquez right hand and just maybe he would not be napping right now

floyd eventually fought Cotto but he should have fought him before and he should have fought margacheato in 2008 as well but the pac fight never happening was the best thing that happened to a floyd haters like myself

pac is an easy payday for floyd but since casual fans and pacfans believed he had a shot; floyd would have been showered with glory, credit for being the top dog and as a hater and knowing that pac was easy for him that is the last think i wanted to see happen

besides that pac didnt want to take random drug test just like he didnt want to take random drug test against Marquez III fight and plus they had to get permits approved and then finish building this super stadium for a match with floyd that was never gonna happen

Comment

Originally posted by Davis40 View Post
            Here's Floyd's number one butt boy frank lovedixs. He thinks Mayweather just knocked Pac out. Do you believe that Marquez losing to Mayweather and knocking out Pac means Mayweather beats pac? Obviously you do but if you followed the sport for anything other then pounding your 2 incher to mayweather fights you would know there are tons of examples that prove you wrong and you wouldn't even bring it up.
            STFU, lmao. Don't ever talk boxing with me mother****er. Pacquiao a.k.a your hero and wack off partner GOT KNOCKED THE **** OUT, and your time as a fan of this sport is up mother****er. Did you spray your man love on your bear skin rug, or cry when you saw Pac bent over , and then laying on his stomach knocked the **** out face first, lmao! Did you piss on your 19 inch black and white, lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan_123 View Post
              Styles make fights but when their careers are over and when it comes to being ranked in greatness it will probably be the other way around there is no way Floyd will be ranked higher than Pac just because he beat Marquez. Ali, Leonard, Duran have losses being undefeated doesn't make you great.
              Man, you Pac farts are out of boxing. I don't talk boxing with you mother****ers anymore. Goodbye lol!

Comment

If youdon't like Floyd hen don't watch him; it's that simple never seen so many who hate someone follow his every move

Comment

Goodbye Pacquiao fans, it's been real, lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                    "Floyd mayweather fights for Floyd mayweather... Look at the Ali situation, if Ali could take it back.. He shouldn't have taken the fights the fans pushed him to (the ones he lost). Floyd Mayweather won't be pushed into fights he doesn't want ... Without Pacquiao, Floyd Mayweather is fine."

Reading this quote shows why Ali is considered one of the greatest ever and Floyd will never be in that same league. Not only did the GOAT take fights his fans wanted, he won them (Mayweather seems to be off beat yet again). His only legit loss came to a truly great Frazier.
                    I'm not Ali, but I'd bet that he woukld trade the fake "love" that fans like you have claim to have for him, for the ability to speak and take care of himself. The reality is that most boxing fans are selfish and couldn't care less about these fighters as people or human beings. You only care about yourselves and being entertained. I don't fault Mayweather for not caring about "fans" like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      Floyd fans want to see him fight the unproven ginger. Snatch the title & run into retirement without facing Martinez. Then they're gonna complain when he gets no props. Same crap, different day.
                      Actually people are now saying that Floyd is ducking Canelo.

Haters need to get together and try to agree on who Floyd is ducking otherwise it's counterproductive.

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                      well, when you are the face of boxing, and the undisputed cash cow, ppl, especially paying customers, have a right to expect the biggest events from you, especially when you fight once a year or two...

hey, if oscar de la hoya, the former cash cow, and also started out @ 135, can challenge and fight bernard hopkins, for the middleweight title @ 160, i don't see why floyd mayweather jr., can't do the same, with sergio martinez @ 160...he's a better skilled guy than oscar imo...
                      Do you know how ironic this is for a Hagler fan to ask a fighter to move up to prove himself?
                      Last edited by Light_Speed; 12-23-2012, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X