Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Says Marquez Was No Stronger Than Before

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny is a warrior and he finally got caught. No shame in a great fighter losing to another great fighter, thats what boxing is all about. Good to see no excuses being made and Marquez was finally the definitive better man in the ring that night.

It was an exciting and shocking fight, one we'll remember for years to come. Boxing was a big winner too.

I think Manny should just fight a rematch with Bradley to re-establish himself if he still plans on fighting out his contract. If he can't beat Bradley, i think he would hang it up.

Comment

Originally posted by SceneSpectator! View Post
      JMM has every reason to rejoice, and he should enjoy it while it last. After all he got what he was dreaming for, for a long time and fair enough for him. There should be no more 5th fight if I were JMM because he might not end up in his favor next time around and will retire in disappointment. I say so because Pac dominating the action before that flashed right hook, and that well placed hit was been there, laid down to kill Pac in their previous 3 fights but only this time hit the mark perfectly. Partially, because of Pac admittance that he was been careless this time and paid the price.

But I believe on Pac that the punch in R3 that put him down was expected only a little bit too late for him to react. And the impact of course is different from the one he did not notice at all in R6. If you don't understand that then you don't know much ***** about boxing.

And the way you reacted seems there's rivalry bet. Phils and Mex. Some few Pac fans called him Mexecutiner, yet he doesn't like him to be called like this. Because for him there wasno rivalry at all, just so happened that Mexico produced much of the quality boxers that Pac needed into the ring. His lost is not at all personal to him but that's what the sport evolved.

To JMM despite of anything, a very big congratulations and you deserves all the accolades of defeating Pac in a very convincing fashion. No room for any negative comment this time. But with your age at 39 and progressing to 40 next year is old enough in boxing. I think it's time to hang up your gloves and retire as champion with a smile in your face. You will always be remembered as one ot the ATG in our time, Champ!
      Good post. But the notion that pacquiao was dominating is a little far fetched. It was a 1 point differential in the scorecards and it is now obvious that Marquez had a plan for when pacquiao got overly aggressive. Also, they weren't the same punches as the previous fights, they were over hands with more mustard on em; he wanted to hurt pacquiao and hurt he did. But I agree with u that a rematch wouldn't mean he's gonna do it again, he's been in many wars already and is only getting older even though his style plays to his age. But there's no more glory to be had, he got his decisive victory, and finally closure.

Comment

Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
        Lucky punch that's all
        It was not. It was a waiting punch that did not come on their 3 fights, bec. Pac was then more careful in those fights. Pac this time went in to the trap that was laid down long time since their rivalry started.

Comment

If Pacquiao Said JMM Didn't Feel Any Stronger, He Probably Knows

For you clowns to say JMM WAS stronger, implies you were in the ring and felt the punches and the strength in the clinches. Pacquiao was a class act and gave JMM much praise. He just said he didn't feel any stronger than previous fights, and he simply got caught with a punch he didn't see. That's credible; why would anyone want to argue that? Even Larry Merchant said Pacquiao was very offensive, less defensive than in the past, and he was surprised JMM caught him with the punch he threw, because he was kind of long winging his punches and that's what caught Pacquiao. Get off Pacquiao's back; he's been nothing but a class act in defeat, just as he was before in victory. Remember, Pacquiao didn't have to give JMM a rematch; he'd already fought him 3 times, clown.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
            Marquez put everything into that one punch. All his years of frustration, anger, pride, passion, determination, motivation. He had power because it came from inside. Never stand in the way of a determined man on a mission.
            man i have to put this in my signature this made me laugh so hard thanks!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ABOSWORTH View Post
              Everyone is serving Pacquiao excuses on a silver platter and he's having none of it. Classy guy. You gotta respect that.
              I agree. He has conducted himself like a gent. Good on him.

Comment

Marquez beat that ass sit down *******s

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                  ROFL who are you trying to fool. Kudos to Marquez for the KO and the win but don't sit here and try to tell people he is all natural. Hint, Memo's specialty was helping athlete's pass drug tests.

Doesn't change the fact that Pac got careless and Marquez bingoed him, just don't try and act that JMM is all natural.
                  Pac-stain..... Manny and Ariza have both insisted that Marquez is clean.

Stop crying b1tch

Try to develop a little class, and you pac-stain's may not get treated like second-class citizens.

Comment

Originally posted by tlarry View Post
                    For you clowns to say JMM WAS stronger, implies you were in the ring and felt the punches and the strength in the clinches. Pacquiao was a class act and gave JMM much praise. He just said he didn't feel any stronger than previous fights, and he simply got caught with a punch he didn't see. That's credible; why would anyone want to argue that? Even Larry Merchant said Pacquiao was very offensive, less defensive than in the past, and he was surprised JMM caught him with the punch he threw, because he was kind of long winging his punches and that's what caught Pacquiao. Get off Pacquiao's back; he's been nothing but a class act in defeat, just as he was before in victory. Remember, Pacquiao didn't have to give JMM a rematch; he'd already fought him 3 times, clown.
                    Thank you for that intelligent post, what a surprise.

Honesty and logic simply rock !!

Comment

He would know better than anybody

Comment

Working...
                      X