No announcement yet.

Who can beat Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
    #3 P4P Mosley didn't perform up to my standards? Ha. Try again. You wanna know why # 3 P4P Mosley didn't perform up to my standards. Wait for it, wait for it...because he was shot to ****, that's why. Apparently, though, he put on a great and gutsy performance by your standards or by the boxing world's standards. It's not like anyone was disappointed with how he fought. Like you said, Mayweather only fights the best and takes on some serious challenges. How was Cotto cheated against Pacquiao? Did Pacquiao come in overweight, or did Pacquiao say, "**** the contract, I'm in charge here." How did Pacquiao cheat the contract, which Cotto knew about at least two months before the fight took place? Please tell me.
    no apparently you don't like getting told facts to. you asked who was the last pfp fighter floyd fought as if someone was gonna have to go all the way back to castillo lol.

then came out with a billion excuses why shane didn't deserve it. it must be fun predicting fights after they already happened because i know your ass didn't make one thread saying he was shot till after the fight but feel good to be right about post fight predictions.

the same excuses you have for marquez i can say the same for cotto he didn't have a trainer had a poor training camp and then had to fight at a catch weight.

Comment

There are weight classes for a reason. If he starts fighting guys much bigger than he is, he can lose. There's a reason it's called pound-for-pound.

Comment

I can honestly see Mayweather losing because he is slipping. The cotto fight showed him slowing down. Cotto is not the fighter he once was even with a better trainer. Mayweather is not invincible and the inactivity will eventually be his downfall. I also think he and pacquiao not fighting, that Karma is coming back to get both fighters. First pac now then it will be Mayweather soon. I just feel that Mayweather will lose very soon this upcoming year.

I also think Pac losing makes Mayweather less relevant because they needed each other for the mega fight that will never happen. Now that fight has lost all interest from the mainstream.

just my thoughts

Comment

Originally posted by ~BoZz~ View Post
          No one he's the greatest ever..
          Floyd won't go down as the greatest ever. And to be quite honest I don't even think it will be close. And this isn't hating. Floyd's a beast and certainly arguably the best of his era, but to think that 20-30 years from now FM will be spoken of along the likes of Ali, SRR, SRL, Duran, etc. it's just not going to happen. Floyd's an elite, A+ fighter (obviously) but the his career & legacy will always be full of questions and criticisms. I doubt history will be kind to him.

If he retires undefeated he may be able to crack the all-time top ten but he'll almost assuredly never be in the all-time discussion for greatest EVER.

But really, is that even a knock? I mean what's so bad about being in the top 10-20 of all-time....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
            Floyd won't go down as the greatest ever. And to be quite honest I don't even think it will be close. And this isn't hating. Floyd's a beast and certainly arguably the best of his era, but to think that 20-30 years from now FM will be spoken of along the likes of Ali, SRR, SRL, Duran, etc. it's just not going to happen. Floyd's an elite, A+ fighter (obviously) but the his career & legacy will always be full of questions and criticisms. I doubt history will be kind to him.

If he retires undefeated he may be able to crack the all-time top ten but he'll almost assuredly never be in the all-time discussion for greatest EVER.

But really, is that even a knock? I mean what's so bad about being in the top 10-20 of all-time....
            This.

Also, being technically "the best" at any given time does not mean you are "the greatest" at that time. There is more to greatness than having skill.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

What's bad is, he'll be broke in 5-10 years. He'll always have to see videos of himself, proclaiming that he's the greatest, and flaunting stack of cash, and jewelry. He's going to lose everyone around him, and wish he could turn back the hands of time.

Let's say, PAC/jmm goes broke when they retire. They've garnered so much respect, love, and admiration from their peers, and people alike, that they will always have people willing to help them out, or give them an opportunity to make money.

Floyd will be broke, alone, and on vh1, with a failing reality show, since no one would care about him, once he was officially out the game for a minute. Its sad, but true.

Comment

Pacquiao..

That's why Floyd did everything in his power for this fight not to happen.

LOL at "canelo scares Mayweather the most".

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                  no apparently you don't like getting told facts to. you asked who was the last pfp fighter floyd fought as if someone was gonna have to go all the way back to castillo lol.

then came out with a billion excuses why shane didn't deserve it. it must be fun predicting fights after they already happened because i know your ass didn't make one thread saying he was shot till after the fight but feel good to be right about post fight predictions.

the same excuses you have for marquez i can say the same for cotto he didn't have a trainer had a poor training camp and then had to fight at a catch weight.
                  Alright, I'm out. I don't care anymore. Apparently guys like Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto were legitimate fights for Floyd Mayweather. He could not have taken tougher fights because these dudes were the best in the division and were beasts in their division. None of these fighters were shot, old and beat up, or at a disadvantage when Mayweather faced them. Because of this, Mayweather is a great fighter and will be regarded as one of the best ever because he stepped up, took challenges, and fought the best. Mayweather is a beloved people's champion who everyone admires and respects for his "take on all comers" attitude. By the way, I am being sarcastic. Mayweather is the "coulda, woulda, shoulda" fighter since he wins every fight without actually fighting.
                  Last edited by Null; 12-11-2012, 12:35 AM.

Comment

I agree. Mayweather will likely be remembered as one of the top 20 boxers of all time. He has a chance...right now...to put himself higher on that list by taking on guys like Canelo, or Sergio, or even Golovkin. He should be working on his legacy by taking on what we're calling the "riskier" fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparkman0811 View Post
                      Alright, I'm out. I don't care anymore. Apparently guys like Marquez, Mosley, Ortiz, and Cotto were legitimate fights for Floyd Mayweather. He could not have taken tougher fights because these dudes were the best in the division and were beasts in their division. None of these fighters were shot, old and beat up, or at a disadvantage when Mayweather faced them. Because of this, Mayweather is a great fighter and will be regarded as one of the best ever because he stepped up, took challenges, and fought the best. Mayweather is a beloved people's champion who everyone admires and respects for his "take on all comers" attitude.
                      Flowmos are scum bro.

Floyd vs king Kong/Godzilla. Floyd ud12, or tko rd. 9.

Comment

Working...
                      X