No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For:Team Canelo on Facing Mayweather, Having a Plan B

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
    Remember this: MAYWEATHER IS ALL ABOUT MONEY..... WON'T FIGHT CANELO BUT.... BECAUSE MAYWEATHER KNOWS CANELO WILL DRAW ALOT OF PPV BUYS DUE TO CINCO DE MAYO.. MAYWEATHER WILL MAKE SURE CANELO IS ON THE UNDERCARD CO-MAIN EVENT... AND MAYWEATHER WILL CHOOSE THE EASY FIGHT WITH GUERRERO... AND WHEN THE PPV MONEY COMES IN MAYWEATHER WILL SAY "PEOPLE PAID TO SEE ME, NOT TO SEE CANELO"... Which everyone knows will be the opposite... So I hope canelo turns down the offer to be the co-main event and have his own PPV MAIN EVENT!! even if it's not against Mayweather... CANELO is better entertainment than Mayweather fighting his cherry pick opponent... ( MAYWEATHER TOO SCARED TO FACE CANELO) .... and yes I AM A HUGE MAYWEATHER FAN, AND A HUGE CANELO FAN.. BUT FACTS ARE FACTS... MAYWEATHER JUST CARES ABOUT EASY MONEY, SO THAT MEANS EASY FIGHTS ONLY!
    I was with you up to here! They are both cherry pickers!

Comment

Originally Posted by keyz3r0
      Remember this: MAYWEATHER IS ALL ABOUT MONEY..... WON'T FIGHT CANELO BUT.... BECAUSE MAYWEATHER KNOWS CANELO WILL DRAW ALOT OF PPV BUYS DUE TO CINCO DE MAYO.. MAYWEATHER WILL MAKE SURE CANELO IS ON THE UNDERCARD CO-MAIN EVENT... AND MAYWEATHER WILL CHOOSE THE EASY FIGHT WITH GUERRERO... AND WHEN THE PPV MONEY COMES IN MAYWEATHER WILL SAY "PEOPLE PAID TO SEE ME, NOT TO SEE CANELO"... Which everyone knows will be the opposite... So I hope canelo turns down the offer to be the co-main event and have his own PPV MAIN EVENT!! even if it's not against Mayweather... CANELO is better entertainment than Mayweather fighting his cherry pick opponent... ( MAYWEATHER TOO SCARED TO FACE CANELO) .... and yes I AM A HUGE MAYWEATHER FAN, AND A HUGE CANELO FAN.. BUT FACTS ARE FACTS... MAYWEATHER JUST CARES ABOUT EASY MONEY, SO THAT MEANS EASY FIGHTS ONLY!

Basco: I was with you up to here! They are both cherry pickers!

Basco, The only reason why I wouldn't consider Canelo a cherry picker anymore, is because of his last 2 fights... Somebody else Chose Shane Mosley for him... But the big Reason is. His Last fight.. It was suppose to be Paul Williams... then Williams got in his terrible accident... then it was suppose to be Victor Ortiz, and Ortiz Lost.. so Josesito Lopez was his only choice... WHen has Mayweather ever chose a tough opponent and fight fell thru, because of the other guy.. It's like if Pacquiao was the champ and he chose to fight Pacquiao and Pacquiao got in a motorcycle accident, so then they gave him somebody else, then yea that wouldn't be Mayweather's fault.. But that has never happened in Mayweather's career ever. Where he fights someone ranked #1, holds the belt, and is bigger than him.. Paul Williams was #1, had the belt, and is what like 6 foot 2 in... Mayweather would never fight someone like that... he won't even fight the little guy Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Am I the only one that thinks Trout gets trucked?
        Not at all! They only way Trout beats Canelo is if he hits and runs. However, I think Canelo will cut off the ring and get to him eventually with huge body blows and 3-4 punch combos. He will break him down and impose his big frame. By the 7th round, I think Trout will start eating some hard rights because he will try to protect his body more. Canelo will end up with a KO victory in the later rounds.

Although Trout may be a better boxer and definitely faster, he doesn't pose a power threat, thus Canelo will take 3 to deliver 1. Canelo will be countering Trout and attempting to get him to the ropes to tee off.

Comment

Originally posted by AHUEVO View Post
          Not at all! They only way Trout beats Canelo is if he hits and runs. However, I think Canelo will cut off the ring and get to him eventually with huge body blows and 3-4 punch combos. He will break him down and impose his big frame. By the 7th round, I think Trout will start eating some hard rights because he will try to protect his body more. Canelo will end up with a KO victory in the later rounds.

Although Trout may be a better boxer and definitely faster, he doesn't pose a power threat, thus Canelo will take 3 to deliver 1. Canelo will be countering Trout and attempting to get him to the ropes to tee off.
          Then why has he been running??

Comment

At this point the only thing that matters to me is that he defends it against a top 10 contender at 154. he's had that belt for over a year and a half and hasn't fought anyone relevant at that weight class. I feel if anyone at 154 has earned a shot it's Trout. I'm not even going as far as saying Trout would beat Canelo because Canelo has looked great against smaller, older fighters and he looks like he has decent power and speed.

