Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquiao-Marquez the greatest boxing rivalry of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
    Yea and the 3rd Ali-frazier fight "didnt need to happen", yet without it, it wouldnt be one of the greatest, if not the greatest rivalry ever

Is that rivalry also hard to call a great rivalry?
    come on man, please some level of context. to say the 3rd ali frazier fight, when they are in the same weight class and 1-1 with each other is the same as 1-0-1 manny/jmm is ridiculous.
    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 12-10-2012, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
      Ali-Frazier will always be the greatest rivalry. Frazier took his disdain for Ali to the grave.
      very true he did take it to his grave. Didnt he also have a voice recording on his phone taking credit for Ali's illness

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        thats not the only reason I gave. the fact that the fights shouldn't have happened mitigates the "rivalry" for me. thats all I've been saying.

again, what am I trying to discredit? I just don't think it is a classic rivalry. the motivation wasn't competition between two great fighters.
        your entitled to your opinion. i think its crazy but whatever.

they both looked motivated to beat the **** out of each other when the bell rang to me.

Comment

When you see people crying for a fifth fight you know this is something else, unlike other fighters they let their fists do all the talking... and well, the end of the story (don´t think there will be a fifth) was genuinely EPIC. We won´t see anything like this again, we watched history.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            come on man, please some level of context. to say the 3rd ali frazier fight, when they are in the same weight class and 1-1 with each other is the same as 1-0-1 manny/jmm is ridiculous.
            What context? Just like Pac-JMM 3, this fight didnt need to happen. Thats context. Frazier was called shot and this was suppose to be an easy fight for ali motivated by money

Their 3rd fight was 4 years after the 1st and both gained 10 pounds by then. Just because they were heavyweights and cant possibly go up weight classes means it was a great one?

Comment

Personally, I enjoyed Gatti-Ward, Corrales-Castillio and Barrera-Morales more.

Comment

not outright but for sure it is one of the best ATG rivarlies and like someone mentioned earlier it may not be over yet...

Comment

i prefer mab vs morales

Comment

This doesn't top Ali-Frazier. The Pacqiao Marquez III fight could have been better it was the worst of the 4 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                      What context? Just like Pac-JMM 3, this fight didnt need to happen. Thats context. Frazier was called shot and this was suppose to be an easy fight for ali motivated by money

Their 3rd fight was 4 years after the 1st and both gained 10 pounds by then. Just because they were heavyweights and cant possibly go up weight classes means it was a great one?
                      no. ali and frazier had a rivalry before the 3rd fight. were you calling this a rivalry between jmm and manny before fight 3. No. so how does this become a classic rivalry just because jmm got a KO in a fight that the majority of fans didn't want and that one of the competitors only sought because he couldn't arrange his 1st choice?

context out of the ring contributes to making a series of fights between 2 boxers a rivalry. we don't call every series of fights between 2 men a rivalry do we?

Comment

Working...
                      X