If JMM was smart he would push for Floyd rematch before 5th Pac fight= $$$$

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
    Why wouldn't they call him out then?

**** IT If Marquez wants his soul snatched again, who am I to disagree.
    Hmmm I am not sure why he hasn't mentioned Floyd but I wouldn't be surprised if negotiations are taking place.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Why, so people can say that the only reason Floyd dominated him a second time was because JMM was old?

As good as JMM looked KOing Pac, won't change the fact that JMM would have to be the aggressor vs Floyd and would look just as bad as he did last time. Maybe worse as Floyd wouldn't be coming off a 2 year layoff looking for a tune up.

JMM fighting for Bradley's belt makes sense. Could be marketed as the last 2 men that "beat" Pac are settling the score for the WW title.

Meanwhile Pac can fight The Ghost, the #3 WW. Fighting a top rated WW is something Pac hasn't accomplished in years.
      Belts dont mean anything to a 39 year old fighter like JMM. If you were JMM would you take the risk of making probably the same amount vs Bradley you made vs Pac or would you rather just try to solve the Mayweather puzzle and get your highest Payday ever? Bradley brings no revenue to the table especially since he hasnt fought since the Pac fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        Yep its true and hard to imagine how anybody could toy with JMM like that , a boxing wizard schooling another technical master with such ease , boxing at its finest pure platinum gold .

But the sour grape losers dont want to admit it , but they admit it anyway by being such Floydaholic haters , Floyd has them by the balls LOL .
        Which is why the rematch needs to occur. So there isnt any historical excuses from revisionist when speaking on the 1st Mayweather-Marquez fight.

Comment

I'm all for Marquez getting paid, but don't see the outcome being any different. If anything Mayweather might actually press against Marquez to show the world he could do it easier than Manny can.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
            I'm all for Marquez getting paid, but don't see the outcome being any different. If anything Mayweather might actually press against Marquez to show the world he could do it easier than Manny can.
            This is the reason I want to see the fight.

Plus its 2 ATG's going at it, Id be more excited for this than a fight vs Guerrero.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
              Belts dont mean anything to a 39 year old fighter like JMM. If you were JMM would you take the risk of making probably the same amount vs Bradley you made vs Pac or would you rather just try to solve the Mayweather puzzle and get your highest Payday ever? Bradley brings no revenue to the table especially since he hasnt fought since the Pac fight.

Mayweather won't pay him anything. Granted it would be more but you're assuming Floyd would take the fight and people would actually watch it.

Burt Surgar was the only one that thought JMM would give Floyd the toughest fight of his life (even though he flipped it post fight of course). Nobody would be any more interested now than they were before.

However fighting Bradley is the most meaningful fight, career wise and he can demand a guarantee amount from Bob Arum to take the fight. If he just wants a payday, fight Pac again in Mexico with the extra tests he was calling for. Fighting Floyd is just **** way for him to go out...

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                Mayweather won't pay him anything. Granted it would be more but you're assuming Floyd would take the fight and people would actually watch it.

Burt Surgar was the only one that thought JMM would give Floyd the toughest fight of his life (even though he flipped it post fight of course). Nobody would be any more interested now than they were before.

However fighting Bradley is the most meaningful fight, career wise and he can demand a guarantee amount from Bob Arum to take the fight. If he just wants a payday, fight Pac again in Mexico with the extra tests he was calling for. Fighting Floyd is just **** way for him to go out...
                JMM just landed the shot that was heard literally around the world, Pacs layed out body is plastered all over the world wide web!! JMM's name has never been in so many peoples mouths and in so many peoples thoughts. Coming off an icing of Pac, then fighting Mayweather on May 4th is probably the biggest PPV fight that can be made right now.

I do agree Floyd should fight Bradley, but I think Bradley should fight Guerrero and the winner fights the winner of Mayweather vs JMM. Bradley and Guerrero dont have large fan bases but I believe their styles would make for a very exciting fight which could bring more attention to them.

Mayweather gave Cotto 15 Million, and that was after beating Margarito Granted Cotto is the #3 PPV star in the sport but Mayweather & JMM did 1.2 the first time and this was Mayweather coming off layoff and JMM moving up in weight. I think the Pac KO is worth at least that......
                Last edited by Architect; 12-12-2012, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  Mayweather will dudck this version of Marquez. He will wait till Pacquaio and marquez beat on each other some more before he even consider fighting them, just how he rolls.
                  How funny is it that the same people said that about Mosley when he KO'D Margarito. Everyone said that Floyd would duck him. Should have heard Arum saying he would never fight Mosley. Even Manny said he would only fight him at a catchweight of something like 140. So just stop it...

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
                    JMM just landed the shot that was heard literally around the world, Pacs layed out body is plastered all over the world wide web!! JMM's name has never been in so many peoples mouths and in so many peoples thoughts. Coming off an icing of Pac, then fighting Mayweather on May 4th is probably the biggest PPV fight that can be made right now.

I do agree Floyd should fight Bradley, but I think Bradley should fight Guerrero and the winner fights the winner of Mayweather vs JMM. Bradley and Guerrero dont have large fan bases but I believe their styles would make for a very exciting fight which could bring more attention to them.

Mayweather gave Cotto 15 Million, and that was after beating Margarito Granted Cotto is the #3 PPV star in the sport but Mayweather & JMM did 1.2 the first time and this was Mayweather coming off layoff and JMM moving up in weight. I think the Pac KO is worth at least that......
                    Even if JMM asked for it, I can't see Floyd taking it. He didn't even show the slightest of interest in fighting JMM again when asked. Just basically said it took Pac four fights and failed when it only took him one and he dominated every second of every round.

IMO, JMM vs Bradley, Pac vs Guerrero, winners fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Zano-24 View Post
                      How funny is it that the same people said that about Mosley when he KO'D Margarito. Everyone said that Floyd would duck him. Should have heard Arum saying he would never fight Mosley. Even Manny said he would only fight him at a catchweight of something like 140. So just stop it...
                      Bob Arum quote from an October 2009 Boxing Scene article
                      "I think Cotto probably beats Mayweather, I think Manny probably beats Mayweather & I think Mosley beats Mayweather, I think Shane Mosley because of his style has the best chance to beat Mayweather"

http://www.boxingscene.com/floyd-may...ys-arum--22672

Comment

Working...
                      X