I feel like he should fight Trout because Trout has taken risks, and has traveled to people's backyards to fight them. For those saying Canelo would destroy him, that's fine, if that's the case then Canelo should fight him and show he's not just a hype job. One more thing that makes that matchup more interesting is that Trout beat Canelo's brother for the belt. Avenging a brothers loss is a nice backdrop for a fight.

Anyway, look at Broner, everyone is saying he's great but hasn't fought anyone which I agree as well but you got the Ring magazine placing him at top 10 P4P fighters which is complete BS. I feel like too many people rate fighters on skill nowadays instead of accomplishments.
            Last edited by SnakeVen0m; 12-24-2012, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
              Then why has he been running??
              You know the answer. Alvarez doesn't want to chance looking bad or worse losing and not get that Mayweather fight that we know will happen at some point. It's like what Pac did when he cherry picked Bradley and JMM at WW, (let alone the losers like Clottey, Margarito and Mosley) rather than fighting the best. The only problem with these cherry picks was the last two fights didn't go as planned. If Alvarez does what pac did, I hope he looks like a fool and his plans get destroyed too.

My thing is, since we know the Alvarez fight will happen (PPV star vs PPV star), make it meaningful and at least have a solid win first (Trout). Trout is ready and no fight will block them from stepping in the ring unlike Alvarez with a few other guys that he didn't end up fighting because they lost or got hurt. It's interesting that Floyd is getting **** because of Alvarez is not giving his attention towards Trout. Mayweather has nothing to do with them until they establish who the best is.

The Alvarez Trout fight is there to be made and I think Floyd is looking to defend his WW title in May and then going back up to JMW in September. He'll fight a top 3 WW now and IMO the # 1 JMW in September (Alvarez Trout winner aka #1 JMW or at least they should be).

Outside of moving to 160 and fighting Martinez, you really can't ask for more. Yet I know people will. I think someone was already talking about him ducking the SMW's now too.

Comment

Originally posted by keyz3r0 View Post
                That's why Canelo has to negotiate smartly if he is offered to star in the Mayweather/Guerrero event and not sell himself short. Millions of fans will only see this event because of Canelo, who has become a PPV attraction himself. GBP itself is taking a huge risk in combining these two fights, to support Mayweather, which would have been split up on different schedules and might be more profitable. Canelo/Cotto would still be huge, for example.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  You know the answer. Alvarez doesn't want to chance looking bad or worse losing and not get that Mayweather fight that we know will happen at some point. It's like what Pac did when he cherry picked Bradley and JMM at WW, (let alone the losers like Clottey, Margarito and Mosley) rather than fighting the best. The only problem with these cherry picks was the last two fights didn't go as planned. If Alvarez does what pac did, I hope he looks like a fool and his plans get destroyed too.

My thing is, since we know the Alvarez fight will happen (PPV star vs PPV star), make it meaningful and at least have a solid win first (Trout). Trout is ready and no fight will block them from stepping in the ring unlike Alvarez with a few other guys that he didn't end up fighting because they lost or got hurt. It's interesting that Floyd is getting **** because of Alvarez is not giving his attention towards Trout. Mayweather has nothing to do with them until they establish who the best is.

The Alvarez Trout fight is there to be made and I think Floyd is looking to defend his WW title in May and then going back up to JMW in September. He'll fight a top 3 WW now and IMO the # 1 JMW in September (Alvarez Trout winner aka #1 JMW or at least they should be).

Outside of moving to 160 and fighting Martinez, you really can't ask for more. Yet I know people will. I think someone was already talking about him ducking the SMW's now too.
                  I disagree with a lot of your post. IMO Bradley really wasn't a cherrypick like you say. In fact, Bradley may have been the best fighter not named Floyd Mayweather at the time that team Pacman chose him as an opponent under 154 period. I don't seen ANY ginger opponent being rated as high as the Bradley Pacman fought, at all. Not even close & quite frankly disrespectful to Bradley.

Secondly, While I do agree that fighting the winner of a Trout/ginger matchup is the closest thing to fighting Martinez, it's irrelevant. Because ginger WILL NOT FIGHT TROUT. However Floyd's fans are gonna act like the rest of the boxing fans should give Floyd ample credit if & when he does fight ginger. Then they're gonna act like Floyd wouldn't have gotten credit for fighting Martinez. (Which you & I both know is a big fat lie). And they'll do this all the while claiming Floyd would have beaten Martinez anyway. But we all know that if Floyd felt that way, the Martinez fight would have already happened.

Finally, the excuse about ginger being a ppv star has no merit here. Which ppv has he (headlined) that we can say has done better #'s than the ppv Martinez headlined?? That tells me realistically that Martinez is still the best opponent both logically, money wise & legacy wise. It was always in this order, Pacman-Martinez-ginger. With Martinez doing the most legacy wise, being 2nd money wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                    I disagree with a lot of your post. IMO Bradley really wasn't a cherrypick like you say. In fact, Bradley may have been the best fighter not named Floyd Mayweather at the time that team Pacman chose him as an opponent under 154 period. I don't seen ANY ginger opponent being rated as high as the Bradley Pacman fought, at all. Not even close & quite frankly disrespectful to Bradley.

