No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez's Wife is Standing Firm: I Told Juan To Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    I agree...BUT...Bernard Hopkins is 47 and fighting of a title! He dont look 40! I dont think age has nothing to do with JMM fighting or not. He has to know his 5th fight with Manny will be the biggest payday yet. So money could influence his decision!
    we will see. Im betting he will retire!
    Manny won't be ready to fight until September 2013 according to Freddie Roach. Marquez probably won't even wait around for that because when Manny does come back. He will not fight Juan out the gate.

Comment

Originally posted by BS_Blogger View Post
      Marquez knows fully well that he will not have a chance against Rios, Bradley, Cotto, and any other contender. He only knows how to fight Pacquiao, and realizded that that's where the money is no matter if he wins or loses. This time he won, and he is tempted to run away with the victory and call it quits. Boxers at their highest prime would never think of retirement, only those who deteriorated, so why at his peak is he thinking of retirement? Because Bradley will kick his arse, or even Rios, and maybe Guerrero. Marquez will probably fight another Likar Ramos if he does fight again.
      He only knows how to fight Pacquiao? Last time I checked his record is 55-6-1, not 1-61. Those 55 wins include Barrera, Pacquiao, Diaz x 2, Katsidis, Juarez, Casamayor, Salido, etc. And out of those 6 losses, only one of them was clear and convincing! Just FYI, pal!!!

Comment

i think marquez can keep fighting into his mid or late 40s if he wanted to ...hes shown some new incredible power in that 4th fight against pacquiao, add to that his boxing skills and he can compete with the best. as long as he has heredia there to help prepare him...

Comment

Originally posted by BS_Blogger View Post
          Marquez knows fully well that he will not have a chance against Rios, Bradley, Cotto, and any other contender. He only knows how to fight Pacquiao, and realizded that that's where the money is no matter if he wins or loses. This time he won, and he is tempted to run away with the victory and call it quits. Boxers at their highest prime would never think of retirement, only those who deteriorated, so why at his peak is he thinking of retirement? Because Bradley will kick his arse, or even Rios, and maybe Guerrero. Marquez will probably fight another Likar Ramos if he does fight again.
          I think Marques has a good shot or could possibility beat many of the top 140-147 pounders out there. But I think he doesn't have the heart to do it at his age and at this time in his career. For Marques the only fighter that exist in boxing besides himself is Pacman. Here's an example if you offered Marquez 50 Mil to fight Bradley, Rios, or whoever he wouldn't go for it. But if you offered him 15 mil to fight Pacman he'll sign on the dotted line like right now. One other thing as far as Miguel Cotto goes, Marquez would beat the s*** out of him. Cotto has never beaten an elite fighter in their prime and it is highly unlikely that he ever will. Why do you think Fraud Roidsweather picked him for his only opponent of 2012. Because Roidsweather knew down right that cotto was a bum and that he could cash out on that Puerto Rican flag on Cinco de mayo. I rather pay to watch Marquez beat up Cotto, then watch Pac-Marquez 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
            He only knows how to fight Pacquiao? Last time I checked his record is 55-6-1, not 1-61. Those 55 wins include Barrera, Pacquiao, Diaz x 2, Katsidis, Juarez, Casamayor, Salido, etc. And out of those 6 losses, only one of them was clear and convincing! Just FYI, pal!!!
            This^^^

Seriously if marquez fights he wont fight above 144 what makes you think cotto will bother making it at 147 nevermind 144. He would take rios to school he would probably win a ud. Or maybe a k.o in the later rounds rios cannot hang with elite boxers imo. I can see bradley as the obvious choice. Pillow hands so no brain damage and he has the belts a "victory" over manny wich gives Marquez motivation because he doesn't wanna losr to a guy manny whooped on

Comment

Just hang them up Champ, you got nothing else to prove.

Comment

Manny needs to walk away before JMM. But both should head for the hills, grow some tomatoes and play dominos together. 5th fight would just be for greed because at this point, after 3 close debatable fights..... Marquez proved he was the better fighter. What else would they fight for except money but at some point you have to draw the line. Marquez wife is right. Seeing Manny out cold like that on his face probably made her feel just like Manny's wife. Greed will be the down fall of both if they continue. Look at all the guys who should have retired but still fighting. They went from respectful legends to washed up gate keepers. I say go out on top and use your marketability to make big bucks inside and outside of the sport without even fighting no more.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                  oh boy...there goes our 5th fight!
                  Keep dreaming turd not going to happen

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
                    Manny won't be ready to fight until September 2013 according to Freddie Roach. Marquez probably won't even wait around for that because when Manny does come back. He will not fight Juan out the gate.
                    ARE you crazy???? Marquez will get out of his death bed to fight Pacman again!!!!! no doubt!

Comment

Ms erika how bout another 10 million dollars

Comment

Working...
                      X