No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather still on top after Mannys rise and Fall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
    im not arsed, it was still a pick em fight. pac had just sparked hatton and cotto was the natural 147 fighter and the wbo champ at the time. plenty of people were picking cotto to win that fight.

Cotto was such hot stuff that he won that VACANT title against Michael Jennings. Who? Cotto had been thrashed by Margarito, beaten Jennings, and arguably lost against Joshua can't get it done Clottey. Cotto was really hot back then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
      This is what baffles me. The only differences between Manny and Floyd is that Manny fights more, while Floyd fights guys in a better state. If Floyd had did what Manny has done since '08 that amount of criticism he'd be recieving would be through the roof.
      Agreed. That Margarito fight was a total **** show. So was the Mosley fight. Clottey? Please. De La Hoya? Farcical. The only respectable opponents aside from Cotto are Marquez and Bradley and he looked like poop in all three bouts.

Comment

it was still a pick em fight. pac wasnt a massive fav.
        the only people who picked cotto to win were cotto fans. cotto came off getting beat down by margarito and a war with clottey.

Comment

i agree it doesnt diminish a fighter. but what i am saying is you know what will happen if they do fight. floyd cant win. if floyd beats him they will just say he waited till somebody else beat him before he would fight him, he didnt fight him when he was at his best etc etc.

its just typical of certain top boxers in this day and age tho, bickering like a pair of schoolgirls and it has cost them both a career defining fight and a ton of wonga.
          two seperate things. how people judge floyd in no way determines if a fight with manny will be successful. my only point to gong and other is if you wanna crap on floyd go ahead. but if you bring up hearns,hagler, duran, and SRL well floyd, even though circumstnces are different, is doing the same thing SRL did. He is letting his top challenger to his spot as best in the sport beat the others before he fights them. why? because he generates more than the others.
          Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-12-2012, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Cotto was such hot stuff that he won that VACANT title against Michael Jennings. Who? Cotto had been thrashed by Margarito, beaten Jennings, and arguably lost against Joshua can't get it done Clottey. Cotto was really hot back then.
            i appreciate it was a vacant title, pac was coming up the weights and people had no idea how he would do against a true welterweight.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaestix1 View Post
              the only people who picked cotto to win were cotto fans. cotto came off getting beat down by margarito and a war with clottey.
              go back to 09. trust me, plenty of people were picking cotto.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                two seperate things. how people judge floyd in no way determines if a fight with manny will be successful. my only point to gong and other is if you wanna crap on floyd go ahead. but if you bring up hearns,hagler, duran, and SRL well floyd, even though circumstnces are different, is doing the same thing SRL did. He is letting his top challenger to his spot as best in the sport beat the others before he fights them. why? because he generates more than the others.
                it doesnt matter at the end of the day. if the fight didnt happen when pac was hot, why would it happen now? im not crapping on floyd, its just the way it is. why would floyd want to fight a guy that just got chinned?

Comment

This is what baffles me. The only differences between Manny and Floyd is that Manny fights more, while Floyd fights guys in a better state. If Floyd had did what Manny has done since '08 that amount of criticism he'd be recieving would be through the roof.
                  there's no difference at all if you use that analogy, fmj?...the same guy who fought judah after tsyzu made him do the funky chicken, and who couldn't find a way to beat baldimir?...talk about selective amnesia...lol

Comment

• Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                    Young kid? Ward will be 29 in a couple of months time.
                    People in todays boxing game with his resume are generally 4-5 years older than Ward. In comparison he's a young kid. He's got another 6-7 years of him being at the top.

Originally posted by Rk16 View Post
                    So you have no problem with draining Dawson and now fighting Pavlik?
                    That would be like Floyd fighting Canelo at 147 then fighting paulie or something
                    Double standards here are ridiculous
                    Ward is on the road to greatness but not there yet
                    Castillo was a close fight not a huge gift like Pacquiao Marquez 3!
                    Ward is more active but right now that's all he has on Floyd
                    No, I never said I was okay with it. I said it only happened ONCE.

Castillo was a ****ing robbery. I was watching it and I was pulling for Floyd so badly back then too and I didn't even feel right when Floyd got the decision.

Comment

i appreciate it was a vacant title, pac was coming up the weights and people had no idea how he would do against a true welterweight.
                      there are still question marks on how he'd do verses a true ww ....the cotto fight was never fought at the ww limit, bradley's a career jww, jmm is a 40 yr old lw, clottey is a loser, mosley was shot to **** when pac fought him....despite all of this, pac has looked like utter crap in most of these fights...for someone who rides on floyd for his ww run you give pac a huge pass.

Comment

Working...
                      X