Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
    Flaws you saw in Robinson..thats great..monday morning quarterbacking..but lets look at the facts 173W 19Loss..6 draws..wow...its easy took look at it now and say wow..yeah he had flaws..but when your in the ring getting punched in the face its not the same..And yes Nationalistic pride.."chicano"..and your little pic there of DLH punching Tito in the face.
    Back in his day, they fought more often. So it was easier to blow up your record. And what little we have on him on tape, was past his prime.

From what little we can gather, yes there are flaws. Sure one could argue he was not in his prime. I would point out, his skills are not dulling. Its his physicality, you can still the patterns to his game gameplan.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      From all the fights I've seen he is.

@ I don't respect the sport for what it is. I'm just telling you what I saw. You don't have to agree. SRR is the best based on OPINION, some other people have other boxers that think they're better than Robinson.

Nationalistic pride? You obviously have no clue.

Just cause you can box 15+ rounds doesn't make you a killer. With the flaws I saw in Robinson, I don't think he can knock everyone of them out in DLH's resume.
      15 rounds + 8oz gloves...yeah..those are real killers man..not like todays fighters.

Comment

LaMotta is a poor mans version of Chavez?..You dont respect the sport for what it is..
        yes, that was a pretty clueless remark. Jake isn't a poor man's anything. he was his own fighter, a highly skilled one, and every bit as much an original as Chavez was.

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
          Back in his day, they fought more often. So it was easier to blow up your record. And what little we have on him on tape, was past his prime.

From what little we can gather, yes there are flaws. Sure one could argue he was not in his prime. I would point out, his skills are not dulling. Its his physicality, you can still the patterns to his game gameplan.
          Everyone has flaws..So your are you saying that SRR was not the best boxer that ever lived?

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
            yes, that was a pretty clueless remark. Jake isn't a poor man's anything. he was his own fighter, a highly skilled one, and every bit as much an original as Chavez was.
            Exactly..and back then they fought with 8oz gloves..big difference.

Comment

Originally posted by S. Saddler 1310 View Post
              Absolutely. Very subtle with his skill set.

Most just see his crude tendencies whilst watching very little of him and form that kind of judgement.

Comment

No one can say Oscar duck anyone...

Comment

Flaws you saw in Robinson..thats great..monday morning quarterbacking..but lets look at the facts 173W 19Loss..6 draws..wow...its easy took look at it now and say wow..yeah he had flaws..but when your in the ring getting punched in the face its not the same..And yes Nationalistic pride.."chicano"..and your little pic there of DLH punching Tito in the face.
                  I didn't look at his record to state my opinion, I looked at his fights. If you want to talk facts kiddo there is no fact that would prove he can go through it beating everyone in DLH's resume, specially by KO. You're getting too emotional in fantasy land. So what if I have a pic of him punching Tito? My favorite current active boxer is Wlad who isn't close to being"chicano".

Comment

Explain why?..Bhop never had that 1 punch KO power at MW.., Bhop loves to get inside..now you go inside on Duran?..you going into the belly of the beast SRL found that out the hard way. And I know im stressing this but..Duran boxing IQ was crazy..the way he rolled with punches and picked guys apart inside was a thing of beauty no hugging no holding just straight work inside..the whole fight no taking breaks..
                    Duran was good but you're overrating him like crazy right now man.

Hopkins at MW had good power, speed, work rate he could fight well on the inside as well as the outside. Plus he would be huge compared to Duran. Remember how tiny Duran looked against Hearns?

Comment

Originally posted by JustinFloyd View Post
                      No one can say Oscar duck anyone...
                      What about Margarito?

Comment

Working...
                      X