What makes Canelo so deadly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Basco View Post
    Excellent, accurate post!
    The man your avi, however, sodomises him thoroughly.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      Combinations, Power, Speed, Youth, Intelligence, Patience, Precious, Ability, Heart
      This ^^^^^

I was sold on him the minute I saw the Cotto fight when he was still at 147. The kid can put his hands together which a lot of the biiger guys don't do much these days. Power in both hands, size, decent speed(he's no sergio but fast for his size), and fights smart for the most part. If he faces Floyd, he can easily be outsmarted by the master, but I feel his physical talents can make up for it and he overwhelm Floyd. Definitely doesn't prove he's a better fighter, he's just catching an old vet on the way out.

Honestly I don't see many people posing a big threat to Canelo. Who's out there? Kirkland? Angulo? Triple G?

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
        The man your avi, however, sodomises him thoroughly.
        Whats strikes me as odd is the fact that I don't see Canelo calling Guerrero out since his camp likes fighting smaller guys!

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Bute didn't do it for me at all. Never did although I was worried his overrated behind might catch an aging, unmotivated Froch. And I doubt he looked anywhere near as good at 22yrs old.
          Probably not at 22 but at similar stages of their Championship reigns, I'd say Bute looked much better against better fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            Probably not at 22 but at similar stages of their Championship reigns, I'd say Bute looked much better against better fighters.
            At similar points, I'd say Bute's potential was much lower.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              At similar points, I'd say Bute's potential was much lower.
              I can't see how.

He had a much easier time with better fighters.

Outside of almost getting stopped by Andrade.

Who knows, we'll see. I'm not sold on Alvarez at all at this point although I do think he's good.

Comment

True.

On the flipside, Bute didn't get dropped by Jose Cotto. Or struggle with Alfonzo Gomez.

But that's neither here nor there.

I think Canelo does have potential, don't get me wrong.

When he sits down on his punches, he has good power. That's probably the best part of his game to me. That's one thing I've seen from him and been like, wow, that's impressive.

But, other than that, not much else impresses me. He is good though.

i could be wrong, but i don't think cotto dropped him. he hurt him though. i havent seen the fight since it happened.

in fairness, he was 19 years old.

i don't think i'd call his fight with gomez a struggle. gomez isnt a great fighter, but he's usually pretty durable and he's got some tricks.

bute had amazing power and a nice amateur background. canelo is shows more potential, IMO. i don't think i knew who bute was when he was 22 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  i could be wrong, but i don't think cotto dropped him. he hurt him though. i havent seen the fight since it happened.

in fairness, he was 19 years old.

i don't think i'd call his fight with gomez a struggle. gomez isnt a great fighter, but he's usually pretty durable and he's got some tricks.

bute had amazing power and a nice amateur background. canelo is shows more potential, IMO. i don't think i knew who bute was when he was 22 years old.
                  Just double checked, he didn't drop him. But he badly hurt him. I was in attendance for that fight.

I would consider it a struggle, absolutely. He was winning the fight but he was certainly struggling.

And yeah, Bute at 22 didn't look as good as Canelo at 22 but fighters age differently. Martinez didn't look as good at 25 as Canelo did at 21.

When both were at similar stages of their career's, Bute was barely losing a round against better fighters Canelo has fought. He looked a lot smoother and skilled than Canelo does now aswell, IMO.

Comment

As we just seen all it takes is one good punch. Canelo has the power to change the fight. I got Floyd but Canelo isn't going to lay down for him.

Comment

I can't see how.

He had a much easier time with better fighters.

Outside of almost getting stopped by Andrade.

Who knows, we'll see. I'm not sold on Alvarez at all at this point although I do think he's good.
                      I would hope so, he's got about 10yrs on Canelo lol. I was never a fan of Bute and, who knows? Canelo might be just hype. I'm not quite sold but I like his potential and there are big matchups available that could be favorable to him.

Comment

Working...
                      X