Comments Thread For: Arum Calls Mayweather Announcement a Ploy For Dates

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
    lmao, Bob crying just to cry.

Mayweather has consistently fought in May or September the last couple years. Nothing new about the dates.

Didn't Floyd take criticism for only fighting once a year? Well, be happy now, he's fighting twice a year, on dates he's typically fought on.

Making a big deal over nothing.
    i doubt Floyd will be fighting 4.5 months after fighting on Cinco de Mayo weekend....just my opinion

Comment

Damn ol Bobby mad! I don't know why, the coward said no to Cinco De Mayo last year stating that Mayweather couldn't pick dates in advance yet this cowardly old bastard has pac lined up for April.

I find it funny just how mad Floyd and his team can piss off the cowardly lying pos that is Bob... He's trying to say that nobody gives a **** about Floyd picking dates but what he's really pissed off about is that nobody gives a **** about Pac fighting a blown up JWW at WW yet again. Will the PPV's reflect this? We know it won't compete with Floyd and ol Bobby mad.

Maybe Bob will let Pac fight Floyd in May? Or is his eye going to need to be put back in place? The super special stadium needs more time to be built? Picking the date in advance is a no-no?

Comment

WTF is Arum talking about???? I seriously couldn't follow. Hatin azz old man.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
          Damn ol Bobby mad! I don't know why, the coward said no to Cinco De Mayo last year stating that Mayweather couldn't pick dates in advance yet this cowardly old bastard has pac lined up for April.

I find it funny just how mad Floyd and his team can piss off the cowardly lying pos that is Bob... He's trying to say that nobody gives a **** about Floyd picking dates but what he's really pissed off about is that nobody gives a **** about Pac fighting a blown up JWW at WW yet again. Will the PPV's reflect this? We know it won't compete with Floyd and ol Bobby mad.

Maybe Bob will let Pac fight Floyd in May? Or is his eye going to need to be put back in place? The super special stadium needs more time to be built? Picking the date in advance is a no-no?
          Nicely said.........

Comment

arum's a hypocrite of the worst kind. a good number of pac recent fights were announced right before floyd fought.

it's a way for them to get free promotion and capitalize on the buzz the other fighter's is generating

Comment

Schaefer and Team Floyd do appear amateurish. What's this obsession about Mexican holidays, anyway? Why is it so important for Schaefer and Ellerbe? No amount of holidays will attract people to buy crappy matches. (No racism intended.)

Comment

Never ending war...

Comment

i see...fighters are just money generating gorillas to Arum...hmmm...gorillas...

Comment

You can't be serious. Mexicans and latinos in general are the biggest purchasers of PPV boxing. You'd have to be a moron to not understand why those dates are important.

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                    Schaefer and Team Floyd do appear amateurish. What's this obsession about Mexican holidays, anyway? Why is it so important for Schaefer and Ellerbe? No amount of holidays will attract people to buy crappy matches. (No racism intended.)

Comment

We heard the same thing out of the Mayweather camp after the Ortiz fight last year. He said he wanted to fight 3 times in 2012 because he didn't get enough work in for Ortiz. Ellerbe said he wanted to fight in Feb and fight Pac in the summer. We all know how that worked out. Floyd will fight Guerrero in May and then chill til 2014.

Comment

Working...
                      X