Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Explain why Sergio Martinez vs floyd mayweather at 160 doesnt make sense?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sergio should meet in the middle at 154.

Other than that Mayweather has no excuse.

At 160 is giving too much headway to Sergio.

Sergio was willing to come down to 154 to fight Floyd so I don't see the problem.

It's up to Mayweather.

It would be a defining legacy that if he should win would almost immediately shut up a lot of haters and cement his ATG status.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
      Sergio should meet in the middle at 154.

Sergio was willing to come down to 154 to fight Floyd so I don't see the problem.

It's up to Mayweather.

It would be a defining legacy that if he should win would almost immediately shut up a lot of haters.

I agree with this. All the more if its 160 where being weight drain wont be an issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by GUEVARA View Post
        [/U][/B]

I agree with this. All the more if its 160 where being weight drain wont be an issue.
        I don't agree with 160.

Sergio has expressed willingness to move down to 154 to make the fight happen.

Floyd doesn't want to give Sergio huge weight advantage if he doesn't have to.

Floyd SHOULD call out Sergio's claim that he'd go to 154 to get Floyd and the fight SHOULD happen.

Will it happen? I doubt it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post

It's up to Mayweather.

It would be a defining legacy that if he should win would almost immediately shut up a lot of haters and cement his ATG status.

If Floyd continues to campaign at 54, then SM at 54 is a legit proposition. 160 is just trolling. That said it may backfire on SM at 54. He hasn't made that weight in some time now.

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook View Post
            If Floyd continues to campaign at 54, then SM at 54 is a legit proposition. 160 is just trolling. That said it may backfire on SM at 54. He hasn't made that weight in some time now.
            I don't know whether it will or not, but Sergio says he can do it.

So I trust him if he says he can, then he can.

Comment

• Ole Strugg in rare form. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by check hook
                Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePunchingBag

It's up to Mayweather.

apparently, Floyd fights opponents at their best weight, according to his flock. I say do 160 since they love to say skills win fights , not size.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                  apparently, Floyd fights opponents at their best weight, according to his flock. I say do 160 since they love to say skills win fights , not size.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                  He didn't do that with Marquez, so...

Comment

• Ol I want Floyd to lose so bad cause my baby got killed by JMM

Comment

• going to 160 and try to be a superhero just to pleased the fans won't be good. if floyd wanted it then great, but if he doesn't. its no big deal to me too. guerrero fight is the stupid one and waste of time. waste of whatever that is left in him. its a shame fight. taking vacation for a year and comeback to a mediocre fight. and calling yourself the best eh? canelo or sergio at 154 is all good

Comment

Working...
                      X