Secondly, While I do agree that fighting the winner of a Trout/ginger matchup is the closest thing to fighting Martinez, it's irrelevant. Because ginger WILL NOT FIGHT TROUT. However Floyd's fans are gonna act like the rest of the boxing fans should give Floyd ample credit if & when he does fight ginger. Then they're gonna act like Floyd wouldn't have gotten credit for fighting Martinez. (Which you & I both know is a big fat lie). And they'll do this all the while claiming Floyd would have beaten Martinez anyway. But we all know that if Floyd felt that way, the Martinez fight would have already happened.

Finally, the excuse about ginger being a ppv star has no merit here. Which ppv has he (headlined) that we can say has done better #'s than the ppv Martinez headlined?? That tells me realistically that Martinez is still the best opponent both logically, money wise & legacy wise. It was always in this order, Pacman-Martinez-ginger. With Martinez doing the most legacy wise, being 2nd money wise.
                    I like Bradley and no disrespect, but I totally disagree when talking about him at WW (before fighting Pac). He wasn't a WW and had proved nothing above JWW just like JMM ( and just like when Floyd fought him too). Which was the reason Pac cherry picked these two. They proved nothing and pac avoided the entire WW division to fight these guys that had proved nothing (Alvarez is doing the same thing).

Pac’s not even a big WW yet had these guys move up when pac himself wouldn’t even fight for his WW title he had at the full 147. B*tch move and a cherry pick that went all wrong as Bradley can box, has speed and can move unlike the past prime opposition pac had been cherry picking since he said "no" to fighting Floyd and submitting to extra testing in 2009-2012.

Pac has been fighting at WW and has not fought a legit WW in years. The LW and JWW that pac chose to fight at WW was a cherry pick (just like Alvarez has been doing at JMW). Just because Pac didn't blitz these smaller guys and or lost to them doesn’t mean they're legit WW opposition. It just demonstrates how ****ty Pac's WW opposition has been since fighting Cotto. When LW's and JWW's move up and clown Pac, it raises questions that I have been asking for years. Who has Pac been fighting? Nobody relevant to WW, let alone JMW.

Next, Alvarez is Golden Boys Golden Goose. You can't sit here with a straight face and tell me more people follow Martinez rather than Alvarez. You just can't. However I don’t know why Martinez is really even of topic as he's coming off an injury and fighting Murray in April 2013 with talks of a Chavez jr rematch after.

As much as I want that fight, it's not anywhere on the radar for 2013. I think if it happens, it will be right before Floyd retires. Floyd will be 37-38 and Martinez will be over 40. If neither has lost, it will still be a good fight, but the age will favor Floyd.

Floyd Alvarez fight will happen (because of GBP), but Trout deserves Alvarez and Alvarez must prove he deserves Floyd.
                    Last edited by WESS; 12-24-2012, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                      I like Bradley and no disrespect, but I totally disagree when talking about him at WW (before fighting Pac). He wasn't a WW and had proved nothing above JWW just like JMM ( and just like when Floyd fought him too). Which was the reason Pac cherry picked these two. They proved nothing and pac avoided the entire WW division to fight these guys that had proved nothing (Alvarez is doing the same thing).

Pac’s not even a big WW yet had these guys move up when pac himself wouldn’t even fight for his WW title he had at the full 147. B*tch move and a cherry pick that went all wrong as Bradley can box, has speed and can move unlike the past prime opposition pac had been cherry picking since he said "no" to fighting Floyd and submitting to extra testing in 2009-2012.

Pac has been fighting at WW and has not fought a legit WW in years. The LW and JWW that pac chose to fight at WW was a cherry pick (just like Alvarez has been doing at JMW). Just because Pac didn't blitz these smaller guys and or lost to them doesn’t mean they're legit WW opposition. It just demonstrates how ****ty Pac's WW opposition has been since fighting Cotto. When LW's and JWW's move up and clown Pac, it raises questions that I have been asking for years. Who has Pac been fighting? Nobody relevant to WW, let alone JMW.

Next, Alvarez is Golden Boys Golden Goose. You can't sit here with a straight face and tell me more people follow Martinez rather than Alvarez. You just can't. However I don’t know why Martinez is really even of topic as he's coming off an injury and fighting Murray in April 2013 with talks of a Chavez jr rematch after.

As much as I want that fight, it's not anywhere on the radar for 2013. I think if it happens, it will be right before Floyd retires. Floyd will be 37-38 and Martinez will be over 40. If neither has lost, it will still be a good fight, but the age will favor Floyd.

Floyd Alvarez fight will happen (because of GBP), but Trout deserves Alvarez and Alvarez must prove he deserves Floyd.
                      Sergio would probably fight Floyd over Chavez later in the year, but that depends on Floyd offering him the fight.

Floyd would also have to give Sergio time to lose the weight in a healthy manner just as he has asked for in the past.

Comment

Working...
                      X