No announcement yet.

GBP dropping hints for Cinco De Mayo card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GBP dropping hints for Cinco De Mayo card

Oscar Dela Hoya was just asked on espn deportes boxing show A LOS GOLPES to drop a hint on Canelo's next opponent. Simply said GBP wants to bring back those cards where every fight could be a legitimate main event. Compared it to When Chavez and Mike Tyson would be on the same card. He was asked whether it would be Cotto, but disregarded, so they followed up by throwing Austin Trouts name out there which was met a bigger look of disregard. Said the decision of Canelo's opponent would surprise everyone, due the fact everyone will consider it a dangerous fight for Canelo when they anounce it. Sounds like another Mayweather and Canelo co-feature. Best guess is Mayweather fights Guerrero, and Canelo vs ? Can't be Martinez, he's fighting in March, and Angulo isn't ready. I know Oscar has blown things up before only to leave us all pissed off, so I'm thinking it'll either be James Kirkland, or a possibly even Keith Thurman.
    Thoughts?

They're taking their sweet ass time to announce this. For this reason I think the card will involve Floyd whether he's going head to head with Canelo directly or Canelo is his co-feature

Comment

Erislandy Lara?

Martirosyan?

Berto?

I agree it can be kirkland (but maybe they will do rematch w/ Angulo for 5th of may)

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks.... it'll be Marquez?
        Fits the typical Canelo profile
        He's old and a weight division below him.
        Might be

Comment

Floyd vs Guerrero - I don't mind this fight so much, Guerrero has proved himself a solid opponent, and still I don't see myself ordering this event.

Canelo vs Kirkland - wouldn't be happy about it....too long a layoff for Kirkland. I prefer Thurman. Could be Lara, but I wouldn't consider that "dangerous," but good.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
            Am I the only one that thinks.... it'll be Marquez?
            Fits the typical Canelo profile
            He's old and a weight division below him.
            Might be
            that aint happenin. its way too soon.

Comment

The suprise is this time canelo will fight a lightweight. Hes been fighting welter weights and JWW, this time he will go one weight class lower.

Comment

Maidana...

Comment

Mayweather-Alvarez, Cinco de Mayo.

Comment

lmao canelo marquez i bet '

20lbs lighter but marquez juiced out beats him

Comment

Working...
                    X