Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any Welterweight in history that could go through Oscar's resume undefeated?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I doubt anyone could go through Oscar's resume undefeated.

But you could say that about a long long list of people.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      You people act like Robinson is a god or some shit. I've seen some of his fights on video and dude has tons of flaws. Dude looked so great against people that had double digit losses. Just like Jones did fighting them cab drivers/cops. **** Robinson lost to Lamotta once who's a poor man's version of Chavez.
      LaMotta is a poor mans version of Chavez?..You dont respect the sport for what it is..SRR, was the best fighter ever..there shouldnt even be an argument there..Your nationalistic pride is blurring your vision man..SRR would straight knock everyone one out on DLH's resume..were talking guys that would box 15rd fights..true killers.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post
        Oscar had a shockingly tough resume, with most of the fighters he went against in their prime or still elite.
        Mosley X2
        Hopkins
        Sturm
        Trinidad
        Ike
        Floyd
        Pacquaio
        Vargas
        Whitakker (although he was past it by than)
        etc.

I'm thinking of a few.

Ray Robinson
        Ray Leonard
        Hearns
        Duran
        Wifred Benitez

The obviously problem is close to Prime Hopkins at 158-160. I don't see Wilfred, or even Ray Leonard having much of a chance against a 6'2 ATG fighter like Hopkins. I think the MW Version of Duran would have dropped against the Hopkins who fought Oscar and Tito as well.

Guys like Trinidad and Vargas were extremely dangerous as well as the Roided Up Mosley that Oscar went to war against twice.

ASSUME that you can just use the Prime Version of each Welterweight over and over again. Do you think anyone can go through that resume undefeated?
        Assuming Ray Leonard is in his prime, and he has to jump weights to meet his adversaries. Yup, thats mah pick.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
          LaMotta is a poor mans version of Chavez?..You dont respect the sport for what it is..SRR, was the best fighter ever..there shouldnt even be an argument there..Your nationalistic pride is blurring your vision man..SRR would straight knock everyone one out on DLH's resume..were talking guys that would box 15rd fights..true killers.
          Robinson has a shot at winning all those fights.

No way is he knocking out Hopkins though.

Comment

robinson, leonard, and hearns have the best chances

Comment

Recently as a welter I will say Cotto, if He wouldn't be assaulted with plasters, Mayweather still is, but its really about how long they fought at the weight. Sooner or later, someone's style will clash against anyone. No one is perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by onetwopunch View Post
                From all the fights I've seen he is.

@ I don't respect the sport for what it is. I'm just telling you what I saw. You don't have to agree. SRR is the best based on OPINION, some other people have other boxers that think they're better than Robinson.

Nationalistic pride? You obviously have no clue.

Just cause you can box 15+ rounds doesn't make you a killer. With the flaws I saw in Robinson, I don't think he can knock everyone of them out in DLH's resume.

Comment

Lets Make it more interesting. I am changing a few dates around.
                  Say the starting weight is 140, and the people on DLH list are in their prime.

140 - Chavez Sr.
                  140 - Manny Pacquiao
                  147 - Pernell Whitaker
                  147 - Ike Quartey
                  147 - Felix Trinidad
                  147 - Shane Mosley
                  154 - Fernando Vargas
                  154 - Ricardo Mayorga
                  154 - Floyd Mayweather Jr
                  160 - Felix Sturm
                  160 - Bernard Hopkins

Not a single soul, can clear this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    From all the fights I've seen he is.

@ I don't respect the sport for what it is. I'm just telling you what I saw. You don't have to agree. SRR is the best based on OPINION, some other people have other boxers that think they're better than Robinson.

Nationalistic pride? You obviously have no clue.

Just cause you can box 15+ rounds doesn't make you a killer. With the flaws I saw in Robinson, I don't think he can knock everyone of them out in DLH's resume.
                    Flaws you saw in Robinson..thats great..monday morning quarterbacking..but lets look at the facts 173W 19Loss..6 draws..wow...its easy took look at it now and say wow..yeah he had flaws..but when your in the ring getting punched in the face its not the same..And yes Nationalistic pride.."chicano"..and your little pic there of DLH punching Tito in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Ido View Post
                      Lets Make it more interesting. I am changing a few dates around.
                      Say the starting weight is 140, and the people on DLH list are in their prime.

140 - Chavez Sr.
                      140 - Manny Pacquiao
                      147 - Pernell Whitaker
                      147 - Ike Quartey
                      147 - Felix Trinidad
                      147 - Shane Mosley
                      154 - Fernando Vargas
                      154 - Ricardo Mayorga
                      154 - Floyd Mayweather Jr
                      160 - Felix Sturm
                      160 - Bernard Hopkins

Not a single soul, can clear this.
                      Consider how many years it would take to clear that resume too. You have to find a guy who was still fighting and winning at the elite level well into his mid to late 30's.

Comment

Working...
                      X