Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kessler-Froch II Master Thread. Post here. DO NOT make new threads.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nikosvault View Post
    I agree.

But I don't get the reaction to round 9 and 10 from most ring experts.

Especially round 9.
    No i agree and see what you're saying

I was watching it in the pub and vould hear the commentary where they were saying that was a 50/50 round etc,when i thought Kessler had clearly done enough to edge it

But hey man its all subjective,the fight was close

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Demon View Post
      No i agree and see what you're saying

I was watching it in the pub and vould hear the commentary where they were saying that was a 50/50 round etc,when i thought Kessler had clearly done enough to edge it

But hey man its all subjective,the fight was close
      How did you score it round-by-round?

Here is my card

Round 1: 10-10 (Draw)
      Round 2: 10-09 (Froch)
      Round 3: 10-09 (Froch)
      Round 4: 10-09 (Froch)
      Round 5: 10-09 (Kessler)
      Round 6: 10-09 (Kessler)
      Round 7: 10-09 (Froch)
      Round 8: 10-09 (Froch)
      Round 9: 10-09 (Kessler)
      Round 10: 10-09 (Kessler)
      Round 11: 10-09 (Kessler)
      Round 12: 10-09 (Froch)

115-114 Froch.

I guess round 1 and 10 could be where I'm wrong.
      Last edited by nikosvault; 05-25-2013, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Rounds 1,2,3,7,8,10,12 for Froch

Rounds 4,5,6,9,11 for Kessler

115-113 for Froch, close but clear

(that 118-110 judge's scorecard was ridiculous)

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
          I had it surprisingly close on my card, despite feeling Froch won it clearly.

Anyway, I had it 115/113. It really looked to me as if Kessler is all but done. His legs were terrible in this fight. They looked stiff and weak much of the time while his combination punching seemed to be nowhere.

I can't help but feel that with only 13 rounds in 3 years, constant injuries and well over twice the amount of time as a champion that Froch has had, Kesslers time is up. He put up a good fight, but the Kessler of 5/6/7 years ago would have beaten Froch pretty clearly.

Whether he retires or not? I don't think there's much he can do otherwise. Maybe go up to 175 and win a title there. Shouldn't be too hard considering the division. Even a past it Kessler should win a title there pretty easy. I don't think there is anything left to prove though. He's really only properly lost to Calzaghe and Ward, clearly two of the greats of the division and split a pair with Froch despite ageing.

Great fight, great fighters.
          Kessler might have had more time as a "Champion" but I think Froch has most certainly fought much tougher competition.

Like Kessler mentioned in the build up to this fight he's adjusted his style to a more caculated fighter as opposed to a fighter who throws an abundance of combinations. And in result is a better boxer now under Montoya which I agree with.

He's not the fighte he once was but he's not shot by any means. He just got beat by the better man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Keitha313 View Post
            People completely under-sell Kesslers chin...
            He has a fantastic chin and I think saying Froch could of stopped him is completely unfair on Mikkel.
            Yeah, I think it was more Kesslers legs that looked as if he were sometimes hurt. He's shown an incredible chin, one of the best at the top for a long time, over his career. I think what's going, or gone, is his legs. Very shaky to me and his reflexes, countering and combinations weren't there at all. He should give it away or have one more big fits to finish on in Denmark. Maybe a 175 title fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              Yeah, I think it was more Kesslers legs that looked as if he were sometimes hurt. He's shown an incredible chin, one of the best at the top for a long time, over his career. I think what's going, or gone, is his legs. Very shaky to me and his reflexes, countering and combinations weren't there at all. He should give it away or have one more big fits to finish on in Denmark. Maybe a 175 title fight.
              Kessler always want to be in "perfect" position when he fights.

As he has slowed down, he is looking more awkward and shaky when he tries to regain his position.

Look at him doing the same thing in his prime:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT5_mKx4S-s&t=13m11s

Comment

• Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Kessler might have had more time as a "Champion" but I think Froch has most certainly fought much tougher competition.

Like Kessler mentioned in the build up to this fight he's adjusted his style to a more caculated fighter as opposed to a fighter who throws an abundance of combinations. And in result is a better boxer now under Montoya which I agree with.

He's not the fighte he once was but he's not shot by any means. He just got beat by the better man.
                Really? I thought he looked pretty awful. At times, done. It was a good, hard fight by both guys and the jab alone from Froch was great, but apart from some glimpses here and there, there was something off about Kessler. That will happen when you are talking about retirement though. That means there is something gone, something not quite there anymore.

He did get beat by the better guy, but that doesn't stop us seeing Kessler as less than he once was. He's not shot, but he's certainly not as good as he as years ago. Easier to hit, slower, less combinations, shaky legs.

It would be great if Ward came to England for the Froch rematch. I don't think we need to see Kessler III. He would only get beaten again.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikosvault View Post
                  How did you score round 9?

I thought Kessler won decisively.

Nobody else gave that round for Kessler.
                  I thought it was a close round but gave it to Froch, case could be made for Kessler more but I thought Froch had more success

Comment

• I thought Kessler looked pretty dangerous once he had worked past the jab, the jab being the major difference in this fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingbrain28 View Post
                      I thought it was a close round but gave it to Froch, case could be made for Kessler more but I thought Froch had more success
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnVphLIAg20&t=48m41s

I just don't see it.

Comment

Working...
                      X