No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Marquez Knocks Pacquiao Out and Celebrates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jonesroy View Post
    I think Marquez definitely tops Chavez as Mexico's greatest fighter. When you compare Marquez's performances against Pac to Chavez's fights with Taylor and Whittaker, you'd have to give it to Marquez.

I also think he should win fighter of the year regardless of what Donaire does to Arce. Quality should beat quantity.
    I won't refute that. I think it's very possible, for the meer fact that he's doing it so late in his career. But I think that's in part due to the fact he's been shadowed by pacquiao for so long that he was still hungry and dedicated. Chavez's latter portion of his career was clouded by his ", well documented, drug and alcohol abuse. But either way, their both great fighters and Marquez is the best p4p out right now, other than Mayweather, and that's only because they're stylistically similar and May is the bigger and faster man.

Comment

i can already see the day when i am watching a hbo documentary about this fight

Comment

Where are the pictures from the fight itself?

Unbelievable fight. Best rivalry in my lifetime and one of the best ever. I will tell my grandkids about this someday.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingFollower View Post
          I was scared for Pacquiaos health, but also Larry Merchant, he is a bigtime Pac fan, I think he should be on sucide watch.
          Hahaha. I kinda felt that when he interviewed them Larry implied that Marquez was su****iously strong. Lol F Larry

Comment

Originally posted by jonesroy View Post
            I think Marquez definitely tops Chavez as Mexico's greatest fighter. When you compare Marquez's performances against Pac to Chavez's fights with Taylor and Whittaker, you'd have to give it to Marquez.

I also think he should win fighter of the year regardless of what Donaire does to Arce. Quality should beat quantity.
            Even before this fight I've always felt Marquez is the greatest Mexican boxer of all time, tonight just cemented it for me. However, I don't think anybody, no matter what they do will ever be greater than Chavez, at least in Mexico. But yeah, I think Marquez is the best ever.

Comment

Originally posted by nysoxfan84 View Post
              What belt is that? Did they make up a belt for a non championship fight? SMDH. Still, great win for Marquez. Fight of the year, K.O. of the year and fighter of the year all in one punch.
              Sucks that it wasnt for a belt. I mean JMM finally gets a very clear win via KO and pac just lost the belt by bad decision. That would be JMM getting a welterweight title which he deserves oh well. How many weight classes does he have belts in, 3?

Morales was the first to get 4 but its kinda messed up because he should have gotten one at 135 but didnt and then the one at 140 was a vacant title but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                Amazing night for boxing. What was everyone's reactions when Pacquiao was out cold?

I was basically doing the same as this guy at 1:25.

WTF he paid 60 bucks to watch it basically by himself on a small ass CRT TV with his gf who could give a **** and was playing with the dogs the entire time during the fight of the year.

Too bad this one wasnt at the movie theaters. I went and seen may-cotto and it was even better than I expected as far as watching a ppv fight in the theater.

Comment

After Pac copied the goatee from Margarito, his results began to decline.

Comment

Originally posted by ElPerroBigoton View Post
                    Hahaha. I kinda felt that when he interviewed them Larry implied that Marquez was su****iously strong. Lol F Larry
                    And the fact that pacquiao's interview ran twice as long as the winner -___- lol

Comment

Originally posted by Riggsy Pooh View Post
                      Fight of the Year
                      Fighter of the year
                      Knock out of the year

I believe Tiger Muhammad is the fighter of the year, followed by kimbo tyson then marquez

Comment

Working...
                      X