No announcement yet.

[Video] Barrera refuses to celebrate Pac KO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cuauhtli. View Post
    he said he had no view of what was going on so he was looking at the monitor, he was happy for Marquez

@ 3:40

notice how Marquez hugs everybody on stage but marco and him dont hug

marco is not a big Marquez fan either. it probably goes back to people saying for years he didnt fight Marquez and then he felt betrayed by golden boy when Marquez and him fought because marco believes he won!

to see him rise and surpass him in revelance while marco is no longer active probably doesnt sit with him

Originally posted by bolodux View Post
    He was probably realizing that he just lost his $$ for his new Trax. Those damn ads are annoying & even worse when the rodolfo throws them in his commentary. Chavez SR cracks me up with his screams and he actually called the action fairly accurately; kinda like RJJ did. Tvazteca has the entire fight on their site right now.
    Chavez called it better than roy in the sixth. in the sixth roy was saying that Marquez wasnt not gonna be able to drop pac with right anymore since he adjusted and jim said well he could still drop him with the left upper or hook. roy said Marquez wont drop him again

Chavez in the sixth said pac was winning but said that their was a lot more potential on Marquez punches and he could still knock him out and thats exactly what happened

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
    I still don't believe him tbh. he was kinda quiet the whole show, he really didn't want to praise Marquez at all.
    me neither! huge fan of marco growing up but oddly enough i was a bigger fan of Marquez and knew about both of them around the same time when they were coming up and being promoted by forum boxing in the mid 1990's.

Comment

To be honest everyone reacts differently. When I watch a comedy show, I can be enjoying it and having a great time but I'm not the type to laugh out loud. So if you were watching me, you would think I didn't think it was funny.

If you look at what Barrera does, he stares immediately at the monitor to see what happened. Then when he sees he isn't getting up, he stands up to try and get a good angle and then smiles.

I don't think he was hating on Marquez, I just honestly think he couldn't see the action and waited to see if Pac would have gotten up.

I'm a huge Marquez fan and wanted to see him win but I didn't jump up and down when it happened, I was more in shock....hahaha

Comment

It looked more to me like Marco was being a legit analyst, but I'm not ruling out the possibility that it also could've been resentment. Marco is a very proud dude and hates losing to or being usurped by his rivals.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Barrera, Morales, and Marquez. They all played a very integral role in why I'm such a fan of this sport and helped make boxing from the mid 90s throughout the 00s must see TV.

Comment

Originally posted by BROOKLYN CESAR View Post
          MAB looks like he isn't even paying attention to the fight but then when he figures out what just happened he is in shock!! Thinking how could he do that when I got my arse whipped?? Well for starters Juan came to win every time they met unlike MAB who came to survive!!
          Been saying this for years.

Other than the first 2 minutes of the first round they fought he never fought Pac with any type of desire to win. A Nishioka-esque performance both times.

If he had that same anger and contempt to Pac as he had for Erik and Juan he may have done much better.

Comment

sour g****s, man

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              To be honest everyone reacts differently. When I watch a comedy show, I can be enjoying it and having a great time but I'm not the type to laugh out loud. So if you were watching me, you would think I didn't think it was funny.

If you look at what Barrera does, he stares immediately at the monitor to see what happened. Then when he sees he isn't getting up, he stands up to try and get a good angle and then smiles.

I don't think he was hating on Marquez, I just honestly think he couldn't see the action and waited to see if Pac would have gotten up.

I'm a huge Marquez fan and wanted to see him win but I didn't jump up and down when it happened, I was more in shock....hahaha
              that was also what i thought watching the youtube vid posted. you can see him smiled a bit after realizing jmm (his countryman) won!

Comment

That's some powerful **** man. Barrera is a true human being.

Comment

i dont see anythign wrong with his reaction. there are a million reasons why it might have been muted.

he and pac are friends, he doesnt like JMM, he was worried, he didnt like seeing a great fighter go out like that, he was in shock etc..

i dont understand how its "de****able" or even sour g****s not to go crazy just bcuz a fighter who shares his nationality scored a huge win. there are so many possible factors that might have been at play.

you think morales would go ape **** if MAB scored a big win like that? heeeeeeell no, nothing wrong with it though. nothing wrong with MABs reaction either.

Comment

Barrera personally dislikes Marquez since he won the decision in their fight. I've seen him at boxing events shake hands with everybody but Marquez, he probably hates him as much as Morales.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                      Barrera personally dislikes Marquez since he won the decision in their fight. I've seen him at boxing events shake hands with everybody but Marquez, he probably hates him as much as Morales.
                      even moreso it seems! lol

Comment

Working...
                      X