No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley Not Buying PED Rumors, Feels Marquez is Clean

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Searching For Irony In the Land of the Ironic

What's happening right now is nothing more than a deconstruction of an illusion, but its being done from the vantage point of a boxing fan. Sometimes when things happen that are shocking the the first and human reaction is to find a meaning that we can accept. We'll run by the list of obvious explanations on our way to something that helps us steady the shaky world beneath our feet. It's a normal human reaction and shouldn't be confused with anything else.

I was a loyal Tyson robot, nothing mattered more to me than the idea "Kid Dynamite" was invincible. I can still remember the feeling I had when one of his fights was on, Mike Tyson was the fighter of a young generation, after all he'd won the title after just turning twenty. But when reality came into the fantasy all I could do was find reasons why he lost and as the minutes ticked by to hours the excuses became more elaborate and fanciful.

Whether some realize it or not, or maybe its been couched in all of this boxing rhetoric, but there are some folks that refuse to see reality for what it is. You can see it in how they argue their points and it never becomes more clear than in their stubborn refusal to acknowledge the most basic of facts if it somehow shows Floyd Mayweather in a good light.

People need answers that they can use and "Marquez was on steroids" will work as well as anything else. And unlike Mayweather's accusations of doping toward Manny, this one will find a more willing audience.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
      What's happening right now is nothing more than a deconstruction of an illusion, but its being done from the vantage point of a boxing fan. Sometimes when things happen that are shocking the the first and human reaction is to find a meaning that we can accept. We'll run by the list of obvious explanations on our way to something that helps us steady the shaky world beneath our feet. It's a normal human reaction and shouldn't be confused with anything else.

I was a loyal Tyson robot, nothing mattered more to me than the idea "Kid Dynamite" was invincible. I can still remember the feeling I had when one of his fights was on, Mike Tyson was the fighter of a young generation, after all he'd won the title after just turning twenty. But when reality came into the fantasy all I could do was find reasons why he lost and as the minutes ticked by to hours the excuses became more elaborate and fanciful.

Whether some realize it or not, or maybe its been couched in all of this boxing rhetoric, but there are some folks that refuse to see reality for what it is. You can see it in how they argue their points and it never becomes more clear than in their stubborn refusal to acknowledge the most basic of facts if it somehow shows Floyd Mayweather in a good light.

People need answers that they can use and "Marquez was on steroids" will work as well as anything else. And unlike Mayweather's accusations of doping toward Manny, this one will find a more willing audience.
      +1. Very well put, Slip Stream, thank you.

P34c3

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
        true, innocent until proven otherwise. i'm not one of those who insist marquez is dirty but there is reasonable doubt considering heredia's background, the same person who said there are ways to get past testing. for the time being, marquez won it fair and square
        Then you should also be suspicious when it comes to Pac because Alex Ariza and Herreida are good friends. Alex Ariza even gave a lot of credit to Strength & Conditioning coach Angel Heredia and he's only concern now is that the playing field is level. Does this sound like a trustful man? And why is Alex Ariza friends with such a shady person?

Comment

Excellent post!

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            Then you should also be suspicious when it comes to Pac because Alex Ariza and Herreida are good friends. Alex Ariza even gave a lot of credit to Strength & Conditioning coach Angel Heredia and he's only concern now is that the playing field is level. Does this sound like a trustful man? And why is Alex Ariza friends with such a shady person?
            The cat's are in the same profession; No need to find a friendship suspect.....

Comment

It 'works' because Marquez:

(a) Has a convicted steroid dealer as personal trainer/nutritionist
              (b) Has a 'new' muscular physique at the age of 39
              (c) KO'd Pacquiao after knocking him down for the first following 37 rounds of never doing it.

and it finds a more willing audience due the fact we watched Pacquiao actually get into the ring with Marquez and watched Marquez do the unthinkable without Pacquiao accusing Marquez of anything whereas Mayweather used it as an excuse not to get into the ring with Pacquiao.

No one knows whether it is true or not, but there is a solid basis for suspicion.

Anyhow on topic, I agree with Bradley re. benefit of doubt, but this 'if his urine test passes then he's clean' stuff is nonsense.
              Last edited by Weebler I; 12-13-2012, 02:40 PM.

Comment

PED discussions have never really sparked any interest in me one bit. But after reading the Hauser article, it's a good thing people are talking about PEDs, PEDs, PEDs, PEDs... I hope, when Mayweather comes out to promote his next fight, PEDs would be in the forefront of every discussion.

Comment

And THAT is the problem, good post.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                    It 'works' because Marquez:

(a) Has a convicted steroid dealer as personal trainer/nutritionist
                    (b) Has a 'new' muscular physique at the age of 39
                    (c) KO'd Pacquiao after knocking him down for the first following 37 rounds of never doing it.

and it finds a more willing audience due the fact we watched Pacquiao actually get into the ring with Marquez and watched Marquez do the unthinkable without Pacquiao accusing Marquez of anything whereas Mayweather used it as an excuse not to get into the ring with Pacquiao.

No one knows whether it is true or not, but there is a solid basis for suspicion.

Anyhow on topic, I agree with Bradley re. benefit of doubt, but this 'if his urine test passes then he's clean' stuff is nonsense.
                    Well, Pacquiao is the only fighter who has refused to undertake OSDT's.

Marquez was more than willing.

" unlike Mayweather's accusations of doping toward Manny, this one will find a more willing audience " ~ Slip Stream

How can Pacquiao fans accept Manny's refusal, and then question Marquez?

Comment

Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
                      Well, Pacquiao is the only fighter who has refused to undertake OSDT's.

Marquez was more than willing.

" unlike Mayweather's accusations of doping toward Manny, this one will find a more willing audience " ~ Slip Stream

How can Pacquiao fans accept Manny's refusal, and then question Marquez?
                      EXACTLY. Especially when Marquez agreed to be tested against Pacquiao prior with Herida in his corner? Fan boys. Manny Pacquiao got KO'd to sleep so his fans have to live with it because he still took the biggest L of his career.

Comment

Working...
                      X