Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Pacquaio vs Marquez IV Super Fight Discussion thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Light_Speed;12789860]Yes they fight for money but some fighters decide to retire on top even if they are missing out on huge paydays. Lewis and Marciano are great examples. I think Marquez will be one of those guys.
    If Bob allows it, I think JMM would take the Bradley fight and go for the chance to hold a WW title. That's just me but I think he will if the moneys fight. It's not like Bradley would put age on JMM.... JMM's hardest fights are past him.

Comment

• Originally posted by WESS View Post
      Pac's only 33. He's not passed his prime or washed up. He's not going anywhere.

The only difference between now and 2008 is that Pac is not fighting opposition that makes him look better than he really is.
      Rios will most likely be next. If he loses to Rios, it's a wrap for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        Marquez trained his ass off for this. Rios will have to do the same. Rios doesn't have the skill to go with Pacquiao like only Marquez can.

Comment

• Marquez reinvented himself. He added extra lifespan to his boxing career with the extra power.

Comment

• Ironically all of the other phillipinos fighters lost on the under cards...pac will go on...mayb pt 5...or not..but hes still the other lottery ticket...still has a lot of viabitilty left

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
              Pac vs Rios at WW is such a **** fight... but it will bring back the hype. The irony of it though is all those people crying about Floyd fighting smaller fighters will now flip the script since Pac is now fighting all these guys who are not even WW’s.

I would much rather see Pac fight a WW that was actually winning, maybe has a title? You know a fighter that is in his weight class.

Like I said before though, Pac's not going anywhere. He's 33 not 43. Bob owns his ass for another year or two.

Comment

• I've been sitting in my crib this morning musing and hitting the replay button of that vicious knockout. I wonder what the first call was Pacquiao made after the fight? I know this may be unrealistic of me, but I hope it was to Ricky Hatton. The best thing a man can do when he's been summarily trounced is to connect with someone who's been through the same experience. Hell, it might save Pacquiao millions in therapy bills to have a quick chat with another chap that's been stretched.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfanjunior View Post
                  Marquez trained his ass off for this. Rios will have to do the same. Rios doesn't have the skill to go with Pacquiao like only Marquez can.
                  Agreed, and that's why I'm saying if Rios manages to beat Pac, then it's a clear sign of him being over the hill. Rios is tailor-made for Pac.

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Pac vs Rios at WW is such a **** fight... but it will bring back the hype. The irony of it though is all those people crying about Floyd fighting smaller fighters will now flip the script since Pac is now fighting all these guys who are not even WW’s.

I would much rather see Pac fight a WW that was actually winning, maybe has a title? You know a fighter that is in his weight class.

Like I said before though, Pac's not going anywhere. He's 33 not 43. Bob owns his ass for another year or two.
                  I don't have a real issue with Pac/Rios because I'm not convinced that Rios is making 140 without any trouble. He still looks a bit drained at that weight, and going up to WW will help with that. As far as the styles clash, Pac is the clear favorite. But even then, Marquez just showed that Pac's chin might not be as solid as it once was. But, the KO could be chalked up to timing, and Rios is a bit too basic to get himself in that position to land a punch like that. He was throwing with Alvarado though, so maybe he can catch Pac with something ugly. If Rios gets his ass whupped, then it'll be an entertaining ass whupping.
                  Last edited by kiaba360; 12-09-2012, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by pennywise x View Post
                    2:05 fun starts

look at the white kid in the back lol

Comment

• What a great fight, what great results, thank goodness we don't have to scrutinize each others scorecards for the next 6 months over a controversial robbery this time.

Manny will probably come out guns blazing against Bam Bam Rios, his window to fight Floyd is closing.

Comment

Working...
                      X