No announcement yet.

Heredia secretly working with 9 world champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    If testing is affordable in other sports, it's affordable in boxing. If Arum and Schaefer don't want to dominate the industry, then others will only be too glad to take their place.

that's not really the case. if drug testing causes enough of a problem to drive GBP and TR out of boxing it will push everybody else away. i don't think it will come to that, but that's the reality of any business. if those two couldn't be competitive under those regulations nobody could be. they're the biggest, and with the most capital. if you drive them out you drive them all out.

boxing is not like other sports. and they don't have year round, fully random "olympic level," testing in any of the major sports.

a top fighter starting out will cost his promotors lots of money and years of time. they command big contracts, and they'll get the, but they don't start generating big money until much later on down the road. they make money off of big fighters in the prime and end of their careers.

frankie gomez, for example, has probably cost goldenboy many times what he's earned them. nearly all prospects are this way. they can't be asked to test frankie gomez for tens / hundreds of thousands a year.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
      that's not really the case. if drug testing causes enough of a problem to drive GBP and TR out of boxing it will push everybody else away. i don't think it will come to that, but that's the reality of any business. if those two couldn't be competitive under those regulations nobody could be. they're the biggest, and with the most capital. if you drive them out you drive them all out.

boxing is not like other sports. and they don't have year round, fully random "olympic level," testing in any of the major sports.

a top fighter starting out will cost his promotors lots of money and years of time. they command big contracts, and they'll get the, but they don't start generating big money until much later on down the road. they make money off of big fighters in the prime and end of their careers.

frankie gomez, for example, has probably cost goldenboy many times what he's earned them. nearly all prospects are this way. they can't be asked to test frankie gomez for tens / hundreds of thousands a year.
      Obviously any testing regime imposed would have to take into account the nature of the industry, and as such you would inevitably have appropriate thresholds introduced with respect to testing costs and the level of fighter that must be tested.

I don't buy that there's no way they can afford it. If testing for Olympic sports that generate next to no revenue can be financed, then it can be financed in sports where events generate millions of dollars.

Frankie Gomez might not be generating the revenue necessary to pay for his own testing, but the other big name fighters in the stable will be generating enough to pay for his and for plenty of others.

Comment

Originally posted by SoggyLungs
        well usually some of the generic questions often asked of a fighter by boxing/media journalists is "how's training camp been?" ..and so you'd at least expect one of those world champions to make mention of the good work he's putting in with their s&c coach...
        Yeah but thats usually when they bring up their gameplan and strategy put out by their trainer, not a strength coach. How many times has a strength coach been mentioned? It's very rare.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Actually the fact that he's working with nine champs indicates that he's pretty ****ing good.
          I think the best way to put it is he yields results with his methods which is appealing to anybody

Comment

That Mexican contaminated meat. All these Mexicans fighters are all shady to me.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              you'd keep this a secret only if you are cheating.

there is no other explanation that i'm aware of.

why the hell would you keep the fighters you work with a secret if you are a legitimate conditioning coach?

S and C coaches are pretty much the only ones bringing the PED's into boxing, according to freddie roach. i believe him.
              my thought also... If you are legitimate conditioning coach and working with world champions, you should be proud that your guys are winning and world class... and why change of names? something really fishy...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                Definitely has to he Mexican champions. That's where hes based.

Arce works with this dude? Arce KO9 Donaire...

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                Donaire has Conte...

Comment

#contaminatedmeat

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                    dat contaminatedmeat
                    wtf..............

Comment

Such a shady character. Why honest boxers would risk getting associated with this fella is beyond me. Conte is bad. This guy is much worse.

Comment

Working...
                      X