Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mayweather Jr deserve the p4p #1 spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vilicious86 View Post
    Floyd is P4P #1 emeritus. You can't really take the status from him because he never lost it. He's just been inactive. Ward is the official top dog as long as Floyd sits out.
    "As long as Floyd sits out."

Sits outside the top #10? This is what you are insinuating.

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
      thing is Marquez's win over Pacquiao is 10x better than Mayweathers best win.
      Marquez ko of a fellow p4p fighter is better than anything any of the other fighters have done. Marquez is the man bc he beat the man

Comment

He's still considered an active fighter, so yes. I can see Manny dropping slightly or heavily on peoples lists. A Pacquiao win over a top contender should solidify Manny in the top 2-5 though if he can win convincingly.
        Last edited by sceneboxing; 12-09-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

It really doesn't matter where you have Floyd ranked.

Because at the end of the day, neither Pac or Marquez can beat him in most minds and definitely in the minds of the odds makers.

So put Floyd's asss at #20 if it makes you feel good.

It really makes no difference.

As long as Floyd is #1 at WW and #1 at jrmw, you mother fcukers can play chutes and ladders with P4P rankings for as long as you like.

It all boils down to who you fight and what rank they had when you did.

Pacquiao was never even a top 3 WW and he sure as hell wasn't a top 10 jrMW.

And Marquez finally got his **** together and won a match. And now somehow that is supposed to diminish Mayweather's status?

Please.

And don't get me started on Ward.

I love Ward, but he completely pulled a mannyweight on Dawson.

All of you that sit up here and say Pacquiao used catchweights to do this and that are the same mother fcukers who neglect to mention that Ward's biggest win to date came at a mannyweight.

At least I'm consistent in this regard and am not playing favorites. If Floyd pulled that ****, I'd call him out in a minute on it.

And for those who might argue that Dawson isn't the cornerstone of Ward's nomination into the top 2, then are you saying Ward is #1 for beating Froch and Kessler?

I just like things to be consistent and make sense. Maybe someone can explain it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by chavezjrmexico View Post
            Because of Marquez activity and always fighting at a top level and always the top contenders without advantages and never ducking i give him the number 1 spot!
            1 Marquez
            2 Ward
            3 Martinez
            4 Rios
            5 Broner
            6 Klitscho
            7 Floyd
            8 Salido
            9 Donaire
            10 Matisse
            At least these are exciting fighters and on top of their game today !
            anyone who has Rios in their top ten (let alone #4) can never EVER be given any creditability!

Comment

I feel like Floyd doesn't deserve it, but he's #1 by default nonetheless because I can't bring myself to bring Ward ahead of Floyd. And I think JMM deserves to be ahead of Ward.

Anyway my p4p list hasn't changed at all. Same as before the fight.

1)Mayweather
              2)JMM
              3)Pacquiao
              4)Ward/Martinez tie

Comment

No, SOG is

1. SOG
                2. Floyd
                3. JMM

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                  I feel like Floyd doesn't deserve it, but he's #1 by default nonetheless because I can't bring myself to bring Ward ahead of Floyd. And I think JMM deserves to be ahead of Ward.

Anyway my p4p list hasn't changed at all. Same as before the fight.

1)Mayweather
                  2)JMM
                  3)Pacquiao
                  4)Ward/Martinez tie
                  any reason why you can't bring yourself to put Ward ahead of Mayweather?

Comment

Ultimately it comes down to whether or not you still think he's the best fighter in the world, skill wise. If so then those people will have him at #1 as long as he is an active fighter.

Mayweather, Ward, Martinez and Marquez....arrange them however you like.

Comment

You shouldnt even figure in the discussion for P4P if you are as inactive as Floyd. You prove nothing when you dont fight, and even less when you fight soft touches when you do. Fighters like Ward, Donaire, Sergio, Marquez and despite saturdays result, Manny deserve to be there because they fight regularly. Donaire for example is having his fourth fight this year, something that would have take Floyd four years to do, so no he shouldnt even be on the list.

Comment

Working...
                      X