No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Nonito Donaire, Jorge Arce Media Workouts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Nonito Donaire, Jorge Arce Media Workouts

Houston,Texas --- Four-time world champion Nonito "The Filipino Flash" Donaire, and five-time world champion Jorce "Travieso" Arce, hold workouts for the press - as both boxers prepare for their battle on Saturday, December 15 at Toyota Center from Houston,Texas, televised live on HBO Championship Boxing®. This event is promoted by Top Rank in association with Zanfer Promotions and Tecate. --- Photos by Chris Farina/Top Rank.

[Click Here To Read More]

I'm sure Arce is training hard for this fight, but I just don't see how he wins this. Every conceivable advantage is held by Donaire. Speed, power, reach, age. At least it will be exciting though. Donaire in 8 (or less).

Comment

Originally posted by Concussive View Post
      I'm sure Arce is training hard for this fight, but I just don't see how he wins this. Every conceivable advantage is held by Donaire. Speed, power, reach, age. At least it will be exciting though. Donaire in 8 (or less).
      In a fair fight I would agree with you 100%; however, I've long suspected Arce of being on some sort of PED!!! The fact is that he was considered done about four yaears ago!!! And now not only has he rejuvenated his career, but at higher weight classes!!! That's not normal. At the very minimum, I suspect him being on some sort of testosterone replacement. Ofcourse we will never know for sure because A) The drug testing procedures done by the state athletic commissions are an absolute joke, B) They're fighting in Texas, which has one of the worse commissions in the US, and C) Top Rank could care less if their fighters are on PEDs or not. They almost seem to encourage it (considering how they handled JCC Jr's career).

Comment

Nonito fighting a name... A name that has absolutely NO chance of winning

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos Alberto View Post
          In a fair fight I would agree with you 100%; however, I've long suspected Arce of being on some sort of PED!!! The fact is that he was considered done about four yaears ago!!! And now not only has he rejuvenated his career, but at higher weight classes!!! That's not normal. At the very minimum, I suspect him being on some sort of testosterone replacement. Ofcourse we will never know for sure because A) The drug testing procedures done by the state athletic commissions are an absolute joke, B) They're fighting in Texas, which has one of the worse commissions in the US, and C) Top Rank could care less if their fighters are on PEDs or not. They almost seem to encourage it (considering how they handled JCC Jr's career).
          > Arce is an older fighter.
          > He does well at a higher weight class.
          >ERRMAHGERD HE'S OHN PEE EHH DEES!!

But seriously, a lot of fighters go up in weight classes as they get older AND they do better in those divisions. That's people like Nonito Doniare to Bernard Hopkins. Simply put, 'age' and 'doing well' are generally not publicly supported facts for PED use.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
            > Arce is an older fighter.
            > He does well at a higher weight class.
            >ERRMAHGERD HE'S OHN PEE EHH DEES!!

But seriously, a lot of fighters go up in weight classes as they get older AND they do better in those divisions. That's people like Nonito Doniare to Bernard Hopkins. Simply put, 'age' and 'doing well' are generally not publicly supported facts for PED use.
            Yeah, actually, if there's any place an older boxer can succeed it's likely in a higher weight class than when he was young. That in itself doesn't mean he's on PEDs, though I'm cynical and think everyone is on PEDs.

Comment

War Nonito!!

Comment

Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
                Yeah, actually, if there's any place an older boxer can succeed it's likely in a higher weight class than when he was young. That in itself doesn't mean he's on PEDs, though I'm cynical and think everyone is on PEDs.
                Given that PED is an incredibly vague concept (Is Gatorade a PED? Powerade? Icy/Hot? Head On, apply-directly-to-the-forehead?) we are all on a PED of some sort.

Comment

How big of an upset would this be if Arce wins? Like historically?

Comment

notice arce didnt take his shirt off , smart bc when ppl see his new muscles and physique they will know and assume he is also juicing with memo
                    his face even looks younger this is some crazy stuff hes got these guys on i want in!!!!
                    fukin fountain of youth

poor nonito is the ONLY clean fighter in our sport n hes fighting a juicer lol

Comment

Working...
                    X