No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Abril in Talks For February 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    I'm not trying to change your mind I'm just stating the facts. Abril is a bum, a C or D level fighter with 3 loses to C- level fighters, while Broner is a young undefeated former featherweight and current lightweight world champion Boxer-puncher with 21 KO's out of 25 fights. I think the odds favor Broner that why GB is picking Abril for him to fight.
    Well you think what you want! Everyone is entitled to their opinion! I personally give Broner credit for this one because he will be in deep! And btw, Golden boy does with Broner, what they did with Khan! They think he can beat anyone, so they just throw em in their with the best until he loses, or something bad happens! Abril is the absolute best opponent out there, and this is what I been waiting for! This is MORE than what I been waiting for! I thought Abril was top rank, never in my wildest dreams did I think Broner would fight this style EVER, and after seeing Gamboa last week, I knew he wasnt going to test Broner! Agree to dissagree! But next time we go in, you gotta come with some fight logics! Break the fight down or something, all this nothingness, then say, "Its cuz he's a bum, and I THINK the odds favor Broner!" Think what ya want, I wont go in no more!

Comment

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      I only needed to watch that fight once. It wasn't pretty and it wasn't close, so there was no need nor desire to re-watch it. It was such an obvious win for Abril that there was a nearly universal outcry over it, even from Mexican and Mexican-American fans. Interestingly, one of the judges on that disgusting card actually wasn't blind or corrupt. She actually scored it 117-111 for Richard. Two days after the fight, the WBA officially announced that Abril would be allowed to keep his interim lightweight title. What does that tell you?

It's eminently clear that you're not a judge. I don't know where it's written that in order to get a "W" you need to "beat (your opponent) down."
      Abril has a loss to Rios on his record. Along with 2 other C- level fighters. I don't know what more I can tell you about that. A loss is a loss. He didn't win, so It's eminently clear that you're not a judge either.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Let the real fans tune in to Broner vs Abril. We all know this is a risky fight and even in losing, Abril will most likely walk out of the ring having people doubt if Broner is that good to begin with[which to me he still will be, its just that Abril is underrated]. He looks like a spoiler, like the type of guy who just won't let you clearly beat him. Even if Broner gets the W, I want to see how he gets it and if Abril makes it an ugly win for Broner. The type of ugly win which lowers the winners' stock a little bit.

I'm very surprised Broner is accepting this fight. So risky, it's not even funny. Abril is like the Carlos Molina of 135. Little power but an ugly style that makes you look bad.
        There you go. The truth. Abril is tough to fight and even tougher to look good against. He's not great, but he's not bad.

Comment

Why is it a good fight when Abril has loses to C- level fighters one of which was a mere sparring partner for Broner as little as 2 months ago. Its a safe fight that Broner is expected to win. Period.
          Man I just realized you said Your just stated facts, but then you said Khan is more dynamic, than Abril when Khan has no defense, and he swarms in and out! Yet Abril can show D, clinch, avoid, parry, and picks his shots!!! Well I aint gonna pick at you about it, just wanted you to know that I see through all of your bs!!!

Comment

Abril has a loss to Rios on his record. Along with 2 other C- level fighters. I don't know what more I can tell you about that. A loss is a loss. He didn't win, so It's eminently clear that you're not a judge either.
            I suppose Adalaide Byrd isn't a judge either. She scored it justifiably wide for Abril: 117-111. I also suppose that all decisions in boxing, dating back to the beginning of the last century, have been on the "up-and-up".

Comment

Why is it a good fight when Abril has loses to C- level fighters one of which was a mere sparring partner for Broner as little as 2 months ago. Its a safe fight that Broner is expected to win. Period.
              How did you personally score Richard Abril vs Hank Lundy?

Oh wait, you haven't seen it. But I see where your coming from. You know very little about Abril other than what you looked at on boxrec. The fact that you think him and DeMarco have similar styles confirms this.

But carry on. Like most have said, this is a good fight and I can't wait to see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                Man I just realized you said Your just stated facts, but then you said Khan is more dynamic, than Abril when Khan has no defense, and he swarms in and out! Yet Abril can show D, clinch, avoid, parry, and picks his shots!!! Well I aint gonna pick at you about it, just wanted you to know that I see through all of your bs!!!
                Im try to get some sleep! f I cant I will be back within 45 min, or in the middle of the night!! I can do this forever! When you talkin that boxing, someone gotta get called out for not knowing they stuff!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  Well you think what you want! Everyone is entitled to their opinion! I personally give Broner credit for this one because he will be in deep! And btw, Golden boy does with Broner, what they did with Khan! They think he can beat anyone, so they just throw em in their with the best until he loses, or something bad happens! Abril is the absolute best opponent out there, and this is what I been waiting for! This is MORE than what I been waiting for! I thought Abril was top rank, never in my wildest dreams did I think Broner would fight this style EVER, and after seeing Gamboa last week, I knew he wasnt going to test Broner! Agree to dissagree! But next time we go in, you gotta come with some fight logics! Break the fight down or something, all this nothingness, then say, "Its cuz he's a bum, and I THINK the odds favor Broner!" Think what ya want, I wont go in no more!
                  I won't go in any further either, but I will say that I thought the same thing about Broner for a while until I finally did a little research and found out just how much talent Broner has, not just boxing but in basketball, gymnastics, weightlifting he is just one of those all around guys that seem to be good at everything, mainly fighting. Abril is not that, like I said he's a good C level boxer but you will find out, like I said IF and it's still a bit IF the fight gets made just don't stray to far after the outcome because you will be exposed on just how wrong you were about Broner.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                    How did you personally score Richard Abril vs Hank Lundy?

Oh wait, you haven't seen it. But I see where your coming from. You know very little about Abril other than what you looked at on boxrec. The fact that you think him and DeMarco have similar styles confirms this.

But carry on. Like most have said, this is a good fight and I can't wait to see it.

Do you see Lundy using a style almost identical to Broner's? The body shots? Head movement? Come on man, an L is an L either way. Here I show you that Broner and Lundy's style are similar, Lundy's even walking him down like Broner will. You guys are jokes.

Viewer:
                    joeabbadon 2 years ago

i was there lundy 97 94
                    Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 12-13-2012, 01:39 AM.

Comment

Do you see Lundy using a style almost identical to Broner's? The body shots? Head movement? Come on man, an L is an L either way. Here I show you that Broner and Lundy's style are similar, Lundy's even walking him down like Broner will. You guys are jokes.

Viewer:
                      joeabbadon 2 years ago

i was there lundy 97 94
                      Lol. So Broner fights like Hank Lundy and Abril fights like DeMarco. Gotcha

Carry on. But you can't call a fighter a bum when you've never seen him fight. And no, 3 minute YouTube clips and opinions of random commentors doesn't count. So my point stands.
                      Last edited by -PBP-; 12-13-2012, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X