Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think we can all agree, Pacquiao got exposed as an B class fighter...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
    so Juan Manuel Marquez dedicated his whole life and trained like a demon possessed just to beat a B Class fighter?

You know **** about boxing
    A great fighter like JMM wouldn't treat a fighter well below him with as much respect as he treated Pacquiao. And the same can be said about Pacquiao to JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lefthook10
      Floyd comes back after an 18 month layoff to beat JMM lopsidedly winnning every minute of every round. Pacquiao gets KTFO in 6 rounds.
      Yo, lmmfao...

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
        Jones got exposed as a b class fighter when he got ktfo by tarver. then he got exposed as a c class fighter when he got ktfo by Johnson.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        What about Margarito when Shane beat the brakes off of Pussarito?

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
          That's not what happened at all.

If anything, Manny Pacquiao did what he ALWAYS does:

He led in with the right jab and was going to follow it up with the left hand.

You weren't calling that **** "reckless" winning that approach was winning for Manny, were you?

You weren't calling that **** "reckless" when that SAME approach scored a knockdown for Manny in round 5, were you?

Marquez saw Pacquiao getting his feet set to spring forward, Marquez backed up a little bit, and leaned to the right of the imminent yet predictable jab and caught Pacquiao mid-punch before Manny could get off his straight left.

There was NOTHING different about Pacquiao's approach from back when he was winning to right now except Marquez and Bradley are quicker and better boxers than the dehydrated and therefore slow WWs and jrMWs that Pacquiao is accustomed to facing.

Pacquiao was winning THIS fight when Marquez pulled off that maneuver. Marquez CLEARLY planned it as it was set up perfectly .. from Marquez gauging the distance to Marquez leaning into perfect position to land that shirt right counter.

Go watch it again. That was no hail mary shot.

Manny CANNOT fight guys who can box and move. He never really could. You think Manny picked Morales and Barrera by mistake? Mexican fighters play right into Pacquiao's style as they are usually brawlers who plod forward and live to exchange in a straight forward fashion.

Marquez is one of few boxers that could be seen as somewhat "slick", and as such he was able to box, move and counter his way to this beautiful KO we witnessed tonight.

Like Roach said, "Its the world we live in".
          I think you need to re-watch the fight NOT just the KO. The plan, it seemed, was use his speed and movement and then hit but not get hit and when the occasion arises, go for the kill. Until that moment, the only time Manny appeared to be reckless was when he had Marquez in trouble but even then Manny had head movement, body movement and like I said, Marquez was in trouble.

Manny was successfully hitting Marquez then darting out of the way. Marquez had a hard time countering last night.

Now I'm not going to say that Manny is not an aggressive fighter or doesn't take any risks. It's more of a controlled aggression.

Manny was successful as the fight progressed doing just that. Marquez appeared to be in trouble as the fight progressed. That gave Manny the confidence but at that moment, he got away from his game plan as he got reckless in there. With just a few seconds to go, he already had that round in the bank.

I also believe that Manny stumbling (tripped over Marquez's foot) didn't help matters.

If you try to be unbiased, you would admit that the guy you say that can't fight boxers (ie. move and box) was beginning to take over the fight and for the most part, Manny was able to avoid Marquez's countering. Manny performed so well that Marquez's countering was nearly non-existent .... until that shocking moment.

but the nice and exciting thing about boxing is that a KO trumps everything that the loser had done until that point.
          Last edited by ADP02; 12-09-2012, 08:57 PM.

Comment

I guess it just makes people feel better when they discredit Pacquiao, illogically that is.

Sorry, but I keep saying that theres no proof Pacquiao couldn't beat Mayweather. Calling Pacquiao a b-class fighter harms Mayweather.

Either that, or its just an accusation with no logical basis

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
              I respectfully disagree.

There is nothing reckless about trying to steal a round by ending it on a high note. Manny has been doing that for years.

As far as the timing being lucky, I disagree here as well. If you actually watch the fight, you will see Manny getting his feet set to spring forward and you will see Marquez moving and leaning to his right. Manny missed the jab and at the same exact time Marquez fired off a counter right hand.

How is that luck?

Mayweather does it all the time.

Sergio Martinez caught Paul Williams with a shot just like this one. Was that luck? Marquez did something similar to Juan Diaz to finish him.

Marquez has always had masterful timing. Why now attribute it to "luck"?

Is it because it had to be because Pacquiao was the one getting caught by it?

That's not being straight up and honest.
              he wasn't trying to steal the round, it was a dominant round for him. Why do you always do that crap?

Comment

Originally posted by El Gallo Negro! View Post
                Jones got exposed as a b class fighter when he got ktfo by tarver. then he got exposed as a c class fighter when he got ktfo by Johnson.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                annnnnnnnd i think we can all agree that mayweather ducked a supposed "b class fighter" in manny......

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs View Post
                  annnnnnnnd i think we can all agree that mayweather ducked a supposed "b class fighter" in manny......
                  The only fact is your boy Manny got ktfo, lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
                    The only fact is your boy Manny got ktfo, lmao!
                    also doesn't change the fact that mayweather ducked him....supposed "b class fighter"... marquez has balls something floyd lacks.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                      I think you need to re-watch the fight NOT just the KO. The plan, it seemed, was use his speed and movement and then hit but not get hit and when the occasion arises, go for the kill. Until that moment, the only time Manny appeared to be reckless was when he had Marquez in trouble but even then Manny had head movement, body movement and like I said, Marquez was in trouble.

Manny was successfully hitting Marquez then darting out of the way. Marquez had a hard time countering last night.

Now I'm not going to say that Manny is not an aggressive fighter or doesn't take any risks. It's more of a controlled aggression.

Manny was successful as the fight progressed doing just that. Marquez appeared to be in trouble as the fight progressed. That gave Manny the confidence but at that moment, he got away from his game plan as he got reckless in there. With just a few seconds to go, he already had that round in the bank.

I also believe that Manny stumbling (tripped over Marquez's foot) didn't help matters.

If you try to be unbiased, you would admit that the guy you say that can't fight boxers (ie. move and box) was beginning to take over the fight and for the most part, Manny was able to avoid Marquez's countering. Manny performed so well that Marquez's countering was nearly non-existent .... until that shocking moment.

but the nice and exciting thing about boxing is that a KO trumps everything that the loser had done until that point.
                      Riiiight ... Manny's foot knocked him out and Marquez' fist was there to catch him?

Gotcha, slick.

Comment

Working...
                      X