Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amir Khan-Josesito Lopez Could Be Next For April

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan has to fight these types of guys or there is no point of boxing, on a good night when everything goes well he will destroy most competition on a bad night when he is caught flush because of ****** mistakes he makes then he will lose

Fighting Molina was just a confidence builder, you could see he was really nervous before the fight. Boxer like Lopez will really test Khan, he will get clapped in the fight, the question is will Khan get in to a slugfest or back off and compose himself and use his jab to keep the distance

His jab was the greatest asset last night, never seen him use it so much before, and some credit to his inside game, he tucked his chin in low and time his upper cuts and bodyshots, dont think ive ever seen Khan fight on the inside like that

Comment

Lopez vs Khan is a good fight. Good fight for both guys in terms of their careers and good fight for fans. Neither can afford to lose. Khan, especially cannot lose this fight. And Lopez, if he ever wants to make it to the next level, absolutely needs to win the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by feroth View Post
        Great fight, but bad fight for Khan, a guy with a chin, good power, nd timing, long nd rangy with looping punches that khan always gets hit with.
        My thoughts exactly.

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
        Logical fight for Khan.

He will win, with ease.
        Really? How is Khan going to keep Lopez off of him and how is he gonna deal with Lopez wide and solid punches?

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Really? How is Khan going to keep Lopez off of him and how is he gonna deal with Lopez wide and solid punches?
          He'll keep him off him by boxing circles around him. Lopez is not difficult to outbox.

He's not that hard of a puncher either.

If Khan loses to a Lopez calibur fighter, then retirement is due.

But, he's not going to lose to Lopez. This fight is definitely happening next because it's one of the safest fights to me made at 140 Lbs for Khan against a decent name.

Comment

Good fight, i'll root for Lopez. Damn Lopez is all over the place though, will they weight drain him down to 140 or will Khan move up to 147? Lopez hasn't fought at 140 since that fight against Vargas. I don't know why people call him a JWW, maybe just to discredit Canelo but he's actually a WW. This fight should take place at 147. But knowing Lopez and his position, he'd probably go down to 140 for the money and try his best but he'd be weight drained.

Comment

I like Khan in the ring, outside and talking some of his comments are tasteless. He does put his mouth where his money is (haha), though, in the ring and if he does takes a few tune ups prior to a big risk fight, so what? It's only natural to hone any skills old or new and Lopez is a step up in size and power. Khan has speed, style, and a soft spot that make for exciting fights. He's not undefeated but he still makes money and in a way it helped him by losing. He is forced to be more defensive and round out his style. A zero is ok, but not essential. Excitement and drawing strength are and he has both.

Comment

If I was a fighter and Al Haymon was not my adviser, i'd feel like sh-t. This guy got Ortiz, Canelo, and now Khan back to back to back. I know Haymon just became his adviser for the Canelo fight, but still you just lost by 5th round stoppage and your back in the mix against another top name. Best part is Lopez has nothing to lose.

Comment

Great fight for both guys. Lopez deserves one more shot at the big time and has a good left hook that could put Khan in trouble. As far as Khan the guy has such a freakin high opinion of himself which is annoying as hell, but he doesn't avoid anyone and calls out only the best. Hunter needs to make him a pro fignter, impove his footwork and get him to relax a bit.

Comment

I like this match up make it happen GBP.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                      He'll keep him off him by boxing circles around him. Lopez is not difficult to outbox.

He's not that hard of a puncher either.

If Khan loses to a Lopez calibur fighter, then retirement is due.

But, he's not going to lose to Lopez. This fight is definitely happening next because it's one of the safest fights to me made at 140 Lbs for Khan against a decent name.
                      This is the point: Lopez may not be that difficult to outbox, but can Khan do that for 12 rounds?

Lopez isn't a one-punch KO artist but he hits solidly. Khan is easily dragged into the trenches. Look at Peterson and Maidana. Once the pace of the fight changes, Khan can't change it back.

Lopez isn't an elite fighter but he's a durable kid with tons of heart. Khan probably can't possibly knock the kid out, and with a heart like he's got, he'll probably have Khan on wobbly legs at some point before the final bell rings.

Comment

Working...
                      X