No announcement yet.

What makes Canelo so deadly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Just double checked, he didn't drop him. But he badly hurt him. I was in attendance for that fight.

I would consider it a struggle, absolutely. He was winning the fight but he was certainly struggling.

And yeah, Bute at 22 didn't look as good as Canelo at 22 but fighters age differently. Martinez didn't look as good at 25 as Canelo did at 21.

When both were at similar stages of their career's, Bute was barely losing a round against better fighters Canelo has fought. He looked a lot smoother and skilled than Canelo does now aswell, IMO.
    Sorry but this is bull****

Canelo was clearly winning the fight and controlling the distance , Cotto then landed a good punch that made canelo go back to the rops, but he quickly regained control and later on he won by TKO.

That short moment of not looking in total control, is being blown completly out of proportion, but hey that is have most morons like to argue in here anyway

Go watch the fight on Youtube
    Last edited by 110110110; 12-15-2012, 01:11 PM.

Comment

What makes him so deadly? He's a ginger and they do not have souls

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
        Sorry but this is bull****

Canelo was clearly winning the fight and controlling the distance , Cotto then landed a good punch that made canelo go back to the rops, but he quickly regained control and later on he won by TKO.

That short moment of not looking in total control, is being blown completly out of proportion, but hey that is have most morons like to argue in here anyway

Go watch the fight on Youtube
        I'm sorry? Where have I said anything opposing to what you have just said?

All I've said was he was dropped (But he wasn't, he was just hurt) by Jose Cotto.

Where have I said anything about that fight other than that?

He was winning, he was in control, and getting hurt was just a minor blip.

Doesn't change the fact he was badly stunned by Jose Cotto. Which, is all I have said.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          I'm sorry? Where have I said anything opposing to what you have just said?

All I've said was he was dropped (But he wasn't, he was just hurt) by Jose Cotto.

Where have I said anything about that fight other than that?

He was winning, he was in control, and getting hurt was just a minor blip.

Doesn't change the fact he was badly stunned by Jose Cotto. Which, is all I have said.
          I would consider it a struggle, absolutely. He was winning the fight but he was certainly struggling.
          You state that he was struggling witch is not true plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by 110110110 View Post
            You state that he was struggling witch is not true plain and simple.
            Why don't you try reading what I responding to? You know, the post I quoted?

I was referring to his fight with Alfonzo Gomez.
            Last edited by IronDanHamza; 12-15-2012, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Hmm... maybe....JUST MAYBE..... being a LMW champion and fighting lightweights have something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                He has the power to bring the entire 140 lb division to its knees.
                Very underrated part of his arsenal.

Comment

Originally posted by shinobi108 View Post
                  We know he has 1 punch KO power but else does he have to his arsenal? He doesn't have the fastest foot or hand speed, he's got pretty good timing and feints but certainly not the greatest in history, he seems to just be overpowering guys with his above average skills and his deadly power, is there more to his story

The answer to your question good matchmaking and solid skills.

Comment

Yes Canelo's record is very padded but nobody can deny he's body punching is just hurtful to even watch when he turns it up.

Comment

TS knew exactly what he was doing when he made this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X