Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez: If My Children Tell Me To Retire, I Will Retire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is everyone calling for a rematch? This was the fight that suppose to shut everyone up, and it did so in dramatic, non-controversial fashion. Mind all of you asking for a rematch, had Pac win, i espouse there would be no call for a rematch, ,and everyone and their granny would be telling Marquez to retire. You guys will be calling for a rematch until Pac beats Marquez convincingly. You guys don't really care for a rematch, you just can't bear the thought that it is Marquez who won in dramatic fashion.

Stop parroting Pac's and his team's incessant chant for a rematch, because as it stands right now, it is their pride talking. Let see couple months from now how Pac truly feels about this. As of right now, Marquez deserves the right to retire without constant pressure from Manny and his minions about rematch.

Comment

• Originally posted by turnedup View Post

Again..more to the point..it's ok for Cotto to drain Margarito but not pacquaio..it's ok for floyd to fight dlh at a lower weight than he was effective at but it's ok..manny does it and it's bad! bad! bad! Cotto has to lose two extra pounds and it's "omg he lost all his power".. G T F O H..i won't indulge this crock of shhhh anymore..I been a life long fan of Cotto and he wouldn't have won that fight at 147, 150, or 154..your weight has nothing to do with being incappable of getting out of the way of every punch coming your way..
      It is plainly obvious from your post that you know nothing whatsoever about boxing.

1.) Mayweather did not " drain " Hoya, he fought him at 154

2.) Cotto did not " drain " Margarito, because cheato was not a JMW

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
      Cotto has to lose two extra pounds and it's "omg he lost all his power".. G T F O H..i won't indulge this crock of shhhh anymore..I been a life long fan of Cotto and he wouldn't have won that fight at 147, 150, or 154..your weight has nothing to do with being incappable of getting out of the way of every punch coming your way..
      You are a fkn idiot kid, grow up or fuk off..... " i won't indulge this crock of shhhh "..... you wouldnt have a clue moron.

Answer me this.....
      If " Cotto wouldn't have won that fight at 147, 150, or 154 " then why was Plankiao too scared to fight him at those weights?

Pacquiao was too scared to fight Cotto at 154 OR 150, despite Cotto being the current JMW champ.....
      WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38KOs) advised the Manila Bulletin that he would not fight Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30KOs) at any weight above 147-pounds. Pacquiao stopped Cotto in the twelfth round in 2009. That match was fought at a catch-weight of 145-pounds.
      http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-...-pounds--48569

You fkn idiot, why was the catch-weight a sticking point that nearly killed the fight if 2 pounds made no difference? Manny was going to walk away unless Cotto agreed to fight at 145.....

Cotto: I Will Not Sacrifice My Body Again For Pacquiao.....
      http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-i-n...acquiao--48928

Plankiao intentionally tried to weight-drain Cotto, just like it says here.....

Pacquiao Admits Catch-Weight Is Crucial To Outcome With Cotto
      http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...ome-with-cotto

Comment

• Originally posted by trainhard_187 View Post
        Angel Memo Heredia.. Thank him Marquez for the juice that can be legally bought in Mexico. People sure are damn ignorant to actually think his power just came from no where..
        Stop crying b1tch.

Has Manny woken up yet ?

Comment

• Once and Five all

Comment

• Originally posted by Concussive View Post
            Seems to me like this fight was taken because of a lack of viable money-making opponents at 147. The top fighters all had fights already and Marquez was seen has a low-risk high-reward fight. Low-risk in that he would put up a tough fight, but was eminently winnable. That beautiful right hand pretty much disproved that theory. If Marquez wants to be known truly as an all-time great, he hangs 'em up.

I can understand the concept of giving Pac a chance to avenge the defeat, but if I'm Marquez, I just absolutely SMASHED your face in. Why bother? That being said, he will make a phenomenal amount of money for a fifth fight, and any number of top welters will see Marquez as a winnable proposition.

