No announcement yet.

How does Floyd not get credit for beating a guy 3 years ago

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    You are correct, Floyd should have given Marquez a chance to defeat Likar Ramos at 140, that way it would have made a WW fight more legit like Pacquiao did.
    Yep - those two minutes in the ring with Ramos makes all the difference in the world.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      should floyd and JMM fight again in May?
      No.

If Floyd was going to fight the best WW version of JMM it should have been him in there instead of Manny. At least he would have a punchers chance.

I think thats the best/last version of a WW Marquez we will ever see.

I concede FLoyd is much too much for any version of JMM at WW. Its tough enough to fight against FLoyds style but to also cheat the scales? JMM didn't even have a punchers chance in that fight.

Let the young crowd fight the over the hill crowd. (Donaire, Canelo) I want to see Mayweather beat Guerrero, Martinez or Trout or Bradley.

Comment

• if muscles don't matter why doesn't floyd fight klitschko.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
          if muscles don't matter why doesn't floyd fight klitschko.
          Because five years from now you'll say Klitschko was past his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            Agree to fight Ward at 165. Have floyd come in at the weight Floyd agreed upon while Andre comes in at 167.

"It's a super middleweight fight because he came in under the smw limit.".

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
              Anyone even bringing up weight as any kind of reason or excuse as to why Floyd beat JMM, is a .

If you know boxing, and you watch that fight, you can clearly see it was a boxfest. It wasn't an inside fight, where the bigger man is leaning on the smaller man or pushing him around the ring with his larger blown up frame.

It was a boxfest. It was a counter puncher vs a better, faster counter puncher.

JMM is at his best when the opponent comes at him, not when he himself is being counter-punched.
              It was a clearly outsized counter puncher vs a bigger, faster counter puncher.

Was anyone really expecting JMM to be as fast and as strong as Floyd on his first fight at WW? Seriously? When this fight was signed were you calling it even stevens all the way down the middle?

It was a showcase. Nothing more.

Anyone who thought that fight was even going in is the loco one.

Comment

• Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                I do think that it would be a tad more competitive today as I think Marquez with now more experience at 147 can maybe land a more effective punch and Mayweather has slowed down some that Marquez can get in a punch or two a round.
                Doubt it, like I said before it's about styles not weight. Pacquiao would have more success against Floyd than Marquez because of their styles and physical attributes. Marquez doesn't even have a puncher's chance. He was able to KO Pacquiao on the 8th because Pac jumped into the punch. Floyd would have to be a pressure fighter for Maquez to be effective.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                  Agree to fight Ward at 165. Have floyd come in at the weight Floyd agreed upon while Andre comes in at 167.

"It's a super middleweight fight because he came in under the smw limit.".
                  **Knocks out Carl Froch two years later**

Comment

• Originally posted by Elotero View Post
                    No.

If Floyd was going to fight the best WW version of JMM it should have been him in there instead of Manny. At least he would have a punchers chance.

I think thats the best/last version of a WW Marquez we will ever see.

I concede FLoyd is much too much for any version of JMM at WW. Its tough enough to fight against FLoyds style but to also cheat the scales? JMM didn't even have a punchers chance in that fight.

Let the young crowd fight the over the hill crowd. (Donaire, Canelo) I want to see Mayweather beat Guerrero, Martinez or Trout or Bradley.
                    if you have to word it as cheat the scales so be it. but i agree the answer is no.

even today JMM doesn't have a punchers chance against floyd because of floyds reach. as long as floyd uses his reach like that, JMM has little chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                      Lmaooooo..

Comment

Working...
                      X