Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the best boxer ever that was born outside of North America?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    whether or not the distinction is official, panama is regularly referred to as a "central american" nation in my part of the world. it's not looked at as a "continent," but it's a term that gets used.
    it is referred to as central america in my part of the world as well but it is common knowledge that there is 7 continents and central america is not one of those seven.

also if you happen to live in north american you should know that the nations in central america are part of north america

im sure everybody that went to elementary school in the states was taught about the 7 continents no big deal if you forgot

Comment

Id go Monzon or Jofre mebbe. There's Lochhe as well as many others

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cuban View Post
        Yeap..but I checked in boxrec and appear after napoles and gavilan...napoles is t he first but he is the one with less wins then gavilan...the good ting abouth chocolate is when he retire he fought to a draw and he wan every fight before that..he was awesome..I don't really know how they rank ppl in boxrec
        You've to be a rocket scientist to understand their points ranking system.

Comment

Tiger Muhammad

Comment

really good question since all of the best fighters are american you really got to look hard and go down far on the list of top fighters to find a good one that isnt american. When guys like calzaghe get ranked high as non american fighters you know non american fighters are pretty bad and untalented as a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
              Roberto Duran

Yeah he is the best non american and even he got schooled by all 3 of the other fab four guys who were all superior american fighters. KTFO, schooled and made to quit by americans.

Comment

whether or not the distinction is official, panama is regularly referred to as a "central american" nation in my part of the world. it's not looked at as a "continent," but it's a term that gets used.
                *sigh*

Well in my part of the USA, Brooklyn and Queens are not referred to as part of Long Island ... but that has more to do with people's ignorance than the actual geography of the matter.

There is no such thing as Central America. There is no such thing as the Middle East. For political reasons, certain people and nations make up terms to refer to specific parts of the world.

There's only north and south america in the "new world".

23 in the north. 12 in the south.

This thread got stupid the minute people started naming mexicans and cubans. Some people think the minute the people start speaking spanish, its south america.

Geez.

Colombia is the first South American country you hit after leaving North America.

Now let's all move on. This is officially boring.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  *sigh*

Well in my part of the USA, Brooklyn and Queens are not referred to as part of Long Island ... but that has more to do with people's ignorance than the actual geography of the matter.

There is no such thing as Central America. There is no such thing as the Middle East. For political reasons, certain people and nations make up terms to refer to specific parts of the world.

There's only north and south america in the "new world".

23 in the north. 12 in the south.

This thread got stupid the minute people started naming mexicans and cubans. Some people think the minute the people start speaking spanish, its south america.

Geez.

Colombia is the first South American country you hit after leaving North America.

Now let's all move on. This is officially boring.

i'm not disputing any of that. it's not a continent. roberto duran does not fit the bill. it's a word describing a region. "the south," "midwest," "great plains," etc. the south is a bit different, i suppose, as the states that tried to succeed are distinct.

i can get to rambling very quickly on a saturday ! haha

Comment

mclarnin was raised in canada, though, i believe. he has a great resume.

and of course, as with any great fighter, he fought primarily in the states.

cotto was born in rhode island, for instance, but i consider him a puerto rican.
                    Carlos Monzon did not fight primarily in the United States, neither did the legendary legend-killer Joe Calzaghe, he just went there to end legends.
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 12-08-2012, 02:35 PM.

Comment

This thread turned from 1 question into a geography class.

How exactly is Panama part of North America? I always thought Panama was part of South America along with Colombia and them.

Comment

Working...
                      X