This makes me wonder who at welter would really beat him up? How about we hypothesize who would be truly favored to beat Marquez outside of Money? The Ghost? Alexander? Bradley? Berto? I don't think any of these guys would be prohibitive favorites...
            There's really no reason for him to fight again. A rematch with PAC would prove nothing, the win was as decisive as they come and we all know what pacquiao can do, he's no chump; so the glory would never be bigger than it is now.

Fighting anybody else at welter is a mismatch because he's not a welter, and at the same time I feel he would give them a run for their money. But other than Mayweather, a win would prove nothing. Maybe he fights Bradley for the belt to make him a 5 division champ, but that's it.

Also I don't think he would fight for money, shyt, he's an accountant for Christ sakes; he's definitely gonna milk this victory in Mexico with public appearances, shrines lol, what have you... All I know is that he's one of the greatest, he's old and he finally got his recognition worldwide, it only took him 20 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by stretchedout View Post
              It is plainly obvious from your post that you know nothing whatsoever about boxing.

1.) Mayweather did not " drain " Hoya, he fought him at 154

2.) Cotto did not " drain " Margarito, because cheato was not a JMW

You are a fkn idiot kid, grow up or fuk off..... " i won't indulge this crock of shhhh "..... you wouldnt have a clue moron.

Answer me this.....
              If " Cotto wouldn't have won that fight at 147, 150, or 154 " then why was Plankiao too scared to fight him at those weights?

Pacquiao was too scared to fight Cotto at 154 OR 150, despite Cotto being the current JMW champ.....
              WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao (54-3-2, 38KOs) advised the Manila Bulletin that he would not fight Miguel Cotto (37-2, 30KOs) at any weight above 147-pounds. Pacquiao stopped Cotto in the twelfth round in 2009. That match was fought at a catch-weight of 145-pounds.
              http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-...-pounds--48569

You fkn idiot, why was the catch-weight a sticking point that nearly killed the fight if 2 pounds made no difference? Manny was going to walk away unless Cotto agreed to fight at 145.....

Cotto: I Will Not Sacrifice My Body Again For Pacquiao.....
              http://www.boxingscene.com/cotto-i-n...acquiao--48928

Plankiao intentionally tried to weight-drain Cotto, just like it says here.....

Pacquiao Admits Catch-Weight Is Crucial To Outcome With Cotto
              http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...ome-with-cotto
              Yeah, sometimes you gotta feel for Cotto because his camp/promoters made bad decisions for him. He probably had no alternative in fighting pacquiao because PAC wouldn't of fought him at any other weight. Also the marg fight they didn't send anybody to supervise the hand wraps, so that was another mistake. And the most recent, he had no business fighting Trout, a slick and naturally bigger fighter, which even if he had won there wasn't much glory in the win.

But I guess he wants to fight the best and you could never question that. He's one of those fighters that you can't dislike no matter how hard you try.

Comment

• Well, no re-match as per the Big Mafioso... this was the "last fight", he said... and by KO it will end, he said.

But, since it was his child the one that lost so badly that he and the mafia team thinks he is over, THEN the mafia team want another fight... FU Mafiosos!

Do Mayweather - Pac... random blood test!

Comment

• People has to admit that a man that never,never hurt MANNY in 36 rounds suddenly came bigger than MANNY and knock him out with one punch;i saw a donkey flying last night!!!
                  Did you see the chicken legs of JMM ?Did you see the huge shoulders and arms?Put near two photos of JMM when he fought FLOYD and this time(MANNY's last fight) like they did with MOSLEY in the past showing the diffence of his body because PEDS!!!

Comment

• Can a Pinoy or PAC fan tell me how it feels seeing their hero get knock the fffffffuuuuuuuuuucccccccckkkkkk out? PAC never will get the ko against jmm tell me how does that feel? Is your blood boiling of hate? How does it feel to see PAC sssssshhhhiiiiiiit pushed in by a Mexican ?
                    Butthurt PAC fans

Comment

• I'd like to see him retire.

He finally got the win over Pacquaio that he deserves and was stolen from him last year.

He has nothing else to prove, retire on top.

Comment

Working...
                      X