Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Floyd fight Sergio Martinez in September?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if has the balls yes he should.. beating sergio at 154 is like more or less equal to knocking Pac. yes pac wouldve been easier as mentioned by most fans but the credit is about the same..

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      if has the balls yes he should.. beating sergio at 154 is like more or less equal to knocking Pac. yes pac wouldve been easier as mentioned by most fans but the credit is about the same..
      Floyd and having balls....I'm not sure if they belong together. Huge respect if he takes on Sergio though.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        if manny and canelo get their a$$es kicked in their next fights, it'll narrow down Floyd's options making a Martinez bout more likely
        You'd think that, yes, but talks of Khan getting Mayweather (speculative, of course) or Cotto taking Canelo after his loss to Trout (again, speculative) make you wonder. The $$ you put in "a$$es" are ironically representative of what will most likely happen.

Off-topic, but let's face it. Canelo probably would've taken Ortiz after his loss if he hadn't broken his jaw and if Lopez didn't appear to be any even easier opponent with the built in-excuse, "Well he beat Ortiz..."

Comment

I dont think Martinez can perform well at 154

Comment

theres someone who answered NO? WTH is that? mayweather's reason for fighting a LW in JMM in 2009 was because he was calling him out. Sergio has been calling him out already for a long time now. Sergio is willing to drop in weight at 154 where Floyd is the champion, why not???? Sergio is inside top 4 by most fans, Floyd is number 1, so why not??

Comment

Originally posted by I'm so sorry View Post
              Floyd and having balls....I'm not sure if they belong together. Huge respect if he takes on Sergio though.
              maybe he'll be inspired by the 50 thing and the JMM thing. but thats wishful thinking, he's on his way out too, one last hurrah would be great. and would define him forever.

tbh, i think the people would've given him more respect if he had fought pac without so many excuses than fighting sergio since many still think its a not a fight he needs, so its not really ducking anybody.

he can't even make a very convincing bluff for manny for christ sake.
              and goes wild when ask about manny.

Comment

Martinez should have a tuneup against Angulo or Kirkland at 154 after the Ward-Dawson debacle.

Comment

Of course I'd love to see May take on Sergio...but I'd be shocked, utterly shocked if Floyd actually stepped up to the challenge. He'll take the easy route.

Comment

I'd love to see it, but no way does Floyd take this dangerous, stupid fight near the end of his career. Sergio would batter him. Too damn big.

Comment

That's a lot of people that would much rather see a Martinez fight over Bradley, Guerrero, or even Canelo. Though like I mentioned if fought one of them in May I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as he took Martinez in September.

Comment

Working...
                      X