No announcement yet.

What makes Canelo so deadly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    His competiton is definitely worse than mediocre. He's fought what? 1 fighter in the Top 10 in his weight class? His best win is a passed prime Ryan Rhodes who was dead average in his prime which was around 10 years before he fought Alvarez.

And in all honestly, he hasn't impressed me against level of opposition either.

What do you think separates him from Lucian Bute? In your opinion.
    It's worse than mediocre, which is why I said mediocre at best. Not impressive at all. As for what separates him from Bute? Potential, for starters.

Comment

I'll let ya know, just as soon as Canelo is considered deadly.

Comment

The **** sucking in this thread is too much.

Comment

His competiton is definitely worse than mediocre. He's fought what? 1 fighter in the Top 10 in his weight class? His best win is a passed prime Ryan Rhodes who was dead average in his prime which was around 10 years before he fought Alvarez.

And in all honestly, he hasn't impressed me against level of opposition either.

What do you think separates him from Lucian Bute? In your opinion.
          Lucian`s problem was not his skills, we just found out that he dossent like to get hit on the head very hard by a man physicaly and mentaly stronger then himself.

We diddent know that before the Froch fight, becuase no one he had meet could bring it like froch.

On the other hand we diddent know the deepts of froch`s hart or his finesse before the supersix, and he suprised alot of people.

Wicth one Canelo is we dont know yet, he may be on fire against a guy like mayweather that will test him , and go beserk like froch did and crush mayweather in two round.
          Or he will get frustrated and dumb like kahn or ortiz and loose.

Comment

Canelo destroys all the 135-140 pounders out there. They can't fuck with him, shawty!

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              liberado andrade didn't knock him out in '08.

to cease trolling for a microsecond, canelo turns his knuckles over as well as anybody in the game right now. he doesn't have to hit you with his hardest punch to have an impact. he's also got very good timing with his offense. it's a shame his idea of defense is taking a punch on the forehead,
              True.

On the flipside, Bute didn't get dropped by Jose Cotto. Or struggle with Alfonzo Gomez.

But that's neither here nor there.

I think Canelo does have potential, don't get me wrong.

When he sits down on his punches, he has good power. That's probably the best part of his game to me. That's one thing I've seen from him and been like, wow, that's impressive.

But, other than that, not much else impresses me. He is good though.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                It's worse than mediocre, which is why I said mediocre at best. Not impressive at all. As for what separates him from Bute? Potential, for starters.
                I'd say it's a lot worse.

I don't know, Bute looked like he had potential to me. Fighting better fighter's than Alvarez has fought too.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                  Canelo destroys all the 135-140 pounders out there. They can't fuck with him, shawty!
                  Excellent, accurate post!

Comment

I'd say it's a lot worse.

I don't know, Bute looked like he had potential to me. Fighting better fighter's than Alvarez has fought too.
                    Bute didn't do it for me at all. Never did although I was worried his overrated behind might catch an aging, unmotivated Froch. And I doubt he looked anywhere near as good at 22yrs old.

Comment

canelo's ko percentage will drop about 50% when he fights people worth a damn

Comment

Working...
                      X