Comments Thread For: Sources: Poonsawat Reportedly Tests Positive For HIV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hiv huh? damn

Comment

The sad part of this story is that had it been in Thailand the fight would have likely gone on without anyone having a clue about his condition. If they do test, they would have just tossed the results.

In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he has already fought while HIV positive. One of the main symptoms is lethargy and in his last fight he barely eked out a decision over a no name guy with 12 losses.

Comment

sad hopes he gets well

Comment

Oh man that is terrible!!

Comment

HIV? ****, poor guy.

Keep fighting, champ.

Comment

Wow.

All the best of luck to him going forward. That's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by duffgun100 View Post
                It does, I did loads of research a while back. It dies within 2-3 seconds.
                yes i've heard the same thing. i was in a work shop that they said if you had a person with HIV and blood was draining from them 2 feet above you and their blood was dripping into your open wound then you would not get it. I tell you this much I wouldn't test that by any means. But I remember they said the oxygen in the air kills the virus? could be wrong but that's what I'm pretty sure they said

Comment

I was really annoyed earlier when I heard that the Rigondeaux card was off since I'll be at this fight, but damn man, how can I be mad now after hearing this ish.

This is terrible news. My heart goes out to Poonsawat and his family.

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                    yeah , if you had the money like magic johnson maybe..

hope poon beats it tho...
                    HIV is treatable with anti-retrovirals, makes the virus count almost undetectable (but you can still pass it on) just means it doesn't develop into AIDS. Just depends how long it's gone undetected.

It shouldn't be a death sentence in Thailand, they have decent hospitals and he's quite popular in Thailand so I hope he made some decent money.

Comment

Man prayers to him and his fam. I hope he did not pass it on to his wife (if he had it first). Terrible
                      Last edited by Deeznuts; 12-13-2012, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X