No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Matthysse vs Lundy in Play For Alexander-Brook Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MAKE IT HAPPEN! I would love to see it!

Win, Lose Or Draw...Hank Lundy always come to fight, Mattysse probably beats him but I also think Lundy is slick enough to give Mattysse problems but like every one of Lundy Fight, eventually he does something STUPID and gets Caught, most of the time he recovers but 2 other times he did not recover and end up losing...

But that is a damn good Undercard Fight! And it could be either a nice win to add on Mattysse Resume or Lundy could make a name for himself and pull off the shocker and change the landscape at 140

Comment

Pointless fight. Lundy gets broken in half by Lucas. Can we get Garcia/Lucas please.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
        Cano was super young for that fight and Cano seems to have gotten better.

Lundy might look threatening for a while Matthysse will overcome him for sure in the end.

Either way it is not like there is much in it, beating either guy in impressive fashion is essentially the same thing.
        I agree.

The real argument here is since the Rios fight isn't happening, it should be Garcia-Mathysse.

I don't think Mathysse should have to fight not one more tough fight at 140 'til he gets a shot at the title.

If Garcia's gonna fight easy fights then so should Mathysse.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          I agree.

The real argument here is since the Rios fight isn't happening, it should be Garcia-Mathysse.

I don't think Mathysse should have to fight not one more tough fight at 140 'til he gets a shot at the title.

If Garcia's gonna fight easy fights then so should Mathysse.
          Well that fight ain't happening next, so I have no problem with them placing Matthysse in a spot where he will look good in a showcase.

Plus there is no one really that Matthysse could fight that would really help him make his name bigger until he gets his mitts on Garcia, so easy fight it is he has been fighting tough guys so a soft touch seems reasonable.

I hope he fights Garcia next, hopefully the unthinkable doesn't happen but in that case Matthysse can get some revenge on a fight a lot think he should have won.

Comment

disrespectful for lucas, Hank will never make it to his level.

Comment

Lucas will beat Lundy down

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                By raise his stock I mean like what beating Khan did for Garcia, beating a good guy no one knows about does not raise a guys stock very much~
                Are you telling me beating Cano won't raise his stock more than beating Lundy? If you have 2 nobodies, 1 is an ESPN fighter while the other has been in the ring vs Morales then in the Barclays opener who do you think has the most stock? This is a bull**** fight for Matthysse and there's no doubt about it. Not to mention the ****ty ass card they are putting him in.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                  Are you telling me beating Cano won't raise his stock more than beating Lundy? If you have 2 nobodies, 1 is an ESPN fighter while the other has been in the ring vs Morales then in the Barclays opener who do you think has the most stock? This is a bull**** fight for Matthysse and there's no doubt about it. Not to mention the ****ty ass card they are putting him in.
                  It does exactly the same thing~ to about all casual observers Cano and Lundy could be the same guy and no one would be able to pick either out of a line-up.

All that matters is how impressive Matthysse looks, which is what a showcase fight is about.

I don't know what your deal is, it is just a showcase not some big important fight and currently there are no important fights for him or GBP to make, hopefully next go around you get what you want~
                  Last edited by The Gambler1981; 12-06-2012, 10:00 PM.

Comment

LOL....Lundy on Facebook mad at people for ****tin on the fight.

Comment

lundy has no buisness going up to jww to challenge lucas. lucas will crush lundy i see a 7 or 8th round knockout

Comment

Working...
                      X