Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Happy He Didn't Retire, Roach Eyes Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man Marquez is a warrior, it looked like Pacquiao was going to finish him, but a guy like Marquez never says died, he fights like he's telling you ill died in this ring. Pacquiao did a mistake and payed for it big time landing right into Marquez fist, Nighty night.... Pacquiao Your a true warrior also my friend, nothing to be ashamed about, you lost to another great warrior.
    Last edited by Toltec77; 12-09-2012, 01:22 PM.

Comment

That's it man. Wasn't this the fight where both vowed to put an end to their rivalry? JMM did what he said he was going to do. Pacquiao fought well but JMM proved that he was and is the better fighter. No need for a 5th and I'm sure Jinkee will not allow it. Pacquiao would go into that fight nervous as hell. JMM should move on and Pacquiao should rematch Bradley, try to get his WBO title back and then retire.

Comment

Originally posted by CLubberLang View Post
        I haven't chimed in on the fight but I figure now is the time. First and foremost I have to say, " Manny. You got knocked the f@ck out"! That was a great fight and even better shot. Secondly, I have always liked Manny but I do have a lot more like for him in the way he has taken this loss. His humble spirit and acceptance of the KO deserves to be applauded. He could have down played it and acted like it was lucky but he manned up. I think Manny should take an easier fight like the Magic Man or something. He deserves it. JMM should push for a rematch with Money. To only make money of course because I believe the fight will be a white wash again. The only reason I say lets have a rematch for the 5th time is from the money stand point. Unless either one is going up in weight for Canelo, Cotto or fighting Floyd, they will not make as much dough. Manny was never gonna beat Floyd to be honest. The same thing would have happened with the check hooks and quick counters from Floyd. Probably not the 1 punch KO but a beating would have ensued if Manny could not land the perfect punch. All in all my hats are off to both fighters. I was bobbing and weaving in my recliner until the fight came on but it was well worth the wait.
        I disagree pacquiao back in 2010 was a beast,cotto couldnt knok him out and there was no way floyd would knock manny out

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          No rematch. Have Pac demolish Rios and JMM fight Bradley and then the winners fight.
          I think they should do the opposite, let Manny avenge his loss to Bradley and Marquez vs Rios. The only reason i say this, is because Marquez vs Bradley would be boring, I think Bradley would fight Marquez like Floyd did, he would use his size to stay away and play it safe, and would probably get the decision. I think Manny has a better chance of beating Bradley. And I think both Pac and Marquez beat Rios, they have too much skill for him and going to war is not going to faze them whatsoever. Marquez vs Rios would be similar to his first fight against Diaz, except Rios is more dangerous and tougher.

Comment

nothing more for either man to prove. I agree jin kee wont allow manny to fight anymore.

Comment

I'd like to see Pac prove himself, he had the fight and made one fatal mistake.

But I just don't see Marquez giving Pac another chance. If Pac had knocked out Marquez, I highly doubt he'd give Marquez another chance as well. The quadrilogy is done.

As for Marquez, seems like a good time to retire, he's 39, he just beat the guy he's been trying to beat for a good part of his career. He could sleep happy.

Pac on the other hand probably doesn't want to go out like that. I thought he'd retire, but I think there's at least one more fight left in him.

Comment

Bob made sure, that there would never be a Mayweather/Pacquioa fight.

Comment

How many rematches is Roach gonna ask for? So far, in a years spread its:

Chavez/Martinez
                  Khan/ Garcia ( I know Khan left, but Roach still asked for it)
                  Khan/Peterson (reasonable enough)
                  Vanes/Lara
                  Pac/Marquez

At a certain point you have to just acknowledge as loss. As a trainer he might need to hang it up. The losses keep piling in and pacquioa was his saving grace, but the KO takes that away.

Comment

Originally posted by marvin douglas View Post
                    Manny should fight Floyd now, but he has to take a 90-10% split.

It's funny because Manny has been so busy running from Floyd he ran into a punch. I mean he really ran into that punch, probably because he though Floyd was behind him.

Also, Manny wasn't knocked out, he actually was dreaming he had just beat Floyd.
                    Do u realize how much of a floyd d1ck rider u sound like? Freakin tool, if u have nothing constructive to say or something that makes sense then plz shut ur mouth and spare us these dumb pointless nut huggin remarks...thank you!!

In other news that was a great fight and like most ppl i was extremely shocked with that knockout. All credit to JMM and pac man for puttin on a great fight while it lasted

Comment

the peoples champ is dead!

Comment

Working...
                      X