No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Psychologically, KO Will Haunt Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
    Dude.. All I am saying is it's too soon to know.. How does that make me a Pac Tard or insinuate I am saying he is a Robot.. or whatever nonsense you have thrown at me in some kind of misguided defiance.. As if your self worth depends on me agreeing with you or something?
    Get a grip.. If DLH can use examples to back his case up.. Then why can't I?

If you or DLH or anyone else is such an amazing predictor of the future .. why are you here taking stabs in the dark?
    Go use those exceptional talents to your advantage.
    There are people out there willing to pay big bucks to people who can predict the future.. We call them suckers.. I am not however one of them.
    I will take a wait and see attitude and not write checks I might not be able to cash.
    Are you really that stupid?
    Was going to ask the same thing to you. DLH examples at least relate to this subject while yours are not even in the same ballpark but in your simple mind i bet they are.

And BTW it wasnt me that said anything about a robot that was someone else seeing you as the same idiot i see you as. And whoever said anything about P-tard or anything else like that. I said you couldnt admit Pac was out cold and your silly examples were not therefore have nothing to do with this thread. That is not insinuating that is fact.

But why am i wasting my time cause you already admitted you are not talking about this subject but something entirely different

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy Horton View Post
      you sustain a concussion with virtually every KO. every fighter who gets knocked out has to see a neurologist after the fight.

just sayin'.
      Well what you just said isn't true. Yes, I would suspect that every fighter who has been knocked out cold like Pacquiao was did sustain a concussion. The problem with what you said is that most fighters who lose by KO aren't rendered unconscious like Pacquiao was. I don't know if you're trying to downplay sustaining a concussion or what, but they're definitely serious.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
        Was going to ask the same thing to you. DLH examples at least relate to this subject while yours are not even in the same ballpark but in your simple mind i bet they are.

And BTW it wasnt me that said anything about a robot that was someone else seeing you as the same idiot i see you as. And whoever said anything about P-tard or anything else like that. I said you couldnt admit Pac was out cold and your silly examples were not therefore have nothing to do with this thread. That is not insinuating that is fact.

But why am i wasting my time cause you already admitted you are not talking about this subject but something entirely different
        Nonsense.. what you are saying is unless I agree with you wont stop being a crybaby.. No wonder your Karma bar is red.

Comment

The fact that Manny came into this fight aggressive as usual tells me he was convinced he had won the first 3 fights.

It's nature not just for boxers but for people in general to change when something is not working. Otherwise, history repeats itself. Manny's attitude tells us he felt he didn't need to change and that tells me he felt he won all 3.

I can't understand why anyone would think that Manny is done. To be honest, I've only ever seen Manny moving that fast and with so much energy and stamina when he first started out as a pro. I felt he dominated the whole fight leading up to that infamous 'KO'. The force of Marquez's punch along with the kinetic force of Manny rushing toward him with so much energy was enough to put the strongest chin out on a good day! Manny said it himself, he was overconfident.

I think Manny SHOULd change. And if Marquez fights him again, I'm positive he WILL have changed. Not necessarily in self-confidence, but he will fight more responsibly and hopefully this change is just with Marquez. I don't think we will C as much aggression with Manny in a 5th fight unless he fights someone he KNOWS he can take without a shadow of a doubt.

Manny gives his heart and his fight to us fans AS WELL as haters every time he gets into that ring. He's a true fighter and a gentlemen and he's got so much more left in him. I can't wait to C his return!

War Manny!!
          Last edited by panicchaser; 12-20-2012, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Concussions also get more serious the more you get them, so if guy gets a bunch of minor concussion then gets some major head trauma he is likely in much more trouble than a guy who just had that major head trauma once.

Look at the history of the sport, look at guys who had long successful careers then got stopped cold normally guys don't come back from that like it is Rocky III.

It is inevitable that if Manny fights on he will get stopped again, probably soon but a lot of that comes down to who exactly he would fight. I would say it would be worse next time but I don't even know if that is possible and if it is I don't need to see Manny get done like that

Comment

Originally posted by Welter_Skelter View Post
              Nonsense.. what you are saying is unless I agree with you wont stop being a crybaby.. No wonder your Karma bar is red.
              That is all you are dropping into this debate and thread for that matter. And another person who truly believes being a part of the little green square club means your cool. So sad

Comment

Manny will never be the same again.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                  That is all you are dropping into this debate and thread for that matter. And another person who truly believes being a part of the little green square club means your cool. So sad
                  No.. it means you are an idiot..red K is what it is.. Your opinion is not respected by the majority of posters, mine is.

I dropped my opinion and it drove you insane.. I will repeat.. I take a let's wait and see stance. It obviously does not compute in your tiny brain.

Comment

Manny came up the real....... poor, and hard way that the wannabes try and act like they did......hes a warrior soul, and i expect him to rise back up.

Comment

Originally posted by panicchaser View Post
                      The fact that Manny came into this fight aggressive as usual tells me he was convinced he had won the first 3 fights.

It's nature not just for boxers but for people in general to change when something is not working. Otherwise, history repeats itself. Manny's attitude tells us he felt he didn't need to change and that tells me he felt he won all 3.

I can't understand why anyone would think that Manny is done. To be honest, I've only ever seen Manny moving that fast and with so much energy and stamina when he first started out as a pro. I felt he dominated the whole fight leading up to that infamous 'KO'. The force of Marquez's punch along with the kinetic force of Manny rushing toward him with so much energy was enough to put the strongest chin out on a good day! Manny said it himself, he was overconfident.

I think Manny SHOULd change. And if Marquez fights him again, I'm positive he WILL have changed. Not necessarily in self-confidence, but he will fight more responsibly and hopefully this change is just with Marquez. I don't think we will C as much aggression with Manny in a 5th fight unless he fights someone he KNOWS he can take without a shadow of a doubt.

Manny gives his heart and his fight to us fans AS WELL as haters every time he gets into that ring. He's a true fighter and a gentlemen and he's got so much more left in him. I can't wait to C his return!

War Manny!!

You thought PAC was dominating the fight,you are really on that crack it was a really close fight until jmm whiped his a$$ with your hero. Going to watch the ko again because it was sweet

Comment

Working...
                      X