Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's worse a devestating one punch KO or a sustained 12 round beating?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacman vs. Hatton..

.. or..

Nigel Benn vs. Gerald McClellan..

Both pretty devastating.

Comment

This poll is a land slide poll as it should be.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgobrady View Post
        i rather get knocked out. if someone is clearly beating me up for 12 rounds than that means i don't belong in the ring with this man and there is nothing that i can do to beat this man but if i get knocked out than maybe there are some adjustments that can be made to prevent getting knocked out again
        You don't deserve to be in the same ring with a man who can't even knock you down?

Comment

Reality Bites....

It isn't about what's "worse" IMHO, it's a question of whether a fighter can mentally recover from a devastating defeat. The body can heal, but can a fighter regain the mental edge they had prior to the KO or the beating? These questions can only be answered by the fighter himself. But should a fighter even really entertain the idea if they've already had a full career and have nothing else to prove? We've all seen it time and again, a fighter decides to return to the sport after a terrible loss and the beatings become more frequent, until he can no longer deny the reality of the situation.

Fans are going to have to get used to the idea of their idol potentially turning into nothing more than a literal punching bag, unless Pacquiao decides to retire.
          Last edited by Slip Stream; 12-13-2012, 11:04 AM.

Comment

hmmm, well if you are getting beat up for 12 rounds but not knocked out then perhaps the punches arent landing cleanly and you are slipping / blocking them but getting dominated or outclassed.

Getting knocked out means you have obviously been caught cleanly and more likely down to your own doing / you have probably made a mistake for that to happen.

I actually voted for a 12 round beating but now Im not so sure.

Comment

12 round beating no question....

Comment

Worst for health..i honestly have no idea. Worst for the fighters career/confidence..depends on the fighter i suppose.

I voted for '12 round beating' though, as a one punch KO can happen to anybody at any time. Being dominated for 12 rounds means you couldn't ajust through-out the fight and was out-classed.

Comment

Sustained consistent head trauma over 36 minutes is way worse than 1 concussive blow. Just look at Ali, Ray Robinson, Collins, Frazier, Vargas, Taylor, etc. All in epic wars and worse for the where.

Comment

this is a hard question.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

KO can happen to anyone and can be the product of a small mistake. A sustained beating is the consequence of many mistakes and is prolonged humiliation from a superior opponent.
                      Health-wise, punch your right thigh really hard. Punch your left thigh 250 times at medium to hard strength and see which one ends up in worse shape.

Comment

Working...
                      X