No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. Guerrero is Close To Done For May 4th

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
    Nobody doubted for a second that Floyd would duck Canelo.
    Idk if you're trolling us at this point. But how in the world does this mean he's ducking Canelo?

Comment

Originally posted by nj_evoixgsr View Post
      And so it goes on, *****s saying this is a LEGIT fighter. Who in their right mind says he's a legit threat? STREAMING IT! VIVA MEXICO - Floyd needs you mexicans to sell his PPV!
      still waiting for one of you morons to tell me who a legit opponent for floyd is. and dont say anyone thats on top rank

Comment

Congrats to Guerrero. Hope he works hard and makes the most of this opportunity.

May the best man win.

Comment

How do some of you not like this fight? This is ending in DQ and hilariously.

Comment

Originally posted by r3robinson View Post
            To funny I called it. His cherry picking is becoming more predictable.
            Who should he fight?

Comment

Originally posted by J The UnBiased View Post
              Is it that he can't sale, or he realizes the Hispanic demographic's support of PPV events and he wants to maximize all profitable outcomes? Smart salesmanship if you ask me.
              Are you really trying to say Floyd cant sell fights? Your kidding right? True Mexicans buy PPVs but if what you are suggesting is true than why do more people watch Mayweather PPV than watching Canelo fight for free? LMAO ya 1.5 mil payed to watch Canelo vs Mosley.

Comment

Floyd from Dec. 2011:
                BT: I was going to ask you about some of those names that you just mentioned. There's been a lot of speculation as to who you might actually face on May 5th, assuming it's not Pacquiao. Names like Robert "The Ghost" Guerrero...

Floyd Mayweather: (Cutting in) I don't even know who "The Ghost" is. I don't even know who that dude Guerrero is. That didn't come from me. I'm not trying to fight Guerrero. I fought a southpaw; I fought Ortiz. Ortiz was a tune-up preparing me for Pacquiao because I thought that the fight was going to happen and that's the fight that I want to give to the world.

BT: Miguel Cotto and Saul "Canelo" Alvarez were also names rumored to be in the mix with Guerrero to get the opportunity. Have you actually considered any of those names?

FM: Like I said before, I recently heard about this guy, Guerrero "The Ghost", whatever, I wish him nothing but the best, but I'm not fighting no Guerrero "The Ghost" because I don't even know who he is. If I did have to fight Cotto, they're going to say I'm fighting Pacquiao's leftovers. I'm not saying Cotto is not a good fighter or he's not solid. To me, I think he's talented.

So wins against an exposed Berto and Aydin make him a worthy opponent now?
                Last edited by QballLobo; 12-21-2012, 04:10 PM. Reason: added another quote

Comment

Floyd must believe after his sentence and time off that he needs a tune up. That's the only explanation for this atrocious, one sided fight.

Comment

.... yo, this just might be that fight where mayweather loses that 0 .... oh man oh man oh man. i'm going to have to be in AC for this one and drop a stack on guerrero.

Comment

not really interested.....would be shocking if guerrero were to win this though. but i highly doubt we get an upset...and most likely canelo fights marcos maidana or angulo...angulo didn't look too spectacular in his last fight so canelo might pick angulo now.
                      Last edited by Bermuda; 12-21-2012, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X