Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler-Froch II Master Thread. Post here. DO NOT make new threads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by `STEELHEAD View Post
    all this silly talk about groves being worldclass. he's actualy a featherfister
    who's been KOing 3rd tier types.

Comment

• I had it 114 - 114 a draw, but 6 close rounds that could've gone either way.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Well as I said I felt Froch won. Now it's 1-1 between the 2.
        Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
        One of those fights where froch had to win really, just to set up number 3

this needs a trilogy, these two deserve a classic trilogy
        Originally posted by The Surgeon View Post
        Problem is I think Kessler knows Froch is that little bit better and I feel like that fight will have taken something from Mikkel as their first bout did. Froch seems to thrive on fights like that though!

Kessler has definitely earned the right to a rubber match and id watch if it got made but I cant see it myself
        I dont think a rubber is necessary, and even if it did happen it wouldn't really tell the proper story of the better fighter.

It'd be a bit like Pac/Morales. Morales won the first in his last good fight, then looked shot in his next go around, before losing the 3rd even worse. Now obviously Kessler isn't in as bad shape as Morales was, but Froch is still in his peak while Kessler was showing very clear signs of decay and a 3rd fight would just make him look even worse.

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
        I had it 114 - 114 a draw, but 6 close rounds that could've gone either way.
        It's pretty similar to their last fight, a close but clear decision win, but having Kessler winning or drawing this one isn't right. Froch was the winner and better fighter at this time in their careers.

Comment

• I noticed a lot of people that have it 115 - 113 for Froch, gave him the last round. I gave it to Kessler, although I've marked it as a close round - going off the top of my head, he landed the better shots despite Froch's persistence. He blocked several shots and manoeuvred out of the way of more. I avoided scoring even rounds too.

First time I've ever scored a draw for a fight where I feel there was a clear winner in Froch, but I guess it's what you're looking for. Kessler landed over 50% of his jabs & power shots and probably the better shots too.

I had it 6-2 to Froch going into the 9th, then of the 4 last rounds that Kessler won two were close. I also had Froch winning the 5th but put a line through it and changed it to Kessler, even still it was marked as a close round.

I'm going to re-watch the fighter later on and score again. I only scored 3 clear rounds for Kessler.

Comment

• Personally I wouldn't like to see them fight again.

Their names are always going to be linked together after what they've given in those two fights.

I've got the kind of respect for these two men that one a piece is where I'd like to see them leave it. I think that's fitting.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
              I noticed a lot of people that have it 115 - 113 for Froch, gave him the last round. I gave it to Kessler, although I've marked it as a close round - going off the top of my head, he landed the better shots despite Froch's persistence. He blocked several shots and manoeuvred out of the way of more. I avoided scoring even rounds too.

First time I've ever scored a draw for a fight where I feel there was a clear winner in Froch, but I guess it's what you're looking for. Kessler landed over 50% of his jabs & power shots and probably the better shots too.

I had it 6-2 to Froch going into the 9th, then of the 4 last rounds that Kessler won two were close. I also had Froch winning the 5th but put a line through it and changed it to Kessler, even still it was marked as a close round.

I'm going to re-watch the fighter later on and score again. I only scored 3 clear rounds for Kessler.
              I don't know how you give the last round to Kessler. Froch had him ready to go. I had it where I could see Kessler deserving it if he took the last 2 rounds, and Froch closed it out with a bang to seal the victory.

Comment

• Round 12 is probably the clearest round of the fight other than the 8th.

Both absolute clear and obvious Froch rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stokely View Post
                  Personally I wouldn't like to see them fight again.

Their names are always going to be linked together after what they've given in those two fights.

I've got the kind of respect for these two men that one a piece is where I'd like to see them leave it. I think that's fitting.
                  Well put. Id rather that too. Like i said though id watch a third if made because u know its gonna be good action. I feel as though Froch would stop Mikkel if they have a rubber match though and that would be doing a disservice to Kessler who i doubt will be the same again.

Comment

• I see a lot of people saying "Kessler is old anyway" "He's shot" etc.

I thought Kessler was going to better this time now he doesn't have double vision? Or has that disappeared?

People act like Froch now hasn't clearly improved and a better fighter since 2010 in regards to their first fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stokely View Post
                      Personally I wouldn't like to see them fight again.

Agree completely.

Comment

Working...
                      X