No announcement yet.

Your thoughts on Sergio Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    This is the problem, we don't need another Barker. To be fair, it's a homecoming fight and is fine for what it is. But consider that Chavez is next in sept, and that's 3 years of non p4p activity. I understand he's earned the right to maximize his risk/reward, but lets not make him some anti Floyd/Pac. He's doing the same thing, except with worse comp since PWill 2 (2 full years), having done far less to earn the right. Not that anyone wouldn't do it in his position.
    If Chavez beats someone good before that, then I'm fine with the rematch. I'm gonna be pissed if Chavez gets a shot without fighting Macklin/Golovkin first.

Comment

Comment

Really big fan. Hope he fights someone legit after Murray. Gennady would be amazing!

Comment

Great fighter, good persona... Hope he fights Golovkin soon.
          I am fan of both!

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
            Martinez is my favorite boxer. What do you think about him?
            Excellent, one of the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
              Martinez is my favorite boxer. What do you think about him?
              I think he is the best all around boxer in the world. He is able to give the casual fans what they came for as well as giving the more die-hard fans the technical brilliance. The guy is a professional as well; very complete in every area.

Comment

I appreciate what he's done in the sport. I appreciate that he didn't cry foul after getting stopped by Margarito. I'm a fan, but GGG beats him fairly easily. Unfortunately Sergio took too long to circulate a buzz around himself. At least he did and will get a few more large paydays.

Comment

i think hes hott

Comment

In my opinion, he is one of the most overrated fighters of all time. If you look at his resume, you will see the largest collection of cab drivers in the western world. Those who are recognisable fall into two categories; still drunk - as Kelly Pavlik clearly was in their fight - and robberies, of which Macklin, Cintron and, most sickeningly, Chavez are examples. That's not totally fair, actually, as he did beat Paul Williams. That's a very good win.

Aside from that, though, what you have is a fighter who constantly avoids the best competition - he did it to Chavez for two years and is in the process of getting a restraining order against Golovkin - calls out undersized welterweights incessantly - Cotto, Manny and Floyd - and almost exclusively dines out on Eastern-European goatfarmers and part-time English janitors, yet claims he is an elite fighter. Right.

He's also extremely arrogant.

Comment

• Originally posted by thuggery View Post
                      I appreciate what he's done in the sport. I appreciate that he didn't cry foul after getting stopped by Margarito. I'm a fan, but GGG beats him fairly easily. Unfortunately Sergio took too long to circulate a buzz around himself. At least he did and will get a few more large paydays.
                      Sergio took some time off but right after the Bunema win we should have realized we had something special on our hands. Unfortunately he didn't seem to evolve into ppv material.

Comment

Working...
                      X