Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's Facebook is saying he's close to fighting Mayweather.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
    Canelo pins Floyd against the ropes and tees off on him like a punching bag until Floyd takes a knee. Floyd gets pinned again after the 8 count and Canelo beats him until he takes another knee. Ellerbe throws in the towel immediately after the second knee.....5th round
    LOL, Floyd's gonna keep Canelo moving and missing punches...I just hope Canelo realizes the amount of difference between a Lopez and a Floyd Mayweather.

It's a good fight, I like this fight contrary to what you may think after reading this. I just got Floyd winning....I definitely don't agree with any KO predictions for Canelo. If I may use a triangle theory (as I have nothing else to base Canelo's career on...), when Canelo manhandled Mosley, how many punches did he land to the head and body? And Mosley, yes, has an ATG chin but aside from a few shots he wasn't worried about standing in front of Canelo. They both underwent VADA testing, too (just saying, most likely Mosley wasn't on anything to increase his punch resistance if that's the angle someone was going to play). He's a good puncher but I think the stoppages over Lopez and the like have people believing his power is greater than it actually is. Again, it's a good fight and I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• I would rather Guererro.

But I'll take Canelo.

I don't see the point in fighting Canelo in May though unless Martinez is next after that.

Comment

• People need to start taking into consideration Floyd is on the downside. I don't mean that he's still not one of the most skilled in the game, but the physical tools are deteriorating.

He IS getting hit more, he doesn't move like he used to, and he would be fighting at a weight unnatural to him.

By the time this fight took place he'd be 6-7 months away from 37 years old.

You're not prime and unbeatable UNTIL you lose.... you can lose these things WHILE still winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
          I like this post of THE REED about the Ginger Kid.

One word Bute. If we use the eye test bute looked like an absolute beast and many felt like he could beat ward and when he finally stepped up he was destroyed.

Comment

• Prefer Alvarez too fight Trout in May still dont know where he is at his best win is Ryan Rhodes a good european level fighter quite a step from that comp too Mayweather

Comment

• Originally posted by -KING- View Post
              One word Bute. If we use the eye test bute looked like an absolute beast and many felt like he could beat ward and when he finally stepped up he was destroyed.
              This is a good point.

To the eye, Canelo looks quite good (Not that good, to me) but until he steps up in class, we don't know how good he is.

Bute is a great example. He looked fantastic until he stepped up in class.

Comment

• Originally posted by -KING- View Post
                Yeah and?

Who did Roy Jones beat when he was 16-0?

Nobody, his resume was ****... so was he a hype job?

No.

Who did Floyd beat when he was 12-0? Could you eye test Floyd?

Of course.

You're not debunking that with one fighter who looked beast and wasn't... because there are plenty of fighters who looked beast and were.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  HOLA!! SALUDOS nuestra siguiente pelea esta planeada para realizarse el 4 de mayo estamos cerca de concretar la pelea con mayweather VAMOS CON TODO!!

Pretty much what the title says.
                  Didn't Canelo say this last year, that he had the fight all set to go?

Comment

• Originally posted by NEETzsche View Post
                    from the evidence at hand, i don't think he's green either. but the problem is that we don't have quite enough evidence yet. imagine if floyd beats him and then canelo goes on to lose to a trout or lara and be somewhat "exposed" in the process.
                    Yeah but, who is Canelo going to beat in the meantime to make him look beast that cant just be dismissed later?

Say he beats Cotto... Cotto is coming off two losses and clearly shop worn... Trout? Trout beat Cotto, let the excuses fly with that win... Kirkland? He gets hit way too easily... anybody Canelo beats at this point can then be turned and discounted.

You can break downs anyone resume, whether Canelo builds himself before or after Floyd, he will be who he will be... he's either good enough to beat the guys in his division or he isn't.. and in the longrun the truth will come out whether he fights Floyd first or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      Yeah and?

Who did Roy Jones beat when he was 16-0?

Nobody, his resume was ****... so was he a hype job?

No.

Who did Floyd beat when he was 12-0? Could you eye test Floyd?

Of course.

You're not debunking that with one fighter who looked beast and wasn't... because there are plenty of fighters who looked beast and were.
                      That's true.

But, what about when Roy Jones and Floyd Mayweather were Champions like Canelo is now?

Comment

Working...
                      X