Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Pac can gain weight and speed "clean" why can't Marquez???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    I like you Ric, I really do but Im losing respect for you here.

Pacquaio gained his speed and power during prime years and is obviously diminishing. While Marquez at damn near 40 years old is getting bigger, faster and stronger.

And lastly, look who he's working with.
    ^^^^^^this.............

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      This is what I'm thinking.

He's not suddenly quick. If anything, he's slower.
      Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      Yeah, I've been wondering which fight people are looking at. He looked slower and more off balance in that fight than in any other fight I'd ever seen him in.

He fought smart and used excellent footwork, but apart from that, he looked heavy, slow, and more uncoordinated and off balance than ever.
      And this is why I'm not convinced that he's gonna turn in another great performance. Unless Memo is a miracle worker. Wouldn't be surprised if he looks like poop but you never know.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Sun2 View Post
        so are you calling marquez a liar ?! if he says he became faster i believe him ! why ? because i see with my own 2 eyes how much faster he is now since angel came into his life , with his new "training regimine" ! i was at the gym a few days ago and someone who was training at marquez gym was telling me how fast marquez has became ! he said marquez hand speed was almost as fast as gamboa and bronner ! now i ask you this my friend , other than marquez ,can you name one boxer at the age of 40 that has become faster and put on so much muscle in a short period of time! i cant think of one if you can please enlightewn me as i am always striving for the truth
        WAaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:

That is awesome. Marquez has been using the same guy for the last two years now, but has suddenly gone from being slower than ever in his last two fights while with him, though more bulky, to becoming as fast as Gamboa?

My god! It's a Super Marquez!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
          Not even that, Roach has stated he has a "don't ask, don't tell" policy regarding PEDs at wild card. He knew Toney was juicing and Toney knew he knew, didn't effect their working relationship at all...Roach don't give a fuk.
          Exactly, its a shame that he turns a blind eye in his own gym about the issue. Shady ****

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
            And this is why I'm not convinced that he's gonna turn in another great performance. Unless Memo is a miracle worker. Wouldn't be surprised if he looks like poop but you never know.
            I'm actually quite certain he's going to look slower and more off balance than ever and it's going to lose him the fight badly.

I think he's going to look old, slow, and bad, but big. That's all.

He's done lots of weight training where he's never done much before. You can still put on plenty of muscle well after 40/50 years of age. Especially if you are a pro athlete doing it every day for months on end.

It's obvious what's happening and it certainly has nothing to do with PEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
              I'm actually quite certain he's going to look slower and more off balance than ever and it's going to lose him the fight badly.

I think he's going to look old, slow, and bad, but big. That's all.

He's done lots of weight training where he's never done much before. You can still put on plenty of muscle well after 40/50 years of age. Especially if you are a pro athlete doing it every day for months on end.

It's obvious what's happening and it certainly has nothing to do with PEDs.
              Yeah I don't even understand the logic of adding all of this muscle. That's simply not his game. I don't know. This fight just blows, to me.

Comment

I don't think Marquez is on anything.

However, I really don't see the correlation. Manny gained speed and power around 29-30. Know that he is 33 or so he is starting to slow down big time, which is normal.

Marquez is doing so at 39.

With that said, Marquez is just getting bigger. Hell, this added weight may have him slow as hell, so I'm not on the bandwagon that is saying he is getting faster, as we have yet to see this increase in speed in the ring.

Comment

and FWIW when Manny moved up to face Cotto, Clottey etc....he really didn't add muscle....he just stop cutting weight as his body was less defined than during his bouts with Marquez and Diaz.

IMO I have followed him throughout his career, and he was slower in the Hatton, Cotto, and Oscar fights, than he was during his days at 130 and below.

I was there live, ring side, and that's one of the first thing I noticed in all of his recent fights (his drop in blinding speed).

neither of these guys are on anything and all these PED accusations are getting ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                    I think he'll be ok.

Or atleast I'm hoping.

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                      I like you Ric, I really do but Im losing respect for you here.

Pacquaio gained his speed and power during prime years and is obviously diminishing. While Marquez at damn near 40 years old is getting bigger, faster and stronger.

And lastly, look who he's working with.
                      Interesting that you'd say that when Roach has had fighters test positive under his watch. Yet Roach claims that he had no idea what PEDs were.

Pacquiao is younger than Mayweather and yet his fanbase is calling him "passed prime" in an effort to explain away the fact that Pacquiao can brawl but he can't box.

Marquez has been outboxing Pacquiao for years. Don't hate Marquez because he was able to transition better than Roach and Pacquiao thought he could and didn't give them the advantage they were seeking.

Pacquiao is the only boxer in memory who's biggest fights of his career all come from the fact that he was able to lure bigger men into dehydrating for cash.

I respect ability, heart and facing the best.

Pacterds respect winning at all costs .. PED use and mannyweights included. They don't mind being hypocrites. Perfect example is the fact that they hail Manny as a devout Christian despite this dirtbag doing cognac commercials.

I've written it before and I'll do it again:

The measure of a boxer comes down to who he fights, what rank the opponents are when he fights them, and what condition they are in at the time of the fight.

Casual fans WORSHIP name recognition because it allows their favorite fighters to do nothing but sail to the top on the hype elevator.

Just ask Lucian Bute. Before Froch embarrassed him, he was in talks amongst those who embrace hype as a top P4P fighter and potentially at the top of 168lbs without ever having fought a top 3 fighter!!!

Pacquiao hasn't fought a top 3 WW or jrMW to date!!!

But Marquez certainly has! He's fought #1 at WW.

Marquez IMO did better against Mayweather than Pacquiao will if he ever manages to get his balls back from Arum's change purse. And that was BEFORE Marquez had this most recent transformation .. which goes to show that he had the skill to compete at the top level at WW all along.

Pacquiao had to use mannyweights to fight the likes of Cotto .. who by the way he refuses to fight again unless he agrees to another mannyweight.

Is that a champion's heart? Is that letting your skills and ability to win speak for itself? If Cotto is no match, then why drain him?

Pacterds are full of double standards and hypocrisy.

If Pacquiao was truly even half the champion that the pacterds wish he was, then he would have:

1 - Fought a top 3 WW by now
                      2 - Taken a random OST by now against ANYONE
                      3 - Had a LW and a jrWW bulk up to compete against him at WW where he(Manny) thought he would have the size advantage.
                      4 - Told his trainer to have the good sense to keep his mouth closed about PEDs when Pacquiao himself won't test to show transparency.
                      5 - sought to fight actual WWs that were coming off wins and not career losses(barring tune ups). The only winners that Pacquiao have fought were Marquez and Bradley.

So before anyone trashes Marquez, remember that he had the balls to fight the best without all the ridiculous excuses and hype. JMM may have lost, but at least he stood up like a man and let his craft speak for him and didn't hide behind his promoter.

Comment

Working...
